Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 45.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • miamiwhite

    5124

  • Mounts Kipper

    3444

  • boltondiver

    2989

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2908

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would encourage everyone to read the story and background of Emmett Till For those who don’t know who Emmett Till was he was a 14 year old black boy, who wolf whistled at a white lady. As a res

I'll even name names. The following are massive cunts: Me. Bolty. Miami. Cheese. Kent. Casino. Kipper. Royal. Labour. Tories. Scotland. The Welsh. The EU. Americans. People from fucking Yorkshire

My last comment on this... There are people on here who apart from being Bolton fans I have nothing in common with & whose opinions I wheheartedly disagree with, however I would fight for their ri

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Closet Tory 😃 

I've voted Tory more than most down the years. No closet behaviour here.

Happily backed Shiny Dave et al.

But the conservative party in its current incarnation is a very lurid, distasteful entity. Labour have been a spent force since they lost Scotland to the SNP and won't recover for years. We should, as the great nation we are, never have a leadership that can get away with what it does. But without a decent opposition, it will.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Even if they are shoving their genitals right up your willing, supplicating colon.

Edited by Spider
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Spider said:

You were talking about actual Labour policies though.

It's such muddying of waters that causes all the bullshit debates.

Perception is your own thoughts and feelings.

Policies are generally written down and factual.

And please, do stop mistaking me for a Labour voter. I'm pulling you up here for blatantly misinforming the debate.

I’ve not mistaken you for a Labour Party voter, never said that you were. Perception is what many people vote on, it’s a gut feeling as most folk do not look into the minutiae of each and every policy. In short the British public in vast numbers trust the Tory party over the Labour Party to make the right calls. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Might go for the double re telling the difference between a decent jacket and the shite Asda rag you bagged 🐟 🐠 🎏 🎣 

Now you have blown it. Even in that fucked up state I was saying my jacket had been nicked. No one believed me till Widnes realised next day (or the day after I forget) that he had my designer (Boundary Mills) jacket. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve not mistaken you for a Labour Party voter, never said that you were. Perception is what many people vote on, it’s a gut feeling as most folk do not look into the minutiae of each and every policy. In short the British public in vast numbers trust the Tory party over the Labour Party to make the right calls. 

Totally agree.

The labour heartlands and their pig in a red rosette voting intentions (and the home counties with their pig in lipstick and a blue rosettes too) prove that it can be as much about upbringing, social perception and "I'm not posh/I'm posh" status, and have zero interest in what those parties might intend to do.

I just think places like Hartlepool have a few more social climbers nowadays and think the Tories are the right pick for them socially.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour really do need to do something, otherwise we'll pretty much become a single party nation, and that can't be a good thing. Even the most staunch Tory must realise there is a need for some sort of half credible opposition, otherwise it won't end well.

The main problem for Labour is they still hold on to this theory that they're the party of "the working class" which is ridiculous because "the working class" hasn't really existed for decades. They'd be better off going away for the next few years and re-inventing themselves as a more centrist party (IMO), the lurch they've taken to the left really isn't doing them any good, because in reality, we don't want a fairer society and more equality.....people will pretend they do, but they don't. Sadly, I think the Tory party are also going too far the other way, as I really feel they don't give a fuck about the masses. And I'm saying that as somebody who generally votes Conservative.

I just can't help but think our politics is a bit broken at the minute. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Diane Abbot had been wheeled out onto the BBC news at lunchtime giving her thoughts on Labour's problems.  Kind of ironic, as I suspect any support they have left, drops further a few percent each time she pipes up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Diane Abbot had been wheeled out onto the BBC news at lunchtime giving her thoughts on Labour's problems.  Kind of ironic, as I suspect any support they have left, drops further a few percent each time she pipes up. 

She really is grim isn't she.

Although, as I've mentioned before, I bet she's got lovely leathery flaps

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve not mistaken you for a Labour Party voter, never said that you were. Perception is what many people vote on, it’s a gut feeling as most folk do not look into the minutiae of each and every policy. In short the British public in vast numbers trust the Tory party over the Labour Party to make the right calls. 

Its a belief.

