Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

have we heard from birch?

i want some communication

Was thinking earlier that there seems little news from the club and media. Maybe memory is wrong but when the likes of Leeds and Pompy were struggling, there seemed to be more coverage. Apart from announcing the winding up order, SSN have not mentioned a thing. Beginning to wonder if something more than meets the eye.

Was thinking earlier that there seems little news from the club and media. Maybe memory is wrong but when the likes of Leeds and Pompy were struggling, there seemed to be more coverage. Apart from announcing the winding up order, SSN have not mentioned a thing. Beginning to wonder if something more than meets the eye.

No one's arsed about little old bolton.

Crowds go up and feel good factor soul spirit all comes back with one thing and one thing only - winning I will say though if you win for too long then you get folk saying the style needs to get better or we've not won a trophy - it's all relative only the hardcore in any club hang on when the going gets tough and their reward superfan credits and fucking massive rushes like no other when the good times start to role - most on here will be there when it happens whether that's in the championship next season league one or the conference in 4 years time we will bottom out and we will comeback

• Moderators

Crowds go up and feel good factor soul spirit all comes back with one thing and one thing only - winning I will say though if you win for too long then you get folk saying the style needs to get better or we've not won a trophy - it's all relative only the hardcore in any club hang on when the going gets tough and their reward superfan credits and fucking massive rushes like no other when the good times start to role - most on here will be there when it happens whether that's in the championship next season league one or the conference in 4 years time we will bottom out and we will comeback

:withstupid:

:lol:

Plus we had no choice in the matter anyway! It wasn't a democracy with people standing on a "let's take a punt" ticket. Even if you were financially astute enough to realise there was trouble brewing, there was cock all you could do about it save walk away.

I'm with Satan and Gonzo. Even if the collective 'we' had had an inkling what was going to happen, we wouldn't have taken to bedsheet action and demanded caution, we'd have made hay while the sun shone. And we did.

Truth will out, as they say but there is definitely more to this than meets the eye.

PG has been in hospital for over 2 weeks, out now I understand so hopefully for him and his family he will be OK.

What I cannot understand is how the cashflow, P&L and relationship between club and shareholders has deteriorated to such an extent. There are people on the board, whose companies have much more liquid asset than ED but they don't seem to be able to stump up an interim payment for HMRC.

In the words of the Joker - this town needs an enema.

https://youtu.be/a1Tpe-dbPQI?t=20s

• Site Supporter

there is no way in the world that this sudden cash flow issue has just come all at once... this must have been seen months ago.. and i mean months..

they had us believe that it was all in hand with the one in one out policy and adhering to financial fair play..

too right he should dig deep for those at Christmas. 

Something isn't right that a club with all those assets isn't selling for 15-30 million

Not sure if it is good news (if it's true)

The part about finding alternative finance quickly being remote

I think that might mean that the current set of suitors have been found out for what they are - a bunch of tyre kickers without a pot to piss in

If so then we are at the good will of ED again and how many more months he wants to put another £1m of his own in to pay the current players

No war chest in Jan, no striker, certain relegation

Edited by birch-chorley

What's this ED facing up to his responsibilities, If true. Pay the staff first let the players wait.

As the article states if he doesn't pay the players they can walk for nothing, I'm sure the staff will now also get sorted. Eddies doing the right thing but for the life of me I can't understand the route he's chosen for the club it's all self inflicted and did not need to end this way.

• Site Supporter

I think that might mean that the current set of suitors have been found out for what they are - a bunch of tyre kickers without a pot to piss in

If so then we are at the good will of ED again and how many more months he wants to put another £1m of his own in to pay the current players

The tyre kickers getting found out is good news to me. Need some "real" money, even bent Russian mobsters laundering millions will do me.

As for Jan. still convinced that there is a "team" within our squad capable of getting to fourth bottom

I'm hoping that his decision is based on the fact he can see some positivity in bids on the table and that buys the time needed for the process to be completed. Also it's clear if players walk the assets are considerably reduced.

As the article states if he doesn't pay the players they can walk for nothing, I'm sure the staff will now also get sorted. Eddies doing the right thing but for the life of me I can't understand the route he's chosen for the club it's all self inflicted and did not need to end this way.

Its highly likely he's been saying "this is the last cheque" for months and eventually stood his ground.

Its highly likely he's been saying "this is the last cheque" for months and eventually stood his ground.

Quite possible, but ultimately it's his business his responsibility and he should have been hands on way before this happened it seems to me he's took his eye off the ball or allowed PG to lose focus, either way he's got the money to be able to clear the mess he's had a big part in creating.

Good to see someone agreeing with me. Some on here seem to think ED has been the saviour of our club.

He could still be the saviour if he gets us through this period, if he got us to a stage where income marched expenditure then he could bow out with his reputation intact and not one Bolton fan could then say that he's not been anything but fantastic for BWFC.

Edited by Mounts Kipper