Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

Am I naive in thinking the ST will be symbol only if it has no seat on the board? If there is no official representation at board level, what's the difference between them and other fan groups that may exist? If they manage to get an official seat which carries real genuine weight il happily chuck more than the membership fee at them.

Edited by DIPS

Fucking typical of this site, moan like fuck about everything and willing to do fuck all about it, it's a tenner FFS and if it goes tits up i've lost a tenner so what, at least some folk are trying to make things a little better

Absolutely spot get a voice on the board if owners wont give position on the board the bigger the trust is the more chance, its our chance of having a say get involved folks.

Am I naive in thinking the ST will be symbol only if it has no seat on the board? If there is no official representation at board level, what's the difference between them and other fan groups that may exist? If they manage to get an official seat which carries real genuine weight il happily chuck more than the membership fee at them.

FFS do you think owner going to take trust anything like serious if only 500 join? sign up swell the numbers and the trust might carry the weight to be taken seriously. its a tenner FFS.

The actual cost is irrelevant.

If I thought they had some decent concrete plans for the money, I'd give them £10,000.

They're not buying the club.

They've no guarantees of any board representation.

They're currently a glorified BWSA.

Send your tenner to me, BWSA or some starving kids.

• Moderators

I'm not knocking them but I don't understand why it costs £10 to join (for a year!). I don't understand why they need so much money. Last week they had 30 high value net worth individuals and wanted to buy the club.

Edited by Carlos

G

I'm not knocking them but I don't understand why it costs £10 to join (for a year!). I don't understand why they need so much money. Last week they had 30 high value net worth individuals and wanted to buy the club.

A supporters trust needs to have funds hence the £10, net worth individuals would be utilized if there was plans for a fans buy out. Regarding Trafs point isn't the joining of a trust to have some influence in making plans to approach the club and develop plans concrete ideas and possibly if all else fails buying the club. If folk want to be negative for negative sake best not join up.

You need to chill out, MK.

Voicing a concerned opinion isnt being negative.

Why do they need funds?

Not looked into the constitution of a football trust but it's similar to a charity you need an amount of money in your account to be able to become a trust. By the way the negative comment wasn't specifically aimed at you it was a general comment, but can see how you might have thunk that. See above post for negative for negative sake folk. ???? Edited by Mounts Kipper

To paraphrase the website.

Donations are used towards but not limited to: website hosting, advertising, emails, administration costs, fundraising events, the election process and (potential) share purchases.

I can see where some of you are coming from but I think that the speed in which they are trying to rush things through (based on the clubs possible precarious position) has lead to the disorganisation/confusion/mess in setting the trust up.

I'd hope that given time it will get sorted out and will result is a proper trust being established that will work going forwards.

Based on this they can have my tenner for the 1st year, if it isn't sorted when it comes round to renewing they can fcuk off if they think I'm continuing my subscription.

• Members

That's pretty much where i am at  :good:

I'd hope that given time it will get sorted out and will result is a proper trust being established that will work going forwards.

Based on this they can have my tenner for the 1st year, if it isn't sorted when it comes round to renewing they can fcuk off if they think I'm continuing my subscription.

When we're in League 1 next year & SS can't realise the costs of running BWFC & Admin looms with another Winding Up Petition , you just might need the Trust.

Something BWSA can't help with the BWFCST can.

Don't whinge & moan if you think the wrong people are in control of the Trust, if you don't sign up & vote.

Personally I think we might need the Trust at some point as I can see things getting worse before they get better, they can have my tenner, if they're not needed further down the line, fine, it's cost a tenner. If they are needed further down the line, they'll need the support now, not later.

When we're in League 1 next year & SS can't realise the costs of running BWFC & Admin looms with another Winding Up Petition , you just might need the Trust.

Something BWSA can't help with the BWFCST can.

Don't whinge & moan if you think the wrong people are in control of the Trust, if you don't sign up & vote.

Personally I think we might need the Trust at some point as I can see things getting worse before they get better, they can have my tenner, if they're not needed further down the line, fine, it's cost a tenner. If they are needed further down the line, they'll need the support now, not later.

THIS