Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2015 Rugby Union World Cup Thread

Underpants

Here are a couple of suggested rule changes to brighten the thing up a bit, because as much as I slag it off there is half a decent game in there somewhere, just not under present arrangements. Would any unionistas have a problem if:

- They paused the clock for every single stoppage, no matter the cause

- In the event of a failed attempt at a scrum, there was an automatic tap to whichever teams's feed it was

- Reductions to two points for a penalty, one for a drop goal

- 75% of the offences which result in a penalty during a ruck or maul to be struck off the rulebook

- The halves to be extended to at least fifty minutes each

- No mark can be called

- Owen Farrell to be twatted in the face with a sledgehammer three times every half.

It seems to me that these would relieve some of the game's frustrations - as cited not by me and other leagueists but by unionistas themselves - and also mean that union remains union and still attractive to the posh lads.

Here are a couple of suggested rule changes to brighten the thing up a bit, because as much as I slag it off there is half a decent game in there somewhere, just not under present arrangements. Would any unionistas have a problem if:

- In the event of a failed attempt at a scrum, there was an automatic tap to whichever teams's feed it was

- 75% of the offences which result in a penalty during a ruck or maul to be struck off the rulebook

- No mark can be called

- Owen Farrell to be twatted in the face with a sledgehammer three times every half.

It seems to me that these would relieve some of the game's frustrations - as cited not by me and other leagueists but by unionistas themselves - and also mean that union remains union and still attractive to the posh lads.

For the uneducated, why does it take 3 - 4 minutes when a scrum is awarded for it to actually occur?

As for the game itself, England decidedly second best, scoreline seems about right. England players simply can't keep up with their breaking player and their attacks turn over far too easily, Aussies punt ball down field then in no time are threatening England try line.

- In the event of a failed attempt at a scrum, there was an automatic tap to whichever teams's feed it was

- 75% of the offences which result in a penalty during a ruck or maul to be struck off the rulebook

- No mark can be called

Here's another suggestion. Every time England play Australia they should just not bother turning up, just like they do in League. Howd on a minute....

• Site Supporter

- In the event of a failed attempt at a scrum, there was an automatic tap to whichever teams's feed it was

- 75% of the offences which result in a penalty during a ruck or maul to be struck off the rulebook

- No mark can be called

Include helmets and giving the teams names like Pythons, Juggernauts and Killers, and you've got yourself American Football

• Site Supporter

Include helmets and giving the teams names like Pythons, Juggernauts and Killers, and you've got yourself American Football

To be fair, we've already got names like Sharks, Chiefs, Falcons, Tigers, and my favourite team name of all, just Wasps.

I hate the Aussies as much as any man, but what cheating was the cause of a 33 to 13 mauling at "Headquarters"?

Whether it would have made a difference we'll never know, but they cheated cynically a few times

Whether it would have made a difference we'll never know, but they cheated cynically a few times

I would have to disagree. Never seen a game so dissected by off the field camera refs always resulting in the correct decision . Surely any "cheating" would have been found out? Anyhow reading the fall out in various newspaper columns and forums  and the lack of cheating "assertion" would suggest your cheat assertion is sheer frustration. Understandable, but mistaken.