Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre -Season Games

Mounts Kipper

Team for tonight - 

Amos, Wilson, Dervite, Osede, Moxey, Vela, Pratley, Walker, Dobbie, Feeney, Madine

I hope Walker and Feeney are on the right sides, it's really not been working with them attempting to cut inside, might as well get in positions to cross it seeing as we have Madine in there.

In the Oldham end tonight VIP (if you can call it that) Missus cousin is Oldhams 1st choice goalie!!! All I can say is this is must have been what watching football in the 60"s was like. Just seen Bradley orr in the players lounge. Let's hope he's off to Oldham. Fuck me that's all we need at right back ha

Trying to think last time I went to Oldham.

Think it was towards end of championship winning season 97 and we drew 0-0.

I've got no recollection of us playing them at home that season though....any ideas?

Didnt go to the vaz te cup match

Solid performance. Derek and Dervite played well - full backs dodgy first half but improved in second. Vela played deep but pulled the strings well - Pratters looked busy and strong - Dobbie is a classy player but not sure about his legs in the Championship - Feeney probably MOM but should have had a brace at least - Madine led line well but missed a sitter - Spearing and Twatdick did nowt when they came on. Hayden White likes diving in with leg breakers. Kayne Woolery I'd like to see more of - rapid.