Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich 2 Wanderers 0

Super Bock

he also sold the best player we had

And paid more money for Elmander than Sam paid for Anelka. And then he fell out with Nolan and paid more money for Muamba.The damage was done in Megson's time.Every manager since then has had nothing like his budget because he squandered it.

• Site Supporter

Flaw in your logic

You assume our PPG would have remained constant and not gotten worse under him. We all know where that was going.

And you ASSUME it would have dropped. Nobody KNOWS where it was going - it's all assumption whatever side of the fence you sit on. The FACTS might not sit comfortably, but they are undeniable.

Megsons job was made impossible from the start as in some fans eyes they expected Jose or pepe to be appointed.

He made some bad moves but so did Coyle,freedman and now Lennon, the bitterness towards him is embarrassing he must be laughing is cock off now at us

Aye laughing his cock off at us in his new job. Where is that can you remind me? The fans did not expect a massive name (well apart from the odd not right) that's bollocks but we certainly didn't expect Megson. The guy had been a cunt everywhere he had been and if everyone in football understands eel what has he done since?. It was always going to end in tears and thats why AT THE TIME it was a bad appointment for me. He may have kept us up, with a much better squad of players than his successors, we will never know. He was still a terrible choice and the start of our slide to oblivion. Last word from me about Megson as well.

Aye laughing his cock off at us in his new job. Where is that can you remind me? The fans did not expect a massive name (well apart from the odd not right) that's bollocks but we certainly didn't expect Megson. The guy had been a cunt everywhere he had been and if everyone in football understands eel what has he done since?. It was always going to end in tears and thats why AT THE TIME it was a bad appointment for me. He may have kept us up, with a much better squad of players than his successors, we will never know. He was still a terrible choice and the start of our slide to oblivion. Last word from me about Megson as well.

correct nobody expected him but thats not his fault! Someone comes knocking with a better deal your off.

And you ASSUME it would have dropped. Nobody KNOWS where it was going - it's all assumption whatever side of the fence you sit on. The FACTS might not sit comfortably, but they are undeniable.

It's not just blind assumption though is it. But anyway...

The FACTS are that he was sacked with us in the relegation zone because he didn't meet the quota of points set by the board

They are undeniable

It's not just blind assumption though is it. But anyway...

The FACTS are that he was sacked with us in the relegation zone because he didn't meet the quota of points set by the board

They are undeniable

I do agree it was time for him to go. It was the point of no return.

But you can't deny he met all his targets previously and did half decent job in the face of massive adversity

• Moderators

fcuking lisbon

this really gets on my tits

our first away game in europe - 4000 wanderers fans millions of miles from home

tell me the team fatty put out?

as for lisbon, they were better than us at bolton

theyd have been better than us in lisbon

we were never going to win that competition and if we had it was worth fcuk all in the scheme of things - yes, it wouldve been nice to win it but zenit were streets in front of us

if davies et al, hadn't sulked through the wigan game against 10 men for two hours, the decision wouldve been vindicated

fcuking lisbon

this really gets on my tits

our first away game in europe - 4000 wanderers fans millions of miles from home

tell me the team fatty put out?

as for lisbon, they were better than us at bolton

theyd have been better than us in lisbon

we were never going to win that competition and if we had it was worth fcuk all in the scheme of things - yes, it wouldve been nice to win it but zenit were streets in front of us

if davies et al, hadn't sulked through the wigan game against 10 men for two hours, the decision wouldve been vindicated

FFS

Really??

His JOB is to get the most out of the players

He absolutely massively miscalculated with that debacle

The Wigan performance was entirely his making

He's not the only manager to fall victim of putting out weakened teams in cup competitions. In isolation it was a mistake.

But overall he did a decent job in those first two seasons at Bolton all things considered.

He should never have been appointed in the first place may I add and the bloke did himself no favours. But he did a decent job results wise.

He's not the only manager to fall victim of putting out weakened teams in cup competitions. In isolation it was a mistake.

But overall he did a decent job in those first two seasons at Bolton all things considered.

He should never have been appointed in the first place may I add and the bloke did himself no favours. But he did a decent job results wise.

OC, who many day was the biggest disaster ever, also had a period when he did a decent job. Until Utd away or Stoke at Wembley for example

As for Megson; most of the first season yeah sure, but you aren't having "2 years" as season 2 was a disaster with that group of players....hence us only being on 18 points and in relegation when he was booted

And what's this managerial genius done since?

Fuck me, it's bad enough thinking about our current plight without folk trying to make up that that cunt was decent too

OC, who many day was the biggest disaster ever, also had a period when he did a decent job. Until Utd away or Stoke at Wembley for example

As for Megson; most of the first season yeah sure, but you aren't having "2 years" as season 2 was a disaster with that group of players....hence us only being on 18 points and in relegation when he was booted

And what's this managerial genius done since?

Fuck me, it's bad enough thinking about our current plight without folk trying to make up that that cunt was decent too

Season 1 he kept us up with bunch of mentalists Sammy Lee signed from a 4 point start.

Season 2 we finished mid table and got to last 16 of UEFA cup.

Season 3 he was sacked with us in relegation zone after a 4 match unbeaten run.

• Moderators

Yet oddly Coyle, 33%, had a better win ratio than Megson, 27%

Season 1 he kept us up with bunch of mentalists Sammy Lee signed from a 4 point start.

Season 2 we finished mid table and got to last 16 of UEFA cup.

Season 3 he was sacked with us in relegation zone after a 4 match unbeaten run.

Season 3 I meant :D

So an unbeaten run and we were still in relegation? Yeah good start

And, again, the players did not want to work with him. There's another fact

As for the Sammy Lee save; I don't think anyone actually believed we would ever go down that season at all. It was a good group and Sammy Lee just had them playing far too unnaturally from what they were used too

Too much change too soon.

It was hardly a miracle keeping them up

• Moderators

Yet oddly Coyle, 33%, had a better win ratio than Megson, 27%

all megsons games were in the prem

another fact

the wage bill grew (big time) under coyle

theres another

as an aside, win ration means fcuk all, i really dont know why sky et al get hung up on it

ppg at least has some relevance

• Moderators

all megsons games were in the prem

another fact

the wage bill grew (big time) under coyle

theres another

as an aside, win ration means fcuk all, i really dont know why sky et al get hung up on it

ppg at least has some relevance

if you take out OC's 10 championship games, of which we won 3, his win ratio very marginally improves (from 33.33 to 33.62)!!

someone else can work out PPG