As you nicely outline, people are not voting on poilicies but perception and in many cases that perception is incorrect. I think it was Wanderer84 who said he doesn't have to read things, he just trusts the Conservatives to do a good job. Personally I wouldn't vote for anyone on that basis, but each to their own.

This piece last year I thought was good (its the guardian but even if you aren't a fan its worth a read) a lot of what is written here about Leigh is mirrored in a lot of these posts, about a feeling of rejection, or Starmer being 'too London' of not talking about issues that matter to places like Leigh or Hartlepool and just focusing on international or issues that bother people in London but not elsewhere. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/09/tory-leigh-still-unconvinced-by-labour

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Labour really do need to do something, otherwise we'll pretty much become a single party nation, and that can't be a good thing. Even the most staunch Tory must realise there is a need for some sort of half credible opposition, otherwise it won't end well.

The main problem for Labour is they still hold on to this theory that they're the party of "the working class" which is ridiculous because "the working class" hasn't really existed for decades. They'd be better off going away for the next few years and re-inventing themselves as a more centrist party (IMO), the lurch they've taken to the left really isn't doing them any good, because in reality, we don't want a fairer society and more equality.....people will pretend they do, but they don't. Sadly, I think the Tory party are also going too far the other way, as I really feel they don't give a fuck about the masses. And I'm saying that as somebody who generally votes Conservative.

I just can't help but think our politics is a bit broken at the minute. 

Agree with all that. Labour are split, and destroyed.

That lurch to the left and corbyn was the end of the party. Now you’ve got half the party wanting to get back to centre and half the party still harping on about Corbyn. 

I thought starmer would be a Blair type dude to drag them to the centre, but I think the job is too big now. 

They need to split the party and start all over again.

The working class thing has been utter bollocks for years. They alienated the supposed working class by going that far left. 

Silly cunts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sweep said:

She really is grim isn't she.

Although, as I've mentioned before, I bet she's got lovely leathery flaps

You've just put me right off my chips, gravy, scraps, pea wet and quinoa lunch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Diane Abbot had been wheeled out onto the BBC news at lunchtime giving her thoughts on Labour's problems.  Kind of ironic, as I suspect any support they have left, drops further a few percent each time she pipes up. 

She's piping up because this is a chance for the left of the party to stick the knife in and twist. It's not helpful to the party overall, but they don't care as long as they win control of it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

She's piping up because this is a chance for the left of the party to stick the knife in and twist. It's not helpful to the party overall, but they don't care as long as they win control of it back.

She's better piping off Corbyn, only thing she made a success of 😃 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Step forward Andy Burham.

Once his landslide is confirmed as our Mayor, he can push on and take over the Labour leadership

I think he'd do well

The scouse cunt

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the 'death knell' of Labour as a force is being sounded too early. We had the same in the mid 90s for the Conservatives. Shifts happen - I mean the Conservatives have been in power the longest in Britain, second the Liberals (Whigs) and then Labour - Its slightly more complex than that, but you get the point. We are a liberal conservative nation in general. After this pandemic its going to be interesting as shifts in policy move towards social cohesion - look at what's going on in the States. I'd have never have thought they'd have put a bill like the family one through.

What I'm saying is that politics moves quickly, and it'd be foolhardy to predict the end of any major political movement currently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Not got a clue what Starmer stands for if I'm honest. Labour just seem adrift in nothingness 

But equally, do you know what Johnson stands for?

Because I'm fucked if I know.

Don't think he even knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Not got a clue what Starmer stands for if I'm honest. Labour just seem adrift in nothingness 

He stands for just having a pop at the tories.

That's fine, so long as it forms a small part of a much bigger plan.

In the end, it becomes repetitive and people just get bored.

They need new people like (sorry to say) Blair who can add some energy and talk about Labour rather than the tories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

think it was Wanderer84 who said he doesn't have to read things, he just trusts the Conservatives to do a good job. Personally I wouldn't vote for anyone on that basis, but each to their own.

I said I trusted they would do a better job than Labour. My reply was in keeping with Paul's views. Labour do all the work for the Conservatives. People have had enough and thats shown today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.