Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

Right then folks.......I have been asked to post the following for you all to have a look at.

Few things to help reassure people about the trust…

LoV are not in charge or running things. A few of their members have been involved with helping with websites and online etc… but there are only a handful of people who are doing the day to day stuff. Everyone who got involved did so by being brought together by Supporters Direct from people who had contacted them about setting up a trust.

We’ve not wanted to keep who is involved secretive, rather we didn’t want to go shouting about who is involved because we’d be accused of wanting to boost our egos or doing it for the wrong reasons etc… Can see how some would see it as being secretive, but honestly that has not been the intention.

Who will be in charge going forward will be up to who puts their hand up to offer to help. If the trust is agreed to be set up on Wednesday then we will need people to volunteer to help set it up and constitute it. Supporters Direct will help but we will need people to come forward.

Want to reassure people that this isn’t a distraction for the club or the supporters. We are working with the club and they are being kept informed of all developments

What is the aim of the trust? That will be up to the membership to decide. It will be whatever people want it to be… but we need people to get involved to help shape it.

off who

who you getting a reach a round off

Didn't Portsmouth go bump umpteen times before any 'trust' or whatever got dibs ?

Which club , if any , of recent times got top flight football after being 'fan owned' ?

Edited by e2e4

Didn't Portsmouth go bump umpteen times before any 'trust' or whatever got dibs ?

Which club , if any , of recent times got top flight football after being 'fan owned' ?

I think getting to the top flight is the least of our concerns.

I wouldn't mind coming out of it with just a football team to support.

Preferably not run by imbeciles.

Wiki I know, but their list of supporter owned clubs:

can someone explain the dislike/hatred of this chris manning?

this is a genuine question.

I asked this elsewhere and the answer seems to be he's a bit of bell end.

And he's not involved anyway.

Is he the guy that runs LOV?

I have it on reasonable authority he isn't involved.

I have it on reasonable authority he is.

His involvement was kept in secrecy as he has a track record of winding folk up the wrong way & there was the worry that the whole thing would stall before it begun if he was known to be involved.

Apparently he has been useful with media contacts & helping with web based stuff & social media.

Though, like anybody else if this gets off the ground, he'd need to be voted in to stay involved