Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay

Recommended Posts

Despite my treble not coming in, that was probably the next best scenario. 3 of our rivals not winning and moving up a place without playing.

After the Ipswich defeat don’t think anyone would have predicted us being 5th when everybody caught up their games around us.

Well set for a good run-in đź‘Ź

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Peterborough & Wycombe have very win able home games next week whilst Derby play ipswich

I would have taken those results at 3PM.

We’re going to have to win at least one, maybe two away games but we should manage that given the opposition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Peterborough & Wycombe have very win able home games next week whilst Derby play ipswich

Hopefully Shrewsbury will have given up any chance of playoff before we go there and Morecambe continue to go to shit. 100 points for promotion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Despite my treble not coming in, that was probably the next best scenario. 3 of our rivals not winning and moving up a place without playing.

After the Ipswich defeat don’t think anyone would have predicted us being 5th when everybody caught up their games around us.

Well set for a good run-in đź‘Ź

Happy with the results but the other side of it is that there are a few clubs we have to play who are going to be a real challenge at the business end of the season - which seems to have already started going off some of the performances. Always think the end of the season is unpredictable and as usual it will come down to the performances we put in - every remaining game a cup final for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, green genie said:

Hopefully Shrewsbury will have given up any chance of playoff before we go there and Morecambe continue to go to shit. 100 points for promotion?

You just need to worry about Wednesday, Ipswich and Barnsley - we'll be more concerned about Derby, Posh and Wycombe. We could yet see you in the playoffs amigo :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Happy with the results but the other side of it is that there are a few clubs we have to play who are going to be a real challenge at the business end of the season - which seems to have already started going off some of the performances. Always think the end of the season is unpredictable and as usual it will come down to the performances we put in - every remaining game a cup final for us.

I think that’s always the case, every season. The clubs going for automatics, clubs going for play-offs, clubs fighting relegation. There’s never many teams who have nothing to play for.

Still say our run-in is preferable to any others. 4 very winnable home games.

This period where we didn’t play could have seen us out of the play-off positions. Derby need something against Ipswich, Wycombe need to win by about 5 next week, if not we’ll be playing Exeter, in the top 6, with a game in hand. 
 

Edited by desperado
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I would have taken those results at 3PM.

We’re going to have to win at least one, maybe two away games but we should manage that given the opposition.

Said weeks ago if we can’t get play offs with our fixtures then it’s a poor show 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

You just need to worry about Wednesday, Ipswich and Barnsley - we'll be more concerned about Derby, Posh and Wycombe. We could yet see you in the playoffs amigo :)

Well focused on the two from four and needing possibly the 100 points mentioned 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Up to now it’s looking like it’s between Us, Derby and P’Boro for 5th and 6th.

It’s all about hitting some form now.

Derby seem to have imploded - 4 points from their last 5 games.

We’re not much better with 5 points from the last 5 games.

Peterborough have taken 9 points from their last 5 games.

Wycombe have taken 7 points from their last 5 games.

A place in the play-offs is back in our own hands.

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Up to now it’s looking like it’s between Us, Derby and P’Boro for 5th and 6th.

It’s all about hitting some form now.

Derby seem to have imploded - 4 points from their last 5 games.

We’re not much better with 5 points from the last 5 games.

Peterborough have taken 9 points from their last 5 games.

Wycombe have taken 7 points from their last 5 games.

A place in the play-offs is back in our own hands.

I reckon not playing another league game before the final will be useful. Get it done then re-focus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Resounding win for the under 21s last night. Trafford was great.

Some good prospects in there, as well as under 19s. Bynoe Gittens will be a goodn.

Cant get too excited though. Southgate takes the knee and made Kane miss that pen v France.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Seems there are now two mini leagues of 4 teams 

Plymouth, Weds, Ipswich, Barnsley playing for the top two 

Us, Derby, Peterborough and Wycombe looking to finish 5th/6th 

Maybe Pompey too 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Seems there are now two mini leagues of 4 teams 

Plymouth, Weds, Ipswich, Barnsley playing for the top two 

Us, Derby, Peterborough and Wycombe looking to finish 5th/6th 

Maybe Pompey too 

 

Just watching EFL highlights now, it's shaping up into such a huge month April.

To think that Peterborough are still right on our tails only a few weeks after destroying them 5-0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Seems there are now two mini leagues of 4 teams 

Plymouth, Weds, Ipswich, Barnsley playing for the top two 

Us, Derby, Peterborough and Wycombe looking to finish 5th/6th 

Maybe Pompey too 

 

Last day fixtures

Barnsley v Peterborough

Sheff v Derby

portsmouth v Wycombe

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Last day fixtures

Barnsley v Peterborough

Sheff v Derby

portsmouth v Wycombe

 

Derby host Pompey week before as well 

Derby and Peterborough both play Ipswich in the run on

I think we'll be ok by virtue of the fact we don't play anyone in the top 9 whilst they still play each other 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Derby host Pompey week before as well 

Derby and Peterborough both play Ipswich in the run on

I think we'll be ok by virtue of the fact we don't play anyone in the top 9 whilst they still play each other 

Exactly my thoughts

Get next Sunday done and keep it ticking, win the home games few points on the road  job done

derby should be the ones worrying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Derby should be the ones worrying 

Agreed ... but we need a slap for slipping away.

Derby spent sooo much ... it was like getting a loan to clear your credit cards and saying "great, my cards are free, let's start spending".

If they don't go up I see them going for Admin a 4th time (or it it 5 ?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.