Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I'm on a forum debating/arguing ... whatever word you want to use. I have strong opinions. So do others on here. How is that shutting down free speech? If anything it is the antithesis of closing down free speech. 

Here is what the woke warriors to whom I address my comments indulge in. 

* No platforming - denying a person or organisation the right to speak because you have given yourself the powers to deem their views unacceptable. Most often found on University campuses.

* Cancel culture - ostracizing people from public discourse or professional life because they have views deemed unacceptable - usually following a kangaroo court on channel like Twitter. Rowan Atkinson recently compared this to a "medieval mob looking for someone to burn". JK Rowling has been another high-profile victim due to the fact she has views on transgender rights.

* Democracy-denying - spending two years in parliament  brazenly trying to prevent the 2016 Brexit referendum result being enacted. Something that will never be forgotten by those who witnessed it with increasing amazement  - as evidenced by the fact that places like Leigh and Hartlepool are voting Conservative in huge numbers. Unthinkable for decades. Do not under-estimate how deeply this is still felt.

* Seeking to re-write history - the toppling of statues of people deemed to be "unacceptable" in woke culture, attempting to destroy/erase large parts of British history or put a slant on it that dilutes accuracy. 

* Seizure of language - awarding yourself the power to decide which words it is or is not acceptable to use and then seeking to ostracize those who won't play ball, as per point two. 

* An overall aversion/allergy to anything British, any hint of patriotism.

I don't do any of the above. I argue with people on a forum.

There's a world of difference.

Your arguments are fine.

I actually agree with a number of points you raise - especially around brexit. The vote was won and my problem was the fact that the delivery of it has been absolute bollocks. In part because of parliament, but mainly because Boris and his chins haven’t got a fucking clue.

So, bizarrely, we agree. It just takes some lateral thinking to realise it.

But you DO accuse people of trying to shut you down, then you do exactly the same.

As I say, I won’t agree with you on a lot of things and that’s fine. Makes the world go round, but I will call you out on glaring contradiction - especially when you go to such lengths to demonstrate it.

For what it’s worth, you write superbly. The content can be a bit wank though. 🥰

Edited by Spider

21 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Because you use the phrase Gammon. 
It’s a stereotypical phrase used by some to categorise the type of people who voted out. 

That's it? Because I use some piss take term in response to being branded as a woke snowflake. It's nothing but banter on here. I'm stereotyping nobody. 

Strange that you would use that to assume I wouldn't acknowledge that people of colour voted to leave.

• Site Supporter

@miamiwhite - You’re a lucky boy.

Normal courts would insist on a lengthy appeals process, and would still frown upon you wasting court time with your stalling and delays.

However, this is a court for bellowing pisscans, so your extremely overdue evidence will be accepted because it’s dead funny.

@mickbrown - can you explain the content of the new evidence to the jury who have been hastily reconvened and are opening cans and bottles with growing excitement?

Just now, mickbrown said:

And here's the actual post

You silly twats.

😄 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 

My client the very honourable Miami White was illustrating how easy it is for people to amend posts.

Evidence is being compiled and will be presented to the court in due course

Best Wishes 

Freeman, Hardy and Willis solicitors 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

@miamiwhite - You’re a lucky boy.

Normal courts would insist on a lengthy appeals process, and would still frown upon you wasting court time with your stalling and delays.

However, this is a court for bellowing pisscans, so your extremely overdue evidence will be accepted because it’s dead funny.

@mickbrown - can you explain the content of the new evidence to the jury who have been hastily reconvened and are opening cans and bottles with growing excitement?

😄 🤣 😂 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

And here's the actual post

You silly twats.

ALL RISE

Once again, I find myself glaring with utter disbelief from my throne at you Mr @miamiwhite

Accept defeat, take a cloth to catch his jizz, and apologise to the red bastard.

Just now, miamiwhite said:

😄 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 

My client the very honourable Miami White was illustrating how easy it is for people to amend posts.

Evidence is being compiled and will be presented to the court in due course

Best Wishes 

Freeman, Hardy and Willis solicitors 

Fuck me. BD almost spaffed his y fronts in excitement then. You shouldn't do that to the poor lad.

34 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Why on earth would I ask you how you voted or your views on the EU, especially when you mentioned one of them earlier today   🤔 

Because you came waltzing into the thread accusing me of ignoring or denying that a significant amount of BAME people voted to leave. If you want to look like less of a tit next time then just ask me my views before you throw your accusations around 👍 x

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Because you came waltzing into the thread accusing me of ignoring or denying that a significant amount of BAME people voted to leave. If you want to look like less of a tit next time then just ask me my views before you throw your accusations around 👍 x

Listen Chesty Morgan,  you made your views clear on the EU earlier which is what I was relating to if you care to read my post correctly.

Thank you x