Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Back then the fuckers used to knock nails through power lines in the street and run unearthed power into their hovels. Half of them had no floorboards because they'd burned them to ward off the cold. Rough as fuck and dressed in rags 

Sounds like a post Brexit Britain   :D

• Moderators

Bolton Poundstretcher currently "starring" on Channel 4. Been a shit hole as long as I can remember in there.

Bolton was featured on panorama as well to do with dodgy online doctors and the selling of pharmaceuticals

One of the companies that does it is based there or something

Bolton Poundstretcher currently "starring" on Channel 4. Been a shit hole as long as I can remember in there.

My thoughts too.

Went in when I moved back to bolton/H town a few years ago.

It was fucking awful. It looks even worse ont TV now.

• Moderators

Its deffo a Piss take, it has to be

Aye, if you need sales up by 10-30% they probably need to do more than get those two walking round with a chalkboard telling folk weetabix are a quid cheaper than tescos

Aye, if you need sales up by 10-30% they probably need to do more than get those two walking round with a chalkboard telling folk weetabix are a quid cheaper than tescos

TELEMMGLPICT000170442505_trans_NvBQzQNjv

I like how  they couldn't even squeeze "Poundstretcher" on the board properly

• Members

Mentioned 'Our Friends In The North' a page or so ago. Most of you will have seen it but I hadn't. In the 90's if the ABC down here decided not to show it you were fucked. All sorts of options now.

Anyhow, much as I enjoyed it immensely and the soundtrack is fucking ace (especially a couple of UB40 tracks below) and was slightly taken aback by the youth of Daniel Craig and Christopher Ecclestone plus a variety of 'Lock, Stock' characters, we can't fucking well get the final episode (no. 9).

Frustrating as all fuck! I'll console myself with giving these another listen:-

Edited by bolty58

I stumbled across it after watching a bunch of urban exploration videos  :D

The last one I watched

I just watched the Walk In The Rain one, used to live right next to Bridgewater Canal and did the same walk to break up many a Sunday. It's great that you can walk up the canal all the way from Salford Quays right through the city up to the village and not really encounter any of the hustle and bustle going on in the streets above.

Just a pity there's a serial killer about.

• Moderators

Saving Poundstretcher was a good watch again.

Can't help but feel like this family in charge of it have thought right we can flog all this cheap crap to thick folk from shit towns they'll buy anything. And it has come unstuck.

only caught 5 minutes but I did think the member of staff who got into a fight with a shoplifter in poundstretcher will probably have hit the lowest point of his career right there

Saving Poundstretcher was a good watch again.

Can't help but feel like this family in charge of it have thought right we can flog all this cheap crap to thick folk from shit towns they'll buy anything. And it has come unstuck.

I liked it on the last episode where they had a big bag of summert on the table and none of the buggers knew what the fuck it was.

• Site Supporter

only caught 5 minutes but I did think the member of staff who got into a fight with a shoplifter in poundstretcher will probably have hit the lowest point of his career right there

he'll be fine with the reasonable,proportionate and necessary excuse, and quite right from that clip,

unlike the Ben Stokes case