Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

I am taking a watching brief on the S.T.  Should steering group have connections with previous board members or P.G. I think that's not ideal, but I am more interested who actually is voted on the board by the members of the Supporters Trust, that should ensure that the fans get an honest and genuine and capable person representing them, am I right in thinking the elections would be yearly? so someone not doing their job can be voted off. Finally there will be teething problems I am sure, its not a reason to quit on the idea in my opinion.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

I think the problem is no one knows, and as the thing has only just been formed then that's excusable, given the amount of tasks in hand.

What is wrong IMO is the way it has been sold, people are clinging on like it's a lifeboat, a way out, our saviours. I don't think that's the case, it's just a more engaged BWSA.

I think the problem is no one knows, and as the thing has only just been formed then that's excusable, given the amount of tasks in hand.

What is wrong IMO is the way it has been sold, people are clinging on like it's a lifeboat, a way out, our saviours. I don't think that's the case, it's just a more engaged BWSA.

Aye transparency is the key.

I know folk,less informed than gimps like me that read stuff on here all day, that have quite readily joined the trust thinking its the saviour of all things Bolton and trusting those selling it as just that.

Great move getting SJM and SKD involved and I really hope it works for em, but it all smacks of a wolf in sheeps clothing for me.

Hope I'm wrong and it all sorts itself out. But the first thing they should've done is distance itself as much as possible from the wankers that have got us in this mess in the first place.

Needs to be a complete overhaul. It's all their fault after all.

A clean break and any association with anyone affiliated with a current board whether the free school or not puts the ST in jeopardy

That's where I'm at, and I'm sure that's what the idea of it is too, unless I'm mistaken

What bothers me is he's on the steering committee and will have a say on who's going to take control, that's not right in my eyes

Edited by Breightmet Boy

Who picked the steering group?

I suggest they remove themselves too

Disastrous move appointing someone associated with the last board. Stinks to high heaven.

I'm awaiting the ST statement regarding this.

Then I shall decide on removing myself from the ST.

Hurst's appointment is everything I didn't want to see the ST being about.

Very disappointed

A clean break and any association with anyone affiliated with a current board whether the free school or not puts the ST in jeopardy

Not necessarily

The majority of major businesses have board members and senior staff that have different views, opinions, motives and often those in business fall out.

Therefore I don't think it's fair to judge this chap solely on his association with one business that PG is involved with

Furthermore, it's even more unfair to judge the fledgling trust on the same basis

For example, it's well documented that both SKD and SJM had fallen out with the board and club's hierarchy in recent years; if they are backing the Trust, one would consider that it's likely that it isn't driven by those already a party to the current mess. Not directly anyway

I think a few folk have jumped on this and are getting ahead of themselves. I agree that the transparency surrounding the appointment has been lacking and this perhaps represents the Trust's infancy and/or even naivety, but let's  not write the whole thing off just yet.

Give them time and let's see what they do, before any pre-judgement

In a time when we really should be pulling together, releasing a name like that, without the reasoning at the time, means people will be doing their own research & naturally react negatively.

Jules mentions naivety, I can only call it stupidity.

How did the ST think people would react? Such news should be released in its entirety, not in dribs & drabs. Damage limitation. Shows no, or poor, process, thinking & decision making.

Hardly inspiring is it?

Like I've said, I'll wait for their statement, but we really shouldn't be doing.