Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cardiff 0 Wanderers 3

H

A shit team we failed to score against in 2 games

They werent the best of teams to go up, but we werent as good as them

Who knows if we'd have beat them but it was Freedmans duty to do everything in his power to at least get us there he played Hall against Blackpool and didn't try to sign Dawson that smacks of arrogance that marked out most of Freedmans reign and his persona.

I might be wrong here, but when we signed Craig Dawson on an emergency loan deal, which is for a maximum of 93 days. We signed Dawson on 23rd January 2013 (according to Wiki) so, that would give us 9 days in January, 28 days in February, 31 in March and 30 in April, that works out at 98 days, so Dawson couldn't possibly have been in a position to play for us against Blackpool on the 4th May. So it wasn't Dougie's fault, according to my analysis! 

• Members

Just think if gartside hadn't changed his mind at the last minute and stuck with big mick we would be back up now with the squad and financial backing

Have to agree that Big Mick would have been the right choice at that time.

I might be wrong here, but when we signed Craig Dawson on an emergency loan deal, which is for a maximum of 93 days. We signed Dawson on 23rd January 2013 (according to Wiki) so, that would give us 9 days in January, 28 days in February, 31 in March and 30 in April, that works out at 98 days, so Dawson couldn't possibly have been in a position to play for us against Blackpool on the 4th May. So it wasn't Dougie's fault, according to my analysis!

There some technical way round the rules but DF decided not to do that, not sure of the ins and outs but DF confirmed this at the time.

Did Vela play CMF yesterday ?

Have to agree that Big Mick would have been the right choice at that time.

McCarthy has a proven track record of putting together decent Championship teams which would have been better that what we had in recent years, but by now the same people who shout for the head of the manager everytime we fail to win the Champions League would now be shouting for change.

A shit palace team beat them in the final so I'd say yes we would have beat them.

Come on, a Palace team with Zaha and Bolasie in it. Hardly shit, several of the players from that team are doing well in the premier league now. I agree Dougie blew our chance of getting into the play-offs with the bizarre selection against Blackpool. But after that think it is irrelevant. Don't think we'd have had a chance against Watford over two legs. We were running on empty towards the end of that season with injuries taking the steam out of us.

• Moderators

There some technical way round the rules but DF decided not to do that, not sure of the ins and outs but DF confirmed this at the time.

i know what he said, but as dawson was an emergency loan, ie one outside the official windows, the deal cannot run beyond 93 days

i know what he said, but as dawson was an emergency loan, ie one outside the official windows, the deal cannot run beyond 93 days

The point people were making and I think that was suggested, he could have ended his current deal and then restart a new loan deal before the close of the emergency window which would have taken the deal through the playoffs if need be. 

Come on, a Palace team with Zaha and Bolasie in it. Hardly shit, several of the players from that team are doing well in the premier league now. I agree Dougie blew our chance of getting into the play-offs with the bizarre selection against Blackpool. But after that think it is irrelevant. Don't think we'd have had a chance against Watford over two legs. We were running on empty towards the end of that season with injuries taking the steam out of us.

You have to be in it to win it, though.

Dougie didn't even buy a ticket.

FFS everyone put their toys away

This thread is about us enjoying a 3-0 away win not raking up old bullshit that's been discussed time and time again, i wish to fuck folk would let it all go, same shit just a different day on here 

Well done to NL and his boys COYFWM

which was my point yesterday

• Moderators

The point people were making and I think that was suggested, he could have ended his current deal and then restart a new loan deal before the close of the emergency window which would have taken the deal through the playoffs if need be. 

full loans are only allowed in a transfer window - april is not within a transfer window

emergency loans are limited to 93 days in any one season

which is why mason could only do 50? days in his second spell last year

full loans are only allowed in a transfer window - april is not within a transfer window

emergency loans are limited to 93 days in any one season

which is why mason could only do 50? days in his second spell last year

We signed him in January so could have signed him for the rest of the season. I believe WBA wanted a recall option which you can only do on a emergency loan. The way round it was if we agreed to send him back early if they requested it. A slight bending of the rules which Dougie wouldn't do.

We signed him in January so could have signed him for the rest of the season. I believe WBA wanted a recall option which you can only do on a emergency loan. The way round it was if we agreed to send him back early if they requested it. A slight bending of the rules which Dougie wouldn't do.

If we signed him on a full loan he couldn't have gone back to play for West Brom. As an emergency loan he could, which probably explains why they wanted it done that way. But you can't send a full loan back outside of a transfer window and no way around that.

• Moderators

Come on, a Palace team with Zaha and Bolasie in it. Hardly shit, several of the players from that team are doing well in the premier league now.

And glenn murray

And jedinak

Theres 4 players that piss all over anything we have and i havent even bothered at looking at the rest of the team

And glenn murray

And jedinak

Theres 4 players that piss all over anything we have and i havent even bothered at looking at the rest of the team

Wasn't Murray injured by then? Garvan and Moxey were in the Palace team last game off the season so Palace weren't world beaters and were out of form at the time, we still had a core of Premier league players in our midst and were not running on empty as suggested we'd come with a wet sail and were the form team. Edited by Mounts Kipper

I think he was injured at some point. Still did the business during the season.

42 games - 30 goals

A dougie signing aswell !!!!

I think DF can pick a player not sure he can motivate them once he's signed them though, can't believe he's stuck with LL he needs to get a right hand man who's not pissing his pants during the game.

Guest Blixa

True dat

We should of been filling that end today

Without looking I reckon we prob have the worst away following in the league today

Tinpot

I presume it's the advent of the Premier League, Sky and social media that has led to the collective wanking over attendances and followings.

We are a decent-sized club from a decent-sized town near a number of other clubs. We do well considering where we are at.

I'm glad we don't rely on the money and support of 'Billy no mates' types for the far flung corners of the world to finance us trying to get into Europe (and then fail) almost every year. If you want that, bugger off up the road, tickets are easily found these days at either Manchester club.

Personally I'm happy to be tinpot and support my home town club, whether we have a decent away following or not.