Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-Season

Elson

How long are we supposed to put up with it?

Personally I believe generally as a whole the fans have been quite patient & tolerant.

Saturday was fookin' awful, especially the first half, that's 2nd division Mansfield with conference players in it. By all accounts no better tonight against conference players.

Its the usual suspects being their usual shitness, I despair if we can't get them shifted off in the next couple of weeks

I can't see how anyone can defend them anymore

PP says it is a clean slate and we are in it together! You are slapping him in the face if you turn on the players in the third pre-season match.

I am not saying you are wrong in the analysis of some individuals but the manager needs some time. Are you going to back him? If not you are making his job more difficult than it already is!!

PP says it is a clean slate and we are in it together! You are slapping him in the face if you turn on the players in the third pre-season match.

I am not saying you are wrong in the analysis of some individuals but the manager needs some time. Are you going to back him? If not you are making his job more difficult than it already is!!

Yes I'm going to back him

That's why after the game on Saturday, when he made the players come over to the fans, & it wouldn't take a million guesses to figure out which ones clearly didn't want too, I chose to leave rather than voicing my opinion.

He needs to start making the tough decisions quickly though

Yes I'm going to back him

That's why after the game on Saturday, when he made the players come over to the fans, & it wouldn't take a million guesses to figure out which ones clearly didn't want too, I chose to leave rather than voicing my opinion.

He needs to start making the tough decisions quickly though

Fair enough, but we are still at the stage of multiple subs and having a look at trialists. He is not merlin the wizard!

I agree with this however we can't get rid no one wants them, just been reading Sam Allardyce book he deals with this type of player by putting them in the mushroom club in the dark and leaves them there.

Remember he did that with Michael Johansen. Not quite sure why, but it took ages for Johansen to get selected again.

Alex honeybell (think that's right) came on at left back. Absolutely superb. Defended when he needed to defend. Then linked up well with Taylor and looked to give us some width. Not just sit at left back and 9 iron it to no one.

• Site Supporter

It's a fucking friendly and the Mgr has been in place about 24 minutes.

And they fucking won

How about going into the season together and positive

If they play and behave like last season then fair enough

But it's 19th July FFS

:good:

• Site Supporter

Because that was a major championship and this is pre-season maybe?

The pinnacle of their careers versus a couple of run outs in front of 2k fans?

Nobody is excusing what the players did or didn't do last season, but nobody wins from hounding them now*

* except for Gary Madine. Feel free with him**

** watch the big soft cunt score 20 goals this season now :D

i agree with cunty bollocks here

I have to say the defending against Mansfield was worse than anything I saw last season, I think I could trouble Mark Beevers, what a no mark pile of sh*te. Hoping for better at York Saturday. The thing is when PP came we were promised organisation, but what we seem to have is the exact opposite, defensively we aren't looking good. It seems to me that over the Summer we have binned off some good young players and replaced them with more dead wood, if our recruitment policy continues at this rate we may soon have a dead wood xl.

I have to say the defending against Mansfield was worse than anything I saw last season, I think I could trouble Mark Beevers, what a no mark pile of sh*te. Hoping for better at York Saturday. The thing is when PP came we were promised organisation, but what we seem to have is the exact opposite, defensively we aren't looking good. It seems to me that over the Summer we have binned off some good young players and replaced them with more dead wood, if our recruitment policy continues at this rate we may soon have a dead wood xl.

Ffs Dan. It's a couple of friendlies. I would rather they make the fuck ups now. Let's at least give him a league game eh

We haven't binned off any good young players

Edited by tomski