Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Individual errors all over the park, Joe Hart was exceptional, one unreal save from the corner early 2nd half,  one good shot from Lingaard all their keeper did.

Walcott just like Sterling, brilliant for club, but doesn't play like it for country

Edited by Didledee

• Site Supporter

No width, constantly relying on full backs. Crossing, what little there was, crap.

Team of strangers. Henderson too many balls square and back.

Stones puts the fear of god in me.

All told garbage.

If south gate has got the u21 team scoring so freely, play them. Can't be any more turgid.

I just don't understand this trying to play football from the back bollocks.

That's not why people love the prem and that isn't our game.

Play the English way and get the ball down the flanks and attack teams ffs.

We aren't good enough to hold possession and piss about with it.

Been saying that for years.

Why have we gone all continental? It's not our game.

I know that's what's supposed to be being trained from kids through to adults, I'm just not seeing it coming through! There's someone on here though that knows more about it than I.

What's occurring Gumbo?

Fucking dreadful. Sturridge is one greedy bastard. 

Giggs summed him up perfectly - he has talent but makes poor decision after poor decision = not good enough for top level play.  He'll always score goals, imo, but with better 'plays' he could have created some decent chances based on what I saw.  Same in Euros and most other games I ever see him play.  I'd rather have a Teddy Sheringham type playing behind Vardy than him up top.  He also looks like a right sulky twat, and that celebration . . .  

I think I have to face facts - England are wank and a half decent team would have rolled us over last night

Possession is ok but we fail when we get to the last third. Our crossing is woeful and trying to play through the middle is like threading it through an eye of a needle.

Stones played out from the back ok but he, Cahill, Dier and Henderson all tried to play suicidal balls back which let em in four times. We have to cut that shit out.

The way it looks at the moment its gonna be de ja vu come the finals.

Scrap international football. It's shit. Used to be a way of seeing the best players from all over. Now the top foreign players play here or alternatively you can watch any league in the world now days.

I genuinely don't know anyone that likes the international breaks anymore

.....if we get there :(

Even with Mr Grey in charge we surely have enough in the tank to see us get there? We've also taken 4 out of 6 points from the two strongest teams away from home. Mind I'll feel more confident if we see off the Scotchers in 4 weeks time.

I do still really enjoy international football, it's just that watching England is painful at the moment.

I can't remember which pundit it was but one of them got it spot on after the Iceland game when he said that they all looked terrified and every player was waiting for another to be brave and try something creative. I remember back in our Allardyce days, Nolan would often lose the ball, but I was fine with it as he was the one who was regularly trying something a little different. That's the type of player England need now. We just need someone to be brave and not afraid of losing the ball from time to time if it means opening the opposition up.

Bloody hell, present day Nolan would probably have done better than the majority in an England shirt last night.

I do still really enjoy international football, it's just that watching England is painful at the moment.

I can't remember which pundit it was but one of them got it spot on after the Iceland game when he said that they all looked terrified and every player was waiting for another to be brave and try something creative. I remember back in our Allardyce days, Nolan would often lose the ball, but I was fine with it as he was the one who was regularly trying something a little different. That's the type of player England need now. We just need someone to be brave and not afraid of losing the ball from time to time if it means opening the opposition up.

Bloody hell, present day Nolan would probably have done better than the majority in an England shirt last night.

Thing is we had two outstanding prospects for just that role in Barkley and Wilshire. Problem is they both have fitness issues, or the managers simply don't fancy them or think they don't work hard enough. Then again perhaps they haven't been used because up to now we always have to play Rooney as the play maker.

Scrap international football. It's shit. Used to be a way of seeing the best players from all over. Now the top foreign players play here or alternatively you can watch any league in the world now days.

Spearing et al do; they can jet off to the sun for a week's partying

We have a lad that started to do that.....but got screamed at for losing the ball (actually less than others in the team)....and then everyone like sheep just jumped on it.

European fans laugh at us, and top euro players and ex players pick this very lad out as our main danger.

England don't deserve that kind of player, look at the treatment Rooney and Raheem have had from the England cavemen.

But, we want runners and workhorses!!!

• Members

McLaren back to derby??

The world has gone mad.

I know a derby fan

They are far from happy

Appoint a bloke who completely fucked up your season, taking you from automatic promotion spot to not even making the play offs because he was interested in another job

Then appoint him again

Bonkers