Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Think it’ll be a case of give us another 12 months and we go up then re sign again. If we don’t he’ll still have 12 months left and we’ll flog him to the champ 

Great minds

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Rico must be on decent money though? Maybe not silly money but would a Championship club risk both a big fee and big wages on a player unproven at that level? I’m not sure they would so I reckon a decent increase would be enough.

Might be totally wrong here but I remember reading that Doyle/Sarce last season were our top earners on about 3k a week. 

Santos extended his contract at the back end of last season, so maybe got put on a similar amount.

Might take a couple of million to sign him from us right now and then 5k-10k p/w on wages in the Championship I reckon.

Any thoughts on which clubs might come in for him Mantra? Moneys not everything and unless it’s a bigger club than us, would he chuck in the opportunities he’ll have here for a move? He’s clearly happy here and has a good relationship with the manager so the grass isn’t always greener elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Any thoughts on which clubs might come in for him Mantra? Moneys not everything and unless it’s a bigger club than us, would he chuck in the opportunities he’ll have here for a move? He’s clearly happy here and has a good relationship with the manager so the grass isn’t always greener elsewhere.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Wigan came in for Santos & or Dapo. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Wigan came in for Santos & or Dapo. 

Bit of an unknown quantity in terms of how much their owners will splash the cash. It's going to have to be some serious money to prise those two away. In terms of Championship clubs who'd pay what BWFC want, you're probably looking at clubs with parachute payments.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Rico must be on decent money though? Maybe not silly money but would a Championship club risk both a big fee and big wages on a player unproven at that level? I’m not sure they would so I reckon a decent increase would be enough.

That's part and parcel of developing a team.

Evatt has done it, bringing in people from lower leagues and turning them into good players for our level.

51 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

He’s on nothing like decent money. (Well) less than a grand a week. Hence his hesitancy of wanting to look at anything until the end of the season 

don’t forget he couldn’t get a game at Barnet and was looking at drivers jobs for Amazon when we picked him up 

26 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Bit of an unknown quantity in terms of how much their owners will splash the cash. It's going to have to be some serious money to prise those two away. In terms of Championship clubs who'd pay what BWFC want, you're probably looking at clubs with parachute payments.

Their budget was the biggest in the league last year. Granted it doesn’t compare to some now in the champ but they have money. 

5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Their budget was the biggest in the league last year. Granted it doesn’t compare to some now in the champ but they have money. 

I thought Ipswich and sheff weds were the biggest  budgets? Ipswich were spending 10m on wages last season (20/21) and invested in the squad the season just gone. Wigan won’t be close to that surely? 

not that it’s massively important just wondering more than owt 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I thought Ipswich and sheff weds were the biggest  budgets? Ipswich were spending 10m on wages last season (20/21) and invested in the squad the season just gone. Wigan won’t be close to that surely? 

not that it’s massively important just wondering more than owt 

They put Wyke on 11k a week and wasn’t one of the top 5 earners come the end of the season. They went big on salaries especially in Jan 

they weren’t under an embargo as all the creditors got paid 

12 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

This Iredale sounds to me a lot like a left sided Geth, which I'm a big fan of, can't have too many of these versatile players that give you a 7/10 minimum wherever you're playing them. 

Both ex-Carlisle too, will have played together before presumably.

• Members
1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Think it’ll be a case of give us another 12 months and we go up then re sign again. If we don’t he’ll still have 12 months left and we’ll flog him to the champ 

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Compromise deal - give us 12 months, if we go up, let's talk a long term deal. If not, thanks and off you pop for the right money

Good business 

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

They put Wyke on 11k a week and wasn’t one of the top 5 earners come the end of the season. They went big on salaries especially in Jan 

they weren’t under an embargo as all the creditors got paid 

Aye I knew about the embargo situation just never in my wildest dreams thought they had gone all in to that extent. And folk have the cheek to go on about “Bolton never learn their lesson splashing the cash/living beyond their means” and these cunts had the ink still wet on their paperwork to come out of admin and spending silly money. 

let’s hope they go even crazier next season, still get 6k home fans and when the owner gets bored and realizes they’re a tinpot set of cunts they finally disappear down the plug hole next time. 

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

A one year deal sounds very 2020 

Surely at least two

I wouldn’t worry about anything that EFL Hub posts, it’s mostly just bollocks.

It’ll be a 3 year deal I’d have thought.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

No idea, heard a rumour that both Sheffield clubs were interested in. I bet he’s top of the list in a lot of metrics for centre halves: passing accuracy, 1v1 duels etc.

As you say grass isn’t always greener, he’s got a great situation here, manager and fans appreciate him. But can’t begrudge a  26 year old player for considering options for more money if they want a better life for their family… unless they go to Wigan, then they can sod off 😁

• Members
3 minutes ago, bromers said:

I wouldn’t worry about anything that EFL Hub posts, it’s mostly just bollocks.

It’ll be a 3 year deal I’d have thought.

Cambridge offered him 3, he’s not turning down 3 for 1 year for us.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Aye I knew about the embargo situation just never in my wildest dreams thought they had gone all in to that extent. And folk have the cheek to go on about “Bolton never learn their lesson splashing the cash/living beyond their means” and these cunts had the ink still wet on their paperwork to come out of admin and spending silly money. 

let’s hope they go even crazier next season, still get 6k home fans and when the owner gets bored and realizes they’re a tinpot set of cunts they finally disappear down the plug hole next time. 

Sure wyke was the first signing after the trouble too so they went big straight away. McLean, Power, Keane then Magennis & someone else got very decent money 

Just now, Rudy said:

Cambridge offered him 3, he’s not turning down 3 for 1 year for us.

Would be surprised if it’s anything less than 2 years. Probably has a “one year” option to extend in it or something and there’s been Chinese whispers.

One year deal isn’t favourable to either party

5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Sure wyke was the first signing after the trouble too so they went big straight away. McLean, Power, Keane then Magennis & someone else got very decent money 

Think Wigan have a bit of a war chest under these new owners. Rumour had it that Wyke was on 10k a week which is mental in League 1.

have to spend that money wisely though. They’ve done well getting out of League 1, very interested to see how they cope in the Championship. Blackpool have shown you can get promoted and finish well clear of relegation, but Peterborough have shown how difficult it can be…

sorry just saw your previous comment about 11k a week for him, just been skimming last few posts

Edited by Mantra