Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre -Season Games

Mounts Kipper

It's going to be a long hard season '!

What happened to kuipers signing?

Heskey, madine and dobbie upfront next season isn't inspiring me.

Was a good finish from Dobbie for his goal tonight so there's a certain amount of encouragement on that front if Lennon decides to sign him.

Do you think Dobbie good enough at 33 for championship? not seen him play but my gut feeling says that he's not good enough.

Happy to give him a chance. He's not an out and out striker on the whole but might be a good link between midfield and attack. If it's on the right terms then I don't see why not.

The fact they ran out of pies warrants a boo though.

Must have raked it in at £3.50 a chuck. Nowhere near as good as I was hoping for either as a pie connoisseur, though free gravy was a bonus.

Didnt we get battered in every pre season game before the 100 goals 99 points season? Including 6-0 by some no mark Scandinavian team. It means next to bugger all until we play Derby first game!!!!!

Didnt we get battered in every pre season game before the 100 goals 99 points season? Including 6-0 by some no mark Scandinavian team. It means next to bugger all until we play Derby first game!!!!!

We say this every year.

We lack organisation, commitment and passion.

Our problem wasn't going forward, as ever it was it winning the ball back, set pieces, basic defending and a FUCKING MIDFIELD.

I'm as positive as they come, but I really think the bookies are right, there's not three worse than us this year.

• Site Supporter

The fact the NL doesn't seem duly concerned says it all. This is a bit of a shit or bust season for him too.

Turned down a good job in Middle East for Bolton Beach. I'm sure we will be OK

Regarding the bookies, didn't they have wiggin as one of the favourites for promotion last season, and what odds were Bournemoth, Brentford and Ipswich for promotion / play-offs?

I might get a little bit inspired if there was any sign of us keeping a clean sheet in any of these games

Fair play to all who went along, hope it doesn't take too long to get back.

About an hour.

It's Morecambe for gods sake not Morrocco.

Edited by captainmed

We say this every year.

We lack organisation, commitment and passion.

Our problem wasn't going forward, as ever it was it winning the ball back, set pieces, basic defending and a FUCKING MIDFIELD.

I'm as positive as they come, but I really think the bookies are right, there's not three worse than us this year.

I'm in this camp we kick off in 3 weeks and there's no sign of anything remotely positive on the transfer front or activity from the owner or Phil Gartside, we've flogged part of the car park for 5.5 million and still nothing. I'm the first to thank Eddie Davies for his support of the club however how does he expect to sell the club when we're a million miles from being a top half club let alone a top 6 club if you keep running BWFC into the ground potential investors are surely less likely to invest. Edited by Mounts Kipper

I'm in this camp we kick off in 3 weeks and there's no sign of anything remotely positive on the transfer front or activity from the owner or Phil Gartside, we've flogged part of the car park for 5.5 million and still nothing. I'm the first to thank Eddie Davies for his support of the club however how does he expect to sell the club when we're a million miles from being a top half club let alone a top 6 club if you keep running BWFC into the ground potential investors are surely less likely to invest.

I've heard Eddie and Phil are organising a charity car wash. All the proceeds are going to the Bring Le Fondre home fund

Some of the doom and Gloom is a bit mental.

See these comments I don't get it's not doom n gloom for the sake of it my comments are in my view an accurate assessment of where we're at now a doom n gloom merchant just holds a continuous negative viewpoint the only glimmer of light would be players returning from injury to bolster what currently is a piss poor set of players and a management team who given a modicum of backing could actually do something. Those folk who think there's no need to be concerned should stop sniffing glue.