Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2-3 Leeds

globaldiver

Hope  Darby isn't even our second choice wingback  is Little injured ?

offered JS going forward . Feel sorry for Taylor without a left footed midfielder to support him .

Kararcan played central last week & looked better there .The short straw position at the moment is left midfield  & the incumbent is

always rirghtsided maybe Ameobi will be the answer although he was played exclusively on the right last season.

Karacan played centre midfield yesterday. Karacan, Cullen and Vela were our midfield. 

No, Darby played them on.

Albeit the decision was correct he did very well to see through woods to see that Darby was in line with them.

Suspect he got there through luck than knowing that Darby was in line with him.

Unlucky on our part as more often than not those are given as offside as the linesman can't see the player who is playing them onside

Albeit the decision was correct he did very well to see through woods to see that Darby was in line with them.

Suspect he got there through luck than knowing that Darby was in line with him.

Unlucky on our part as more often than not those are given as offside as the linesman can't see the player who is playing them onside

it wasn't bad luck as he was onside

it wasn't bad luck as he was onside

I wasn't saying the onside itself was bad luck.

The decision was correct.

However I reckon more often than not in those circumstances they are given offside. It just turned out we were the unlucky ones when the linesman didn't raise his flag.

The gap between midfield and front two is the issue for me.

Once Buckley came on he played a bit more forward which helped.

We missed Moralis as the outlet/support down the right.

Cullen was ok but a lot of little touches to nowhere and sideways play. Happy to see how he develops and may be my expectations were high.

Was like Burnden yesterday people were just happy to have a Darby to slag off.

Said same during the game, midfield looked scared to cross the halfway.line in open play first half

Or if it's being broadcast abroad

Incidentally that iFollow thing on BWFC listed all the friendlies and the Carabao cup games as being available to watch, none of which have come to pass. I'm not suggesting people would have bought the subscription just for these but they should be a bit clearer about what is available or otherwise.

I think 5 efl teams refused to sign up to it as well. Boro maybe 1

yep

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/subscribe/

edit 11 clubs actually! Only 13 out of 24 Championship clubs on Ifollow.

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Fulham, Hull City, Forest Green Rovers, Leeds United, Middlesbrough, QPR, Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers

Edited by jayjayoghani

Only me then who following this game thinks that we are in for a long hard season?

That first half shows how bad we can be, a first that we have conceded three under PP? Think that record will go a few times this season.

The second half we showed more promise but when we were pressed, the ball goes all the way back to the keeper to play it long and like the season before last we struggle to create in open play.

I thought they had more in the tank and in reserve and could step it up when required.

Two injuries as well. Not much to be cheerful about.