Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Huddersfield 2 Wanderers 1

leigh white

One for the coffin dodgers.....................

Just driving down Death Valley,.....................coach broke down, 51 skinheads jogging up the hard shoulder en route to Thudders.

Have a safe trip tomorrow and bring home the 3 points, my mum's 75 tomorrow so taking her to the Lakes at her request. Gutted.

My young lads going to their 1st away game outside Lancashire tomorrow.

They won't know what's hit them

Watching Bolton away with a big away following is one of life's great pleasures.

Enjoy the day everyone and let's bring back the points.

Great stuff darrener, well done pal.

my dad took me to my first away game v Oldham in 1975, 26,000 on at Boundary Park, more Whites than Thowdam.

Some daft sod planted a Wanderers flag on the half way line, quality memory I'll never forget.

2 days later was Big Sam's flying wardrobe header from past the Trafford Centre v Sunderland.

Hope your sons have lifelong memories of the Whites like I do pal.

Went to both them games with my dad

Couldn't believe some of the away following we had back in the day

Remember driving back over to darwen after the Sunderland game and listening to the results it said the biggest crowd of the day was at burnden park 42000. I'm sure my lads will be die hard Bolton fans a win tomorrow will surely cement that.

Remember driving back over to darwen after the Sunderland game and listening to the results it said the biggest crowd of the day was at burnden park 42000.

Biggest crowd outside the top flight that day. Only Utd, Liverpool and Leeds had bigger attendances.

Great stuff darrener.

My dad used to always park on Lever St near Edbros, and we could roughly gauge the crowd due to how far up the street we parked.

That day v Sunderland, we may as well have walked it the 2 and half miles from Morris Green. Everywhere was heaving, even as we walked over the iron bridge next to the Rose Hill, Burnden was already crammed packed.

Sam's header from past Manchester Airport will never be forgotten.

Remember going to Leeds road twice in a week

We beat them 3-0 in league cup and then lost 4-0 in league typical Bolton.

Was that the game wanderers fan climbed up the floodlights?

4-0 was the game the White climbed up the floodlights.

IIRC he was a lad from up Chorley Old Road, mad as a hatter, same lad rang the fire brigade saying there was a fire in the Vic or Kings Arms.

When Micky D's duffers turned up, he tried to nick the fire engine................

Some bloody characters follow Bolton

A few of my mates from darwen "rovers fans " used to come over now and again

They couldn't believe how mental they were. One lad came to Southend for the August bank holiday game he was gobsmacked at how crazy it was

We were in the ship pub on the sea front when the dj played happy hour by the housemartins. The whole place erupted the dj was getting drowned in beer and his decks were getting knocked all over the place. He said it was never like this following Blackburn!

Some bloody characters follow Bolton

A few of my mates from darwen "rovers fans " used to come over now and again

They couldn't believe how mental they were. One lad came to Southend for the August bank holiday game he was gobsmacked at how crazy it was

We were in the ship pub on the sea front when the dj played happy hour by the housemartins. The whole place erupted the dj was getting drowned in beer and his decks were getting knocked all over the place. He said it was never like this following Blackburn!

First fixture of the season away at Southend was the most talked about in the loon dens of Bolton for a long time.

That day v Sunderland, we may as well have walked it the 2 and half miles from Morris Green. Everywhere was heaving, even as we walked over the iron bridge next to the Rose Hill, Burnden was already crammed packed.

Turnstiles to three sides of the ground were closed well before kick-off that day. Only the Embankment End remained open.

Just seen the news snow in Sheffield looks bad any one know if the snows hit Huddersfield?

Couple of inches last night, not thawing due to low temperatures, roads clear. Train delays in West.York's today. I'd check for a pitch inspection before you set off, if the tight Yorkshire Bastards haven't put on the undersoil heating could be a frozen pitch.

Wrap up well, highs of 2c lows of -3c, don't wear your Gazelles or Samba unless you want to be going arse over tit regularly in the icy conditions.