Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Thought this was us taking back control? 

Yeah except where we give control away needlessly

when I say needlessly, I mean Brexitly

you know though, there’s winners and losers; it doesn’t matter, we’re all Churchillians with blue passports so we won really 

Edited by jules_darby

Just now, jules_darby said:

Yeah except where we give control away needlessly

when I say needlessly, I mean Brexitly

you know though, there’s winners and losers; it doesn’t matter, we’re all Churchillians with blue passports so we won really 

And if you don’t agree you’re a yoghurt knitting lefty who bums the EU

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Once you dig into the detail of the withdrawal deal we have been well and truly shafted. This has to go to a people's vote now with two choices TM's deal or remain in the EU

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Its all as Mounts predicted...

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Once you dig into the detail of the withdrawal deal we have been well and truly shafted. This has to go to a people's vote now with two choices TM's deal or remain in the EU

Sadly, it won't. It was too late for anything like that 6 months ago.

Just now, tomski said:

Are there any positives aspects of this deal for us? 

Will this at least please brexiteers?

This pleases nobody from what i can read and to think we had our best negotiators on this too, makes me shudder at the thought of what will happen with our trade deal negotiations if this gets through Parliament. 

1 minute ago, tomski said:

Are there any positives aspects of this deal for us?

Some... I'll let Mounts or Bolty confirm for you though.

Although, don't fall for "freedom of movement" as that's a bit of a red herring, as EU passport holders get visa free travel, so they can still enter unchecked

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nope your wrong again, it’s either tweak it or WTO.  Remain is not an option. 

So do you want the current deal tweaking? Or are you happy with it?

If/when we go with this deal, will you be happy?

Our government are a bunch of bottle jobs from Cameron on. Those that campaigned for this have all walked away to save their own skin.

whether you voted leave or stay you have been screwed on this as the people that told you to vote for leavehave all stepped back and weakened our negotiating hand at the top table.

i just hope some damage limitation can come out of this 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, tomski said:

Our government are a bunch of bottle jobs from Cameron on. Those that campaigned for this have all walked away to save their own skin.

whether you voted leave or stay you have been screwed on this as the people that told you to vote for leavehave all stepped back and weakened our negotiating hand at the top table.

i just hope some damage limitation can come out of this 

Not quite true. TM cleverly kept them at bay; an interview last week with one of the more ardent brexiteers showed that they have been trying to get their input into the deal, without going public but dealing with the team. However their input was ignored. Hence their kicking off now.

Obviously Boris and jrm been more vocal in their approach, but there has been attempts to get a harder brexit.

That said, whether it proves better the way we have it, only time will tell. 

Not sure a harder approach would have got agreement either.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not quite true. TM cleverly kept them at bay; an interview last week with one of the more ardent brexiteers showed that they have been trying to get their input into the deal, without going public but dealing with the team. However their input was ignored. Hence their kicking off now.

Obviously Boris and jrm been more vocal in their approach, but there has been attempts to get a harder brexit.

That said, whether it proves better the way we have it, only time will tell. 

Not sure a harder approach would have got agreement either.

Boris and Mogg are complete chumps for me. Pair of shithouses. Each to their own though

The minute we voted out we should og leaning towards pleasing brexiters. This trying to go down the middle is bollocks. Out won the day. Start from a position of leaving with nothing and work inwards. If it's bad and the country suffer have amother vote to reapply. But once the vote was given to the people we have to make bed an lie on it. Not stick a remainer in charge, caving in and not pleasing anyone in parliament.

9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Bend over boys and girls, you’re about to get shafted. 

Cameron, you weapon grade shithouse. 

We voted "out" as a nation. We're now getting what we voted for (and what Mounts predicted)

So, freedom of movement still exists (visa free travel) and were still under ECJ for the foreseeable future. We're also stumping up £39B. Result!