Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Listened to a few mins of BBC Radio manc phone in just then, Bury fans phoning in to pose questions to their chairman

Caller "Is that Dele Alli still one of our players or what?"

Chairman "Delle Alli? I wish..."

Caller "Nooo you know who I mean *pause* Ishmael Miller..."

He's been sacked as well 

He's resigned apparently - although at 46yrs of age, I suspect he was on his was out anyway.

I'm hoping he made enough money taking the 8/1 on him eating a pie in the dugout, for it not to bother him too much

Daft bets like that are clearly easily influenced

Any bookmaker taking the bet would likely limit the stake to ten or twenty quid fun money, certainly not enough to make it worthwhile from a fixing perspective

I think what's gone on here is the bookie (Sun Bet) who took the bets also paid him to eat the pie, costing themselves the money

It's all a PR stunt by Sun bet, think it's been blown out of proportion in all honesty, especially seen as the only bookie to lose out paid him to do it

Edited by birch-chorley

l

I can't fathom how the fuck does a 23 stone bloke get to be the substitute goalkeeper for a National League side? Do they wheel him out on a barrow?

Fatty Foulkes was allegedly 24 stones before he retired.

He played his last 2 seasons in the second tier, for Chelsea (as captain) and Bradford City, after 11 seasons in the top flight with Sheffield United, winning the league title once and the FA Cup twice, plus one England cap.