Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Edit Spoiler alert for Traf...

My view on Bodyguard after catching up from start to finish this week. 

Bang average but could have been so much better. 

Despite the jihadi and the senior police woman spilling everything on their first question the plot didn't get tied up and its hardly like they've left it in a cliffhanger for series two. 

Also David Budds acting was wooden as fuck.

Edited by stevieb

On 24 September 2018 at 19:55, gonzo said:

Smiley, the secret service were involved because of the plot JM had going with long cross and that iPad jobby she got given.

still not sure what the score was with the ex husband and the guy that was her aid that said he’d doctored her speech. 

MORE SPOILER ALERTS

The aid that doctored the speech - didn't we conclude that he'd written some untruths for her to read out and then make a fool of herself - which would end her chances of becoming PM and may also put an end to the RIPPA legislation? Presume he was working for the spectacled guy who eventually took over as Home Secretary.

The ex-husband - not really sure what his role was either - other than he didn't seem keen on JM getting the PM job. (But as he's a Bolton lad - glad he got a decent part!)

Realise the Secret Service were involved in a plot to undermine the current PM, so that JM would get the job as PM and would then give them extra powers. But that seemed to be a side story to what eventually happened.... I think.

Was JM's ex PA always involved with the underworld - ie planted in the job as PA - or did the gangsters nobble her during her role there?

Edited by Smiley

41 minutes ago, Smiley said:

MORE SPOILER ALERTS

The aid that doctored the speech - didn't we conclude that he'd written some untruths for her to read out and then make a fool of herself - which would end her chances of becoming PM and may also put an end to the RIPPA legislation? Presume he was working for the spectacled guy who eventually took over as Home Secretary.

The ex-husband - not really sure what his role was either - other than he didn't seem keen on JM getting the PM job. (But as he's a Bolton lad - glad he got a decent part!)

Realise the Secret Service were involved in a plot to undermine the current PM, so that JM would get the job as PM and would then give them extra powers. But that seemed to be a side story to what eventually happened.... I think.

Was JM's ex PA always involved with the underworld - ie planted in the job as PA - or did the gangsters nobble her during her role there?

Fuck knows but I found it bit weak that he set himself up so easily going on that date with her.  

And how did the bomb woman know to nod when she was shown a picture of long cross?

11 hours ago, stevieb said:

Edit Spoiler alert for Traf...

My view on Bodyguard after catching up from start to finish this week. 

Bang average but could have been so much better. 

Despite the jihadi and the senior police woman spilling everything on their first question the plot didn't get tied up and its hardly like they've left it in a cliffhanger for series two. 

Also David Budds acting was wooden as fuck.

I see where you are coming from about the Jihadi and the copper spilling the beans at the first interview (it crossed my mind at the time); but a sequence of "no comments" would have made for shit TV. 

2 hours ago, Underpants said:

I see where you are coming from about the Jihadi and the copper spilling the beans at the first interview (it crossed my mind at the time); but a sequence of "no comments" would have made for shit TV. 

I get the questioning thing it just seemed a noddy way to wrap up the show and it didn't even wrap it up very well. 

The jihadi going for Longcross was because his picture was pulled out after the others had been packed away. 

On 27 September 2018 at 15:29, Big E said:

Killing Eve > Bodyguard 

Killing Eve is easy watching. Not trying to be too clever. Quite funny in places. Dark humour. Got 2-3 episodes to watch. Cannot believe how good Jodie Comer is at accents, foreign languages, etc. Especially when I found out she's actually a Scouser!