Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

Thought the debt was not real, we were told that enough. Never thought we would be unable to pay our own players. Never thought we would get a winding up order. Never thought we would go ito administration. And people still think there is a plan?? Eddies plan is to get rid, he might try to do what's best for the club but but might come down to least bad deal.

If and I know it's a big if, Eddie ends up letting in Holdsworth's mob and they strip us bare, what legacy will he have left? He will be seen as the man who ruined BWFC. He might as well as spent money on the town and left a building, street or park in his name like Lord Leverhulme. What a waste.

Bang on. We've been lied to constantly by the board. But according to some its all our fault because we didn't speak up when we were doing well. Or would've complained if we'd have cut back. What a load of shite! Some on here are backed in a corner and can't u turn. Making excuse after excuse. They have fucked us simple as. They're either bent or incompetent. Not sure which. Anyone suggesting other wise is talking bollocks.

Why doesn't someone organise something for the home game 2nd Jan.

It's a 3PM Saturday, Everyone is off work from NYD etc and show that the town is together as one?

FB, Twitter etc...

Few drinks in town etc....

Surely someone can get something arranged to show we care?

• Site Supporter

Bang on. We've been lied to constantly by the board. But according to some its all our fault because we didn't speak up when we were doing well. Or would've complained if we'd have cut back. What a load of shite! Some on here are backed in a corner and can't u turn. Making excuse after excuse. They have fucked us simple as. They're either bent or incompetent. Not sure which. Anyone suggesting other wise is talking bollocks.

Might not be what people want to hear, but it's true. Nobody complained when we had Anelka, Campo, Heirro, Okocha, Cahill, Diouf, Djorkaeff, European Football, top 8 finishes in the Premier League... It's only in hindsight that anyone can point out the long-term incompetence of the people running the show. Show me a single fan who worried about the future when we were flying high... 

The same people saying "Told you they were fucking us!" now are the same people who were moaning when we weren't spending big money on players over the last few transfer windows. NOBODY is coming out of this looking clever. Nobody.

I've got to the point where I think you know what there's fuck all we can do about it, so fuck it, what will be will be

No point going on and on about how we could have avoided where we are now. That's where we are. End of.

Can't be arsed slinging blame around because it won't change one fucking thing.

I could post on here all night and all day as to who I want to take over, who I don't want to take over, but at the end of the day it means fuck all and achieves fuck all.

Fuck it. Fucking double fuck it.

I'm just gonna hope that there's a semblance of a club surviving that I've been watching and supporting since the early 70's. Meanwhile I shall drink heavily!!

the ongoing promise of ever increasing £milions if you stay in the premier?

the promise of £milions if you get back into the premier?

the risk of never getting back to the £milions if you dont get back to premier?

can you imagine the cry from the fans if we actually only spent what we could afford to in the last few years?

we would have shitter players than we have now.... if thats even possible.

I keep reading this bollocks. How about if they had just spent better and recruited better. It hasn't been run well but to suggest bwfc has been overspending to satisfy our support is a crock of shit. We are in this mess because we have been managed horrendously from top to bottom Edited by tomski

• Moderators

This is the most overly-opinionated, ill-informed, half-witted, banal, vapid, inane post I've seen for a while. Bravo.

Might not be what people want to hear, but it's true. Nobody complained when we had Anelka, Campo, Heirro, Okocha, Cahill, Diouf, Djorkaeff, European Football, top 8 finishes in the Premier League... It's only in hindsight that anyone can point out the long-term incompetence of the people running the show. Show me a single fan who worried about the future when we were flying high...

& people obviously forget that when we were in Europe & having top 8 finishes we were actually making a profit, so obviously no-one was complaining.

What a stupid comment

• Site Supporter

& people obviously forget that when we were in Europe & having top 8 finishes we were actually making a profit, so obviously no-one was complaining.

What a stupid comment

So the £180M debt only started to build up when we were relegated?

Edited by Cheese

So the £180M debt only started to build up when we were relegated?

No it started in 2008.

We backed Megson, when we wouldn't back Sam, we had a plan to bring in young talent which we could sell, sorry 'trade', for profit. Ultimately the plan failed.

We got a heavier squad, over paid them, then started over spending to try to stay in the Prem.

In fact, I won't go on, if you don't know the facts I'm not educating you. We gambled, we lost & lost & lost.

As is a favoured response on here.....

It's all in the accounts

• Site Supporter

No as BB says we were making small profits at the time. Debt has been since we moved though fuck knows when the real debt was paid off and the paper debt became the reality

What years did we make a profit?

• Moderators

No it started in 2008.

We backed Megson, when we wouldn't back Sam, we had a plan to bring in young talent which we could sell, sorry 'trade', for profit. Ultimately the plan failed.

We got a heavier squad, over paid them, then started over spending to try to stay in the Prem.

In fact, I won't go on, if you don't know the facts I'm not educating you. We gambled, we lost & lost & lost.

As is a favoured response on here.....

It's all in the accounts

the spend on wages and salaries increased by 9 million, first season post allardyce

broadcast revenue increased by 9 million