Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Finding it a bit hard going actually, The Virtues. Not the subject matter although I think it's going to get very dark soon, it's just a bit too slow for me. Labouring a conversation to last half an hour of a program isn't genius it's tedium. 

Far too quiet as well. Can't not watch Stephen Graham though.

Just got round to the finale of the Big Bang Theory. Not been a huge fun of the final series but it was a good episode to finish with. I know it’s had it’s critics, but I first started watching it in my early 20s and actually used to watch it with my mum before she passed away, while my lad has watched it since he was 8 (now 11) and has always found himself relating to Sheldon which came in handy when we were told that he is autistic, so it is a show that has had a lot of personal meaning for me personally. 

Dead To Me series 1 was ok but not sure I'll watch series 2, The Rain series 2 was ok but not sure I'll do 3, couldn't sleep last night and started What/If which has that Bridget Jones lass in doing some truly piss poor acting. Wife's been trying to get me to watch The Good Pllace but I've not given it a go yet.

• Members
5 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Dead To Me series 1 was ok but not sure I'll watch series 2, The Rain series 2 was ok but not sure I'll do 3, couldn't sleep last night and started What/If which has that Bridget Jones lass in doing some truly piss poor acting. Wife's been trying to get me to watch The Good Pllace but I've not given it a go yet.

Finished Dead To Me and agree. Just OK and went slowly downhill towards the end.

• Site Supporter
On 23/05/2019 at 22:08, Matt said:

This Chernobyl is really good.

Just catching up on it. Fantastic.

Only criticism is the mix of Russian accents with straight up English.

Edited by Cheese

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I thought that at first too. I'm told there's a podcast running alongside each episode with the makers of the show, the accents thing was brought up and they basically said when they tried to do Russian accents during screen tests it sounded like they were taking the piss so just left it.

Did take a while to get used to, those miners cracked me up at first, but doesn't bother me now.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I thought that at first too. I'm told there's a podcast running alongside each episode with the makers of the show, the accents thing was brought up and they basically said when they tried to do Russian accents during screen tests it sounded like they were taking the piss so just left it.

Did take a while to get used to, those miners cracked me up at first, but doesn't bother me now.

Trevor from Eastenders has put some timber on since the days he used to beat up Little Mo.

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Just found the podcast on Spotify.

That's my commute to and from work taken care of for a couple of days.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It didn't put me off for long. A minor flaw, which is more than made up for by every other aspect of it.

Can you taste metal? 

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Only just got to the miners bit. He's fucking Scottish! 

9 hours ago, DazBob said:

Just found the podcast on Spotify.

That's my commute to and from work taken care of for a couple of days.

I've not listened to any but think I should binge them.

I'm not sure if they mention the soundtrack which is absolutely haunting, I've read that the sounds for the score were recorded in an actual nuclear reactor...

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Cheese said:

That main guy in the first episode with the husky voice, had no idea what he was supposed to sound like

Then just as I've got used to it, finchy from the office turns up with his broad Leeds accent

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

That main guy in the first episode with the husky voice, had no idea what he was supposed to sound like

Then just as I've got used to it, finchy from the office turns up with his broad Leeds accent

Bit bizarre innit. Still great TV though. 

Edited by Cheese

On 22 May 2019 at 22:09, Marc505 said:

Finding it a bit hard going actually, The Virtues. Not the subject matter although I think it's going to get very dark soon, it's just a bit too slow for me. Labouring a conversation to last half an hour of a program isn't genius it's tedium. 

Far too quiet as well. Can't not watch Stephen Graham though.

The scene in Wednesday's episode when he's trying it on with the sister-in-law - epic! His sister plays a brilliant part. Very funny.

Edited by Smiley

• Moderators
On 31/05/2019 at 10:22, jmjhb said:

Good Omens out today, supposed to be a decent adaptation

two episodes in, decent watch, recommended

Michael Sheen and Simon Pegg also appear to morphing into the same person

D8IFN6-WsAIGF8C.png

Edited by ZicoKelly