Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

7 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Not disagreeing at all, but it shows the gulf ahead of us. He was a spare at Millwall when we signed him.

Yes there's a big gulf - but I take comfort from looking at Blackpool who find a place for Madine and Keshi Anderson in the Championship and still don't struggle.  Madine would be our 3rd choice "big lad" for me and Anderson would be behind Dapo and Charles unless he's improved massively.

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

How would Sammy Ameobi fit into an Evatt squad? looks like Boro are releasing him.

I know he had his critics but I loved Ameobi.  Pure class on the ball and a great bloke too.  I would say he wouldn't get near an IE squad as he doesn't fit the profile, but on the other hand there are similarities with Dapo.  Has the "lazy" look at times, drifts in and out of games, draws fouls, then produces something sublime that the others can't do.  If Dapo was having a frustrating afternoon I could imagine bringing Ameobi on to see what he can produce for half an hour.  I haven't seen many better long distance shots than that one at Millwall and the one v Gillingham on Sky.

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

After that retained/released list 

we need a LB, CB, DM, possible another wideman 

Even if Gordon and Baps had stayed we would've needed a CB and LB in my opinion. Doubly so now, just for the squad depth.

Think we would be fine without replacing Tutte and Delf/Amaechi, as we didn't really miss any of them post-January. If Fossey comes back then that's another wide player, but if Thomason is loaned out we could potentially do with another CM/DM.

22 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

How would Sammy Ameobi fit into an Evatt squad? looks like Boro are releasing him.

Not good enough 

• Moderators
On 26/04/2022 at 11:19, Dr. Feelgood said:

We're well stocked with good forwards. Maybe only 2 of them higher quality than this division requires, Dapo and Celine ... possibly add The Bod to that. This covers wings and strikers.

In midfield we are truly blessed & some excellent work done this season. Maybe the elusive football capable destroyer missing.

Wing backs, 3 good ones, could maybe do with a 4th. Fossey would be a dream of course.

Centre Backs, interesting that we all dreaded Santos not being available but in his absence the others have done well ... food for thought. Would still be nice to add a second Santos if such things exist.

Then, the keeper. Does Trafford re-sign ? If not we need a good one. They are out there.

Any additions would just add to our ability.

Keeper

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/zach-hemming/profil/spieler/457528

25 minutes ago, Horwich said:

If looking about I'd take Jamal Blackman.

28yr old, former Chelsea guy who was invariably on loan  but to some good clubs (Sheff U, Leeds). Currently 2nd fiddle at Huddersfield.

We were linked before the Crellin debacle,  linked to the point his Wiki showed him as ours for a month. 

Can't say I recollect him from our games but he's certainly at a good age at 26 like most of our XI, versatile, 6'3 to provide some aerial ability, coming off a solid season. Be happy with that
image.png.e1736b4cb4aba0c496fe8a9b06cb1ff0.png

Oddly think we need back up/players to challenge players rather than anyone for 1st 11 if everyone stays who we want including Trafford/Fossey

LB Iredale

CB 

CM

W

Happy to just let em get on with it as transfer record has been pretty good.

1 hour ago, Deanu said:

Can't say I recollect him from our games but he's certainly at a good age at 26 like most of our XI, versatile, 6'3 to provide some aerial ability, coming off a solid season. Be happy with that
image.png.e1736b4cb4aba0c496fe8a9b06cb1ff0.png

very solid and positive signing. One of their better players the last couple of years 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Everyone has their own take on a player but if I was choosing between Ameobi and Kachunga I know who I would have and it wouldn't be the German.  He's 1 month younger too!

Sure.

If I could choose “neither”, I’d choose neither.