Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Rotherham 2

globaldiver

• Moderators

I was there when Reevsie got a hat trick. He was on a decent goal scoring run at the time iirc. Think he got injured soon after and we had to sign a new striker on loan. Some guy called Andy Walker who turned out to be half decent for us.

walker wasn't the direct replacement if i recall correctly

andy kennedy was brought in

then walker

kennedy was subbed at exeter and within a minute or two, walker scored

• Moderators

the great man agrees with you

What do you remember about your debut?

I remember my debut for Bolton very well. It was away to Exeter City and must have been January 1992 and I was so annoyed that Phil Neal had made me a sub.
I had been training with the team for a few days and all I said to Phil was that I was frustrated at Celtic and for that reason was so looking forward to playing some games.
But I came on for Mike Jeffrey in the second half and managed to score after a flick on from Tony Philliskirk. I might have had another but we lost a goal late on and it finished 2-2. That was the beginning of my month-long loan period and I think I scored five goals in six games. Great days!.

Quite possibly my favourite all time Wanderer. I know we were at a lower level, but the guy just oozed class and was the best finisher we've had in my lifetime I reckon. I know Super John is more of an all time legend but there was just something about Walker. I reckon he was the Freddie Hill of his time - going off what people who saw him say about Freddie.

Quite possibly my favourite all time Wanderer. I know we were at a lower level, but the guy just oozed class and was the best finisher we've had in my lifetime I reckon. I know Super John is more of an all time legend but there was just something about Walker. I reckon he was the Freddie Hill of his time - going off what people who saw him say about Freddie.

Same here.

He was a class above