Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

How is the the keeper meant to know who to tackle?

Screenshot_20230115-102339_Chrome.jpg

Thing is 

I'm glad it was allowed 

Like football was before VAR 

Shit decisions in big games 

It all evens out in the end etc 

Like the old days. 

Or the current days in league one

44 minutes ago, Zico said:

Thing is 

I'm glad it was allowed 

Like football was before VAR 

Shit decisions in big games 

It all evens out in the end etc 

Like the old days. 

Or the current days in league one

Do you really think it evens out against Skys pet teams? They need Man U and dippers up there for the product 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, green genie said:

Do you really think it evens out against Skys pet teams? They need Man U and dippers up there for the product 

I don't think sky have anything to do with the referee and var decisions 

4 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Unbelievable decision offside all day the Var official should be sacked !

Is interfering in play part of the rules? 

MOTD showed the rule and admittedly having had a few I didn't think it broke the rules 

Seems more like it broke the offside rule as we want it to be but not what it actually is

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

Is interfering in play part of the rules? 

MOTD showed the rule and admittedly having had a few I didn't think it broke the rules 

Seems more like it broke the offside rule as we want it to be but not what it actually is

Surely it depends upon interpretation of interfering with play and its definition as read out.

Rashford chased the through ball, and appeared to be preparing to shoot, before leaving it.

Leave alone the defenders' movements, if the striker is doing that, then that surely is a direct interfering of the play.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Surely it depends upon interpretation of interfering with play and its definition as read out.

Rashford chased the through ball, and appeared to be preparing to shoot, before leaving it.

Leave alone the defenders' movements, if the striker is doing that, then that surely is a direct interfering of the play.

The official Ifab law book for 2022-23 (rule 11.2) says:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

interfering with an opponent by:

1. Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or

2. Challenging an opponent for the ball or

3. Clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

4. Making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

1. Rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent

2. Been deliberately saved by any opponent

Don't think any of those happened

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

The official Ifab law book for 2022-23 (rule 11.2) says:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

interfering with an opponent by:

1. Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or

2. Challenging an opponent for the ball or

3. Clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

4. Making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

1. Rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent

2. Been deliberately saved by any opponent

Don't think any of those happened

Point 3 for me, categorically. They went through it last night- he ran after the ball, the lifted his leg before allowing his colleague to shoot. 

I don't see how doing that doesn't fit with the rule as it has an effect on how the keeper positions himself and moves. Clearly affecting the play. 

Like I said, that's purely an interpretation by VAR officials, which makes a mockery of having var.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, lobbypond said:

Arsenal's  league this season 

Think so.

Next week will be big- if Arsenal win that, it puts a big gap between themselves and Utd, and tonight's 3 points puts 8 points between themselves and city. They could even lose both matches against city and still be in the driving seat.

Not over yet but looking like Arsenal's to lose.

34 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Point 3 for me, categorically. They went through it last night- he ran after the ball, the lifted his leg before allowing his colleague to shoot. 

I don't see how doing that doesn't fit with the rule as it has an effect on how the keeper positions himself and moves. Clearly affecting the play. 

Like I said, that's purely an interpretation by VAR officials, which makes a mockery of having var.

He didn't clearly make an attempt to play the ball though 

If he does pull his leg back then decides not to follow through surely he hadn't made a clear attempt to play the ball