Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

I'm not so sure about the "relatively large fan base" bit of it

With regards to investment, I agree that once we clear everything up, then we will become a semi-decent proposition.............sadly, there are also many other clubs, that are just as good an investment opportunity as us, so as things stand we're probably quite far down on potential investors lists (until we sort the shit out) of clubs they may choose to buy

We got a couple of 22k+ crowds in the 3rd division. There's no other country except England where them sort of crowds come in the 3rd divison. Heck we got larger attendances than a lot French League 1 teams, Spanish, Italian. Also a few Prem clubs as well.

Just shows the potential is there. And if it can be sorted, there's great amount of attraction for foreign investors.

• Moderators

Supporters trust sticking there beak in again

ignore em

they can get fcuked

along with that smurf fcuker on the bn

id say suffolk white, too, but i reckon him n smurf are one and the same

fcukers, all of em

We got a couple of 22k+ crowds in the 3rd division. There's no other country except England where them sort of crowds come in the 3rd divison. Heck we got larger attendances than a lot French League 1 teams, Spanish, Italian. Also a few Prem clubs as well.

Just shows the potential is there. And if it can be sorted, there's great amount of attraction for foreign investors.

I'm not knocking it, but one of those games was for promotion, and another was cheap tickets. Attendances in other countries are irrelevant, the only reason foreign investors are interested in English teams is for the potential wealth of the PL and the "kudos" of owning a PL team

Anyway, surely they would look at what our crowds were in the PL last time we were there.......and they weren't sell outs every (or indeed any) week 

I'm not knocking it, but one of those games was for promotion, and another was cheap tickets. Attendances in other countries are irrelevant, the only reason foreign investors are interested in English teams is for the potential wealth of the PL and the "kudos" of owning a PL team

Anyway, surely they would look at what our crowds were in the PL last time we were there.......and they weren't sell outs every (or indeed any) week

whether it was cheap tickets or promotion it was still pretty decent and shows there is an interest in the club many of my Blackburn supporting mates were very impressed with our home and away turn outs last season. I'm with Lostock on this one everything is set up for investment lets hope we get the right people

I'm certain Ken won't be here in August

I think even with investment he will still be here.

I think he quite likes the kudos of running a club and if I was an investor I think his experience would be invaluable. Plus he can also use his son Lee and give him some work. I for one wouldn't have a problem with that.

Yeah I agree that there's capital in loads of other areas, which is equally important for the club.

But football is a business, and the customers (our fans) have been there in the numbers.

How many away games did we sell this year, I lost count. And some great numbers at home for a 3rd division club.

It does show that there is an interest in the club, which I do believe would help to attract new owners to come in.

On the flip side, Monaco attracts an average of 10k at home, and they are a hugely invested club. But we aren't a Monaco sadly.

• Moderators

Didn't KA pay for the first team squad and family to travel to Dubai? I'm sure if he didn't have the money to cover the debts in question he wouldn't have done that.

he'll take it back out once all the STs are renewed

Yeah I agree that there's capital in loads of other areas, which is equally important for the club.

But football is a business, and the customers (our fans) have been there in the numbers.

How many away games did we sell this year, I lost count. And some great numbers at home for a 3rd division club.

It does show that there is an interest in the club, which I do believe would help to attract new owners to come in.

On the flip side, Monaco attracts an average of 10k at home, and they are a hugely invested club. But we aren't a Monaco sadly.

Loads. Majority of which we wouldn't come close to selling well at again if we'd had another year there. Day trippers, novelty fixtures, people trying to add to their 92... and indeed a winning team contributed to that. But I'm convinced it's a "first season down" thing. Compare our away attendances at the likes of Brighton, Bristol City, Watford, Reading etc in our first season down to the following one or two.

I think we'll have some really up and down numbers next season for the aways, not been out of the division long enough.

Start winning a few and it'll be a different story like...

Statement on the website just gone up. Sounds like our Ken isn't happy with the supporters trust.

And rightly so to send a text to KA late at night and then go public before he has had a chance to explain himself is poor form, the Trust need to wind their neck in and act just as a safety net unless they can raise capital to help the club, the demand for 10% equity for 140 k to help with improving a pitch is ridiculous offer, next ST meeting I might just go up and have a word with the ST Board.

And rightly so to send a text to KA late at night and then go public before he has had a chance to explain himself is poor form, the Trust need to wind their neck in and act just as a safety net unless they can raise capital to help the club, the demand for 10% equity for 140 k to help with improving a pitch is ridiculous offer, next ST meeting I might just go up and have a word with the ST Board.

I think they have been watching Dragons Den.

Nob eds.

I love Ken i do.