Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

out of interest, is holdsworth (and team) still holed up at the ground?

im not one of these 'why does it take so long merchants' but what are they talking about

surely holdsworth has lawyers looking at it

i mean, what is there to haggle over?

its a simple as having the cash to buy us 6/18 months, isn't it

and you either have it or you don't?

Honestly don't believe he would let the club go to the wall so he could recoup some of his money but interested to know the process.

!

If he had the choice this wouldn't be happening.

Why do folk still think he's sat there like Cyril Sneer counting his gold watching us go bust?

His company can't afford to finance Burnden leisure anymore.

Why do folk still think he's sat there like Cyril Sneer counting his gold watching us go bust?

I think a lot of flak still don't get this, they think as you say that he's sat there like Cyril Sneer on a mountain of cash

I was thinking Birch has this all mapped out and that we would avoid administration through player sales, asset sales, but I now believe we will enter administration, if that's the case what a waste of time bringing Birch in, waste of time borrowing the money off nucleus and BW. Thoroughly pissed off.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

It's been obvious for years that this "debt" isn't getting paid off. That's kind of by the by.

The real problem is our outgoings are still far, far too high. This is a fairly recent problem as the parachute payments are meant to cover this period of adjustment. We appear to have instead spunked them on players we can't realistically afford. We are still losing money above the point Eddie is allowed to cover, even. Fucking ridulous, but this is a modern day problem.

He is letting it happen. He can afford to pay the bills until we are sold.

He is choosing not to.

Now that ain't a criticism, it's his cash, he thinks he's spent enough, but let's not pretend the blokes on his uppers.

He is letting it happen. He can afford to pay the bills until we are sold.

He is choosing not to.

Now that ain't a criticism, it's his cash, he thinks he's spent enough, but let's not pretend the blokes on his uppers.

Don't think either of us know if that's the case.

I personally don't think it's just his money.

Can someone explain to a dyed in the wool PAYE type how multi-millionaire owners of businesses can legally be allowed to fuck it up to such an extent they can't pay the tax or staff wages??

We have pretty much guaranteed income streams so surely the board/owner can have no excuses for not operating within these parameters.

So while staff don't get paid and the tax payer doesn't get their share what is the actual cummopence for those responsible for the total mismanagement of a business?

I am not intimating any illegality here either; just rank incompetence!!!

Don't think it's generally considered the 'owners' fault - if you think about the likes of HMV, Woolworths, JJB all going bust it wasn't the shareholders fault

I suppose they should have given the board a vote of no confidence and replaced them

A bit simpler in this instance as ED owns the club lock stock and barrel so PG was his man

It's tgen down to the running of the club by the board and we have overspent since getting relegated when with the benefit of hibdsight we should have stopped giving any players more than £3k a week as soon as we got relegated from the Prem

That said though, it would have gone down like a shit sandwhich with the fans if they did that. We'd have been relegated to league 1 already

We've only just stayed in the championship by continuing to overspend ffs

It's not long ago we were asking the club to stretch a little further for the likes of ALF, Juke, Dawson, Rhodes etc

I guess we didn't know what was coming down the road though if we didn't get promoted

Court hearing for Winding Up Petition set for 18th January.

CV3YGcwWcAATd_5.jpg

At this point I'll give highlights of Lin Homer's work this century.

1998 Chief Executive, Suffolk County Council (based in Ipswich)

2002 Chief Executive, Birmingham City Council

criticised by the Election Commissioner over postal vote-rigging scandal in 2004 when she was Returning Officer as "an election that would disgrace a banana republic.

2005 Director-General, Immigration & Nationality Directorate, which in 2008 was renamed UK Border Agency

criticised by Chairman of Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs for "catastrophic leadership failure" and "more like a Whitehall farce than a Government Agency operating in the 21st century."

2010 Permanent Secretary (head civil servant) of Department of Transport

while there the cock-up over the West Coast Main Line franchise letting cost £100M.

2011 Chief Executive, HMRC.