Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Freedman

anewman

Indeed, it would be interesting to know how much the assets are actually worth. I think Anewman said £500M the other week, I think that's a bit high, but we must be sat on c£25M~£40M worth of assets

I think Eddie would snatch someone's hand off if they offered 25 million. The problem for potential investors is the club is a license to lose money if we are not in the premier league and if we are in the premier league I doubt anyone would speculate to accumulate to keep us in there, it really is a delicate balancing act and if you get it slightly wrong the consequences are loss on loss year in year out. Everyone forgets PG found the 1 person in the world who loved BWFC enough and had the money to invest.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

A money speculation thread is always fascinating.

The stadium must be worth that

I love a bit of speculation. I've heard folk reckon the Stadium value is worth anything from £50M to £1M scrap value

I would have thought without a football club, then it's probably only worth the land that it's stood on, and the value of the actual stadium itself would be very little indeed.

Also, if there was no football team playing there, and the stadium starts to fall apart of gets torn down, then what does this do to the value of the hotel? 

It's the 24% possession stat that causes the problem. While you're going well it works like a charm - but once you're in a rut, it's extremely difficult to get out as your whole mentality is ultimately a negative one.

I'll be interested to see what Dougie does when Forest go through a bad patch. At our place he didn't seem to know what to do to remedy it - apart from hope and pray that if he carried on doing what he was doing that things would improve.

It's the 24% possession stat that causes the problem. While you're going well it works like a charm - but once you're in a rut, it's extremely difficult to get out as your whole mentality is ultimately a negative one.

I'll be interested to see what Dougie does when Forest go through a bad patch. At our place he didn't seem to know what to do to remedy it - apart from hope and pray that if he carried on doing what he was doing that things would improve.

The problem with so little possession is the fans can't build up any atmosphere become nervous and that transmits to the players on the pitch and it becomes a vicious circle.

Fairy muff! I just think he was out of his depth but wouldn't admit it.I,m certain he was trying his best for this club but just couldn't cut the mustard!

best thing that Tomski's mate Eagles did was blaze that Penalty over at Milwall that nearly hit myself and the AHM on the head. it was the final nail in the clowns coffin. Unfortunately the whole Muamba saga stopped it happening sooner. Old ground thats been trodden before but we all know the rest