Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bournemouths 3 Wanderers 0

L/H White

This is surely one the club should offer free travel to - especially to the regulars who never miss and who've already been to night matches at Norwich, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Boro. The fact is, if/when we go back up we've got more of this shit to put up with. And we'll get charged 15 or 20 quid more for the privilege of a ticket. It's fucking nonsense.

Won't matter then because we won't be taking many away at £40-50 a ticket.

This is surely one the club should offer free travel to - especially to the regulars who never miss and who've already been to night matches at Norwich, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Boro.

I've got an Anglo Italian Cup voucher so should get travel both ways with the team and a free ticket.

Which is what most of the top sides are charging now, Mounts. I'm sure I read somewhere that Newcastle were charged £52 recently - may have been at Liverpool, not sure. It's noticeable that increasing numbers of teams are taking up the smaller allocations these days. Not surprising at those fucking ludicrous prices.

You know what I'm saying NB. It's hardly controversial to say thanks to the diehards who devote their lives travelling up and down the country for the club.

Good for them but, many of us can't get to evening away games on the other side of the country willy nilly due to work commitments. We've been through this before but loyalty wings for games like those you mentioned is going down the "I'm a superfan route".

Let's not ostracise by positively discriminating.

Free travel to Bournemouth on a coach? No thanks! Even if the club payed for my ticket and ale at the ground, especially on a Monday night.

We went to Bournemouth on a coach when I was 9, for a holiday. Took 8 hours

The whole game is ran by utter bellends.

We can stick men on the moon but can't fashion a fixture list where midweek and evening kickoffs are against local-ish teams and the big schlelps all over the country are reserved for Saturday afternoons.

I mean, Ipswich on a Tuesday night - what knob thought that was a good idea?

The whole game is ran by utter bellends.

We can stick men on the moon but can't fashion a fixture list where midweek and evening kickoffs are against local-ish teams and the big schlelps all over the country are reserved for Saturday afternoons.

I mean, Ipswich on a Tuesday night - what knob thought that was a good idea?

But last season we had Blackpool midweek and barely sold 1500 compared to selling out when we play on a weekend. I think the more local games on a Saturday favour more of our support.

Ipswich/Norwich etc midweek or weekend it might make the difference of 200 going or 350 going.

• Moderators

It's not about being a superfan, just a nice gesture from the club to folk like Ruth (we're only talking about a few people in this category).

genuine question

when did ruth last pay to get in a game?

I didn't bring up attendances, someone else did, so that's not strictly true is it, Big E? I came in on this (like most others) to slag off the treatment (yet again) of the fans who actually go to matches, rather than those who simply watch on Sky.

shes been getting comps as long as ive been going away

she gets/got free rail travel

it makes it easier to be an uberfan on those terms

I don't begrudge it and I don't think any one should, even if as some people say she's a cranky old bint, she's dedicated her life to supporting BWFC she's alright by me.