Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I still can't work out why SS have bought us. Ultimately if we can get back in the prem it all makes sense - they can run the club well & syphon off a fortune for themselves & everyone is happy.

But that's going to be a struggle & I agree with a few on here & think we'll go backwards before we go forwards again.

I still can't work out why SS have bought us. Ultimately if we can get back in the prem it all makes sense - they can run the club well & syphon off a fortune for themselves & everyone is happy.

But that's going to be a struggle & I agree with a few on here & think we'll go backwards before we go forwards again.

My hope is they are in it to shift it at a profit which requires us to be better.

• Moderators

what was your opinion when we were trying to sign him?

this is like "no one was complaining when he had jj, youri and campo"

no, but it was very different back then to how it has been over the last couple of years

we all wanted him to sign, none of us had to balance the books, or know the bigger financial picture, we just wanted better players to come in

but someone at the top should have said "not on those fucking terms"

like they did with ALF this summer

or like Sheff Wed told Mark Davies to do one  with his demands, just because he's on 18k here, doesn't mean he can expect 18k there

but it doesn't matter now

all that matters now is that we don't play him again and get him off the books sharpish, which in fairness we did to a degree last season by shipping him off to blackburn

but doesn't look like we've had any takers this season

and that's probably due to his demands or the terms of his contract scuppering his next move, it's certainly stopping him from getting in our team

right old fucking mess

They also paid the tax bill and will be losing 1 million a month until they get rid of the high earners

Exactly. These are debts they will be liable for. Surely no one thinks they have just bowled up with a quid and got everything.

Exactly. These are debts they will be liable for. Surely no one thinks they have just bowled up with a quid and got everything.

The only evidence so far suggests they've loaned the money from BluMarble and secured this against the assets, a bit like remortgaging.

That could be completely wrong but based on what's publically available it's the best bet so far?

Edited by ex_midlandwhite

Not saying that approach is necessarily a bad thing by the way. Glazers did a similar leveraged takeover at Utd but it is very possibly SS are bringing very little cash to the table. Their expertise may be invaluable though

Not saying that approach is necessarily a bad thing by the way. Glazers did a similar leveraged takeover at Utd but it is very possibly SS are bringing very little cash to the table. Their expertise may be invaluable though

There is a bit of a difference though.

Glazers could see that there was potential to extract money out of MU. Sadly BWFC does not have a comparable profile.

They are t liable for jack shit

They are directors of a Ltd company, it's the company that's liable

The money looks like it's been loaned at high interest against the assets

The company can't pay the loan back then they lose the assets

I can only see it going that way with the amount we lose every month

They are t liable for jack shit

They are directors of a Ltd company, it's the company that's liable

The money looks like it's been loaned at high interest against the assets

The company can't pay the loan back then they lose the assets

I can only see it going that way with the amount we lose every month

I'll be honest with you I'm giving up caring now. The whole thing is a joke. I hope SS can turn the mess round. If they don't, it was to late and we can only applaud the previous ownership.

• Site Supporter

Thats my hope too. They will already have lost millions and I cant see them making a profit unless we return to the prem. We are more likely to return to div 3 imo

This.

So why did SS buy?

Mentalists??

• Moderators

Lennon could of waited for a job with a team with more £££

I am certain he would of got a job with a struggling premiership team, if he had waited a month or two.

he was gagging for it

at the time Fulham and Cardiff were available and he basically said I'll have any of them, his other option was some saudi club

when interviewed he said PG didn't need to sell the club to him, but he needed to sell himself to PG

PG and ED probably sold him a dud, or probably didn't need to - just thought "of all the candidates, this one is most likely to take whatever shit we find ourselves in"

• Moderators

But that's going to be a struggle & I agree with a few on here & think we'll go backwards before we go forwards again.

you got to be in it to win it, take a hit now, and if it can be done in 3-4 years, they will probably do v well out of it

and if we don't, they probably won't be out of pocket, but the club will be worse of than it is now

seems like a no lose situation for them