Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Your response is very telling.

The Tory party has been (in the main) since before even Thatcher a pro-EU party. Understandably so given their shared economic and neoliberal policy platforms. There has always been a hardcore of anti-EU feeling in the party. But generally they've been pro-EU apart from the odd flirtation.

Heseltine is a dyed in the wool Tory. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous and actually part of what I'm talking about. Right wing populism - anyone who doesn't agree on this single issue isn't one of us. Or is an enemy. That's the danger - right there. 

Exactly. It's textbook Fascism. Farage/Rees-Mogg and their ilk can now say and do whatever they want, knowing that hordes of fanatics will defend their every word and action, regardless.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Hahahahahahaha

I think those two mustn’t have seen the clip doing the rounds when some Labour members spoke at a meeting very recently re ‘kicking the shit of out of the Torres”......both Lammy and Abbott were present at said meeting.

As for right wing violence, how convenient they also forget the left wing trouble makers, intent on punching Nazis at every given opportunity.

Same with Corbyn’s second in command who wants to intimidate and not give Tories a minute’s peace,and that includes harassment etc.

Now then, who are the real Nazis here ?

I think we all know the answer, the left don’t like it when funded groups like Antifa,Hope not Hate etc have been exposed for being thugs.

They were left unchallenged for many years and had free rein, they do not like it when there is serious opposition to them, it’s as simple as that.

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

I think those two mustn’t have seen the clip doing the rounds when some Labour members spoke at a meeting very recently re ‘kicking the shit of out of the Torres”......both Lammy and Abbott were present at said meeting.

As for right wing violence, how convenient they also forget the left wing trouble makers, intent on punching Nazis at every given opportunity.

Same with Corbyn’s second in command who wants to intimidate and not give Tories a minute’s peace,and that includes harassment etc.

Now then, who are the real Nazis here ?

I think we all know the answer, the left don’t like it when funded groups like Antifa,Hope not Hate etc have been exposed for being thugs.

They were left unchallenged for many years and had free rein, they do not like it when there is serious opposition to them, it’s as simple as that.

Have you seen the clip from the Labour leeds MP in the politics thread? 

4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The Tory party has been (in the main) since before even Thatcher a pro-EU party. Understandably so given their shared economic and neoliberal policy platforms. There has always been a hardcore of anti-EU feeling in the party. But generally they've been pro-EU apart from the odd flirtation.

Heseltine is a dyed in the wool Tory. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous and actually part of what I'm talking about. Right wing populism - anyone who doesn't agree on this single issue isn't one of us. Or is an enemy. That's the danger - right there. 

I'm a right wing populist?

54 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I'm a right wing populist?

No. But if you are saying that Heseltine isn’t a Tory cos he’s in favour of the EU then that is the sort of divisive right wing populist message that is dangerous. He’s as Tory as they come. But can see the dangers of the messaging. The parallels are worrying surely? 

14 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

No. But if you are saying that Heseltine isn’t a Tory cos he’s in favour of the EU then that is the sort of divisive right wing populist message that is dangerous. He’s as Tory as they come. But can see the dangers of the messaging. The parallels are worrying surely? 

I see where you are coming from.

My post earlier was light-hearted, of course.

I don't like Heseltine, never have, and his Pro-EU views have probably contributed to that.

Social media probably doesn't help

• Members
6 hours ago, boltondiver said:

I see where you are coming from.

My post earlier was light-hearted, of course.

I don't like Heseltine, never have, and his Pro-EU views have probably contributed to that.

Social media probably doesn't help

Completely agree. Spat it when he couldn't become leader and has been a walking tantrum ever since.

18 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You are very right in your comments that  right populism and the need to shout down anyone with an opposing view is a dangerous sign. This thread highlights it.

But you also have to acknowledge that there is an equal amount of intolerance on the left, Corbyn has a grip on the Labour party and if you do not agree with him you have no place in the party.  As noted you then have the anti fascist movement that operates in a world of its own and attracts a lot less criticism than Tommy Robinson et al.

I know Mounts and Miami well enough to have a beer and talk shit to with out politics being an issue. I go to a few games with people who know royal white well and his views on europe are rarely the topic of conversations. They are not frothing racists but they have views that are a long way right of mine on most subjects. This thread ceased to be a debate about 400 pages ago it is now simple people picking stories that suit their agenda and shouting about it. They know they ignore stories that show the other side.

It seems if you want to stay in europe you are a remoaning snowflake who supports muslim grooming gangs. Whereas if you want to say you are a skinhead racist nazi.

I know for a fact Miami is too vain to have a skinhead.

15 minutes ago, Ani said:

You are very right in your comments that  right populism and the need to shout down anyone with an opposing view is a dangerous sign. This thread highlights it.

