Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bournemouths 3 Wanderers 0

L/H White

And of course if he could have turned down a lump of cash for the club so a few hundred fans could have gone to the match on Saturday then he would have.

Nothing to do with extra revenue for the club at all.

So they'll have no problem refunded our flights then. Glad we've sorted that one. Who do we bill?

That may be. To be honest I am not bothered. Yes it's unfortunate for those who booked but you take the risk. Nothing is guaranteed. Flights tickets that are fully flexible are available. People blame the club. They don't pick the fixtures.

I dare say if it wasn't people who were known on here the opinions would be different

Flexible tickets cost miles more as you know. Of course there is a risk a game might be moved but people who have lost out are still going to be pissed off and yes if they are mates that is going to bother me more than if they were strangers.

Your argument that we were on Sky when we doing well so are now their bitches and can not complain is one of the most bizarre things I have heard for a long time.

Only people who blame the club for everything are even suggesting the club is to blame, what people are saying is that if the club is making more than expected out of the game can they not do something to help fans who have lost out ? There is a planned community day at the club in next few weeks, the idea is that the club is part of the local community surely this means the club are committed to supporting the community ? So rather than pocket the money they could make some type of gesture and still be better off than before the game got changed. In all my dealings with the club including Phil Gartside they have reacted well to helping fans out be good to see that continue

I have no idea why or how you would not agree with that.

Edited by Ani

Flexible tickets cost miles more as you know. Of course there is a risk a game might be moved but people who have lost out are still going to be pissed off and yes if they are mates that is going to bother me more than if they were strangers.

Your argument that we were on Sky when we doing well so are now their bitches and can not complain is one of the most bizarre things I have heard for a long time.

Only people who blame the club for everything are even suggesting the club is to blame, what people are saying is that if the club is making more than expected out of the game can they not do something to help fans who have lost out ? There is a planned community day at the club in next few weeks, the idea is that the club is part of the local community surely this means the club are committed to supporting the community ? So rather than pocket the money they could make some type of gesture and still be better off than before the game got changed. In all my dealings with the club including Phil Gartside they have reacted well to helping fans out be good to see that continue

I have no idea why or how you would not agree with that.

I guess I just don't see why it should be up to the club to sort it. People book early to save money and have fixed arrangements. The club can't be held responsible.

The sky comment to me is very relevant. Everyone wants the money, everyone wants to be able to watch sky games. You can't moan just because it is ours. Do you feel sympathy for United fans who's fixtures chop and change got tv regularly?

The sky comment to me is very relevant. Everyone wants the money, everyone wants to be able to watch sky games. You can't moan just because it is ours.

No they don't. I think television money has ruined English football as a competition. 40 years ago the likes of Nottingham Forest could win the 2nd division one season and the 1st Division the next season if they had a great manager.The Sky money has made that impossible. I would rather there be no Sky money and no Sky football matches on TV.

I would rather there be no Sky money and no Sky football matches on TV.

Without the SKY money, I wonder what state our football would be in. Back before the advent of big TV money, most grounds were crumbling half empty shit holes. The SKY money have certainly improved facilities up and down the country and brought back the crowds (certainly for the top division).

It will never go back now, and judging by the amount of people who watch matches either on SKY of one of the other various ways, people seem to be quite happy with what's going on.

With regards to Bournemouth v Bolton - the sad thing is that nobody really gives a fuck about the fixture switch other than a couple of hundred Bolton fans

It must be great to have an opinion on the folk who've already shelled out the £200 for this Saturday afternoon game, i wonder if you all would be of the same opinion if it was you........i fucking doubt it very much, hindsights a fucking wonderful thing

if your group hadn't booked the trip most people wouldn't give one

It must be great to have an opinion on the folk who've already shelled out the £200 for this Saturday afternoon game, i wonder if you all would be of the same opinion if it was you........i fucking doubt it very much, hindsights a fucking wonderful thing 

I certainly feel for those who have forked out and now have to suffer the consequences, and it would be a great gesture if the club could look to offer something (not a full refund, but at least something) - that won't happen though as we know. 

SKY are fuckers for doing this sort of thing, but as the work-shy Welshman points out, as they pay the cash, they can do what they want and have a "fuck you" attitude. Whilst a few Bolton fans will be out of pocket, SKY will no doubt be even better off......and that's all they're arsed about.

SKY have improved our football and fucked it over in equal measure really

I certainly feel for those who have forked out and now have to suffer the consequences, and it would be a great gesture if the club could look to offer something (not a full refund, but at least something) - that won't happen though as we know. 

SKY are fuckers for doing this sort of thing, but as the work-shy Welshman points out, as they pay the cash, they can do what they want and have a "fuck you" attitude. Whilst a few Bolton fans will be out of pocket, SKY will no doubt be even better off......and that's all they're arsed about.

SKY have improved our football and fucked it over in equal measure really

Sense at last

if your group hadn't booked the trip most people wouldn't give one

And this thread would've last about half a dozen posts

Germany seems to be able to produce a reasonable international team without Sky money because their own get a chance.

A lot of the Sky money ends up buying Carlos kick-a-ball from Spain or Latin America and a fair bit of that ends up in dodgy agents hands.

Glad that I don't contribute.

It must be great to have an opinion on the folk who've already shelled out the £200 for this Saturday afternoon game, i wonder if you all would be of the same opinion if it was you........i fucking doubt it very much, hindsights a fucking wonderful thing 

Think you'll find a few of us have suffered this over the years, not including matches being called off either 3/4 of the way there, or 30 minutes before the match gets called off.

No they don't. I think television money has ruined English football as a competition. 40 years ago the likes of Nottingham Forest could win the 2nd division one season and the 1st Division the next season if they had a great manager.The Sky money has made that impossible. I would rather there be no Sky money and no Sky football matches on TV.

Didnt Forest sign the first £1 million player and steal the best manager in the country from Derby County using filthy money??

Didnt Forest sign the first £1 million player and steal the best manager in the country from Derby County using filthy money??

I know i shouldn't use facts on here but i read in Cloughies book that he paid £1 less than a million because he didn't want to be labelled as the first manager to pay 1 million for a player

Booking travel in advance always runs a risk of this happening and its a shitter when it does happen. I have fallen foul of this twice and understand frustrations of the people who are losing out here. BUT we all know away days are about the piss up and not the football so just go and have a piss up and be glad you don't have to put up with 90 minutes of your life being taken out of the boozer and take the £30 saved on a ticket as a credit note towards your already laid out expense.

I'd stick with it if it's a lads piss up and you've all shelled out a few quid. I bet you could find some local football to take in if you could be arsed. See if Poole Town or similar are at home.

;) Already suggested and its the top two (Poole and Corby) playing the last match and either could win the league.