But you also have to acknowledge that there is an equal amount of intolerance on the left, Corbyn has a grip on the Labour party and if you do not agree with him you have no place in the party.  As noted you then have the anti fascist movement that operates in a world of its own and attracts a lot less criticism than Tommy Robinson et al.

I know Mounts and Miami well enough to have a beer and talk shit to with out politics being an issue. I go to a few games with people who know royal white well and his views on europe are rarely the topic of conversations. They are not frothing racists but they have views that are a long way right of mine on most subjects. This thread ceased to be a debate about 400 pages ago it is now simple people picking stories that suit their agenda and shouting about it. They know they ignore stories that show the other side.

It seems if you want to stay in europe you are a remoaning snowflake who supports muslim grooming gangs. Whereas if you want to say you are a skinhead racist nazi.

Some of us have no choice. 😜

Edited by Mounts Kipper

19 minutes ago, Ani said:

I did acknowledge that when I said this is worrying that we now have dangerous extremes on both sides not tolerant of any deviation in opinion. 

Its a very dangerous time politically. I do not believe that many realise quite the implication of things that are being said and done. Threatening violence on the streets as Heseltine rightly pointed out is an attempt to normalise such a response to political decision making. And is incredibly dangerous. On the other side you have people in the Labour party trying to normalise inaction on racism. You have the likes of Boris and Farage who's open racism has been dismissed as a joke in the case of the former and "truth speak" in the case of the latter. And the ridicule of people who point this out is becoming so obviously widely accepted that in my view this is a very serious situation. 

Someone (I think MW) posted a video of Soubry from 2016/7 talking about wanting to leave the EU with a good deal and enact the referendum result. It was posted as though it was "making a point". But the point it made to me was that these people like Soubry whatever you think about them, were trying to help get us out of the EU and have a good deal. But over time realised that was not going to happen. I think the point it should make is that Soubry and the others are not "traitors" desperately plotting against the "Brexit movement" but instead just reacting to the situation and trying to do what they think is right. It is absolutely fine to disagree with them. But to dismiss centre right and centre left politicians as "enemies of the people" is ridiculous and dangerous. And that is where we are. 

However, we're at the point where the people who said what a Brexit deal would really look like and were dismissed as "project fear" have been proven right but are now being blamed for being right. Its a ludicrous and nonsensical situation. I fear its only going to end with increasing moves to the extremes and an incredibly divided country. Imagine the next GE with Boris vs Corbyn and think how embarrassing and damaging that will be - the RoW will look on with utter incredulity. 

7 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I did acknowledge that when I said this is worrying that we now have dangerous extremes on both sides not tolerant of any deviation in opinion. 

Its a very dangerous time politically. I do not believe that many realise quite the implication of things that are being said and done. Threatening violence on the streets as Heseltine rightly pointed out is an attempt to normalise such a response to political decision making. And is incredibly dangerous. On the other side you have people in the Labour party trying to normalise inaction on racism. You have the likes of Boris and Farage who's open racism has been dismissed as a joke in the case of the former and "truth speak" in the case of the latter. And the ridicule of people who point this out is becoming so obviously widely accepted that in my view this is a very serious situation. 

Someone (I think MW) posted a video of Soubry from 2016/7 talking about wanting to leave the EU with a good deal and enact the referendum result. It was posted as though it was "making a point". But the point it made to me was that these people like Soubry whatever you think about them, were trying to help get us out of the EU and have a good deal. But over time realised that was not going to happen. I think the point it should make is that Soubry and the others are not "traitors" desperately plotting against the "Brexit movement" but instead just reacting to the situation and trying to do what they think is right. It is absolutely fine to disagree with them. But to dismiss centre right and centre left politicians as "enemies of the people" is ridiculous and dangerous. And that is where we are. 

However, we're at the point where the people who said what a Brexit deal would really look like and were dismissed as "project fear" have been proven right but are now being blamed for being right. Its a ludicrous and nonsensical situation. I fear its only going to end with increasing moves to the extremes and an incredibly divided country. Imagine the next GE with Boris vs Corbyn and think how embarrassing and damaging that will be - the RoW will look on with utter incredulity. 

Project fear being proven right ?

Are you wrapped right ?

Where’s the deep economic shock, where’s the 500k job losses promised immediately after the referendum ?

Those myths have been proven to be utter bullshit, Britain is booming, remind me please of the amount of people in work again as announced in the last day or so .....highest ever aren’t they ?

Your fallacy of being proven right is utter crap as we’ve not yet left,so the case is in the balance and as yet unproven....whereas the predictions re the aftermath have proven to be total and utter nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

UKIP  voters need to vote for the Brexit party that’ll be 34% more than 1 in 3 voters. Let the fun begin. 

The nation is waking :D

We will still be called racists despite over 30% of all BAME voters voting leave, plus Sweep and Mrs Sweep voting UKIP.