Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I didn't question Farage's influence in Brexit politics or suggest he was irrelevant. 

I questioned what wanderer1984 meant by the British people. We're a bit of a broad church you see. And in my humble opinion I think you'd struggle to find a huge amount of people who think Farage has been of much service to any of our communities. Regardless of whether you voted leave or not.

When @wanderer1984 says the British People, he’s making the mistake of assuming he speaks for all of them.

The people he’s referring to are his small circle of like-minded individuals who share his world view.

He certainly doesn’t speak for me, and I’m WAY more British than he is. I’m more proud of it too.

10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Rich coming from someone who just the other day labelled the entire world's Arab population as " a bunch of backward, inbred, war mongering murdering scum bags". Is this one of your enlightened facts that us 'lefties' need to wake up to?

Out of interest what do we need to wake up to? 

That identity politics is destroying the Labour party & distancing voters? I agee.

That Nigel Farage is some sort of saviour for the British people? jog on. 

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I didn't question Farage's influence in Brexit politics or suggest he was irrelevant. 

I questioned what wanderer1984 meant by the British people. We're a bit of a broad church you see. And in my humble opinion I think you'd struggle to find a huge amount of people who think Farage has been of much service to any of our communities. Regardless of whether you voted leave or not.

If it wasn't for Farage we'd still be in the EU. We applaud Farage for getting us out. From now on like it or not Farage has played a big part in Britain's future. We can thank him later when Britain starts booming once more.

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

When you hear the phrases

The German people, The American People, The Czech People, The Spanish people etc. etc. 
Do you wonder why people say these things?

Its a very strange a question to ask.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

When @wanderer1984 says the British People, he’s making the mistake of assuming he speaks for all of them.

The people he’s referring to are his small circle of like-minded individuals who share his world view.

He certainly doesn’t speak for me, and I’m WAY more British than he is. I’m more proud of it too.

I know you'd love me to think that, but I'm afraid it's not true.

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

When you hear the phrases

The German people, The American People, The Czech People, The Spanish people etc. etc. 
Do you wonder why people say these things?

Its a very strange a question to ask.

He asked it for one purpose only. Then got schooled by Paul.... again.

1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

He asked it for one purpose only. Then got schooled by Paul.... again.

Never thought I’d hear someone questioning the use of the term British People.
It’s a strange new world. 
Thankfully, these are the minority and they still don’t understand why they will remain so.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Never thought I’d hear someone questioning the use of the term British People.
It’s a strange new world. 
Thankfully, these are the minority and they still don’t understand why they will remain so.

To be clear

I am British People.

This is a fascinating article and which shows the complexities around the Middle East and also highlights the complexities around immigration. Examples are being more often here in Britain, with different factions fighting each other, a stabbing at I think, the Scarisbrick Hotel in Southport in a fight between asylum seekers from opposing religions.

This is clearly one of the dangers we face whch realistic people will admit to, not to mention terror and other related very serious offences which some people think is allowed in their country of origin.

https://besacenter.org/do-arabs-hate-palestinians/

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

To be clear

I am British People.

I think it needs a spark today especially as the season is over for us automatic promotion winners 🏆 

Last year, bwfcfanny5 was very vocal with his opinions, the vast majority left sided and anti British...he suddenly vanished, only to be upstaged by LW, been a member for 3 years.....probably all his life to be honest 😉......but very quiet until fanny5 suddenly disappears after being hammered by the left right and centre ......Now, being a man of many aliases in the past, not hard to see what is happening with those 2 self opinionated ones is it ?

You can decide.

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Or based on the evidence provided by the post itself?

LW suggesting Farage has been of little influence is blind. Whether or not anyone agrees with farage is immaterial: a majority did and voted with him on the key issue of the day.

No based on the rest of the post after the Farage bit. If as PH does you believe leaving was good his description of Farage was fair. 
 The rest of the post was a judgemental and as close to moral high ground as anything LW posted. 

I just find it strange that people on a board like this need to answer like it is Question Time and chuck in a load of insults. PH has some very strong views and puts them over intelligently and has clearly researched them. I come here for a laugh but also a debate/exchange of views. If some posts a paragraph accusing someone else of trying to take the moral high ground whilst doing so themselves they should have it pointed out. The fact his response was actually based on not what LW said but what PH had decided he meant just highlights the fact.  

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

To be clear

I am British People.

Our next door neighbours are British People. Next to them are British People. Both families are of Indian decent. LW probably won’t believe this but they both voted for Brexit. Me, my wife and 2 sons all white with a heritage going back to King Harold voted to remain. 
If you look past stereotypes, you see the real people. The people who vote and make a difference.

2 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

Our next door neighbours are British People. Next to them are British People. Both families are of Indian decent. LW probably won’t believe this but they both voted for Brexit. Me, my wife and 2 sons all white with a heritage going back to King Harold voted to remain. 
If you look past stereotypes, you see the real people. The people who vote and make a difference.

Approx a third of BAME voted to Leave, a fact 

He is a one trick pony.

Edited by miamiwhite

10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I think it needs a spark today especially as the season is over for us automatic promotion winners 🏆 

Last year, bwfcfanny5 was very vocal with his opinions, the vast majority left sided and anti British...he suddenly vanished, only to be upstaged by LW, been a member for 3 years.....probably all his life to be honest 😉......but very quiet until fanny5 suddenly disappears after being hammered by the left right and centre ......Now, being a man of many aliases in the past, not hard to see what is happening with those 2 self opinionated ones is it ?

You can decide.

Nah LW has similar views but let's be honest Fanny was a different level of screech. 

Right... I've looked back over my original posts to @wanderer1984 to see what all the gammons were screeching about. And to be fair they do come across as pretty arrogant - for that I'll give him an apology & a promise of a pint if I ever see him at a game. 

But that follow up post from Paul reeks of hypocrisy. As do the crescendo of Rees-Mogg esque  Bravo's that followed it. Wanderer 1984s excitable chanting in his living room made my day. How adorable.

I haven't got a fucking clue what @miamiwhiteis talking about or what point he's trying to make. He's never even bothered to ask how I voted in the referendum or my views on the EU. I'll leave him to his wierd rants about ex posters👍

@Boby Brno- it was a fairly simple point re the British people. Just responding to the argument that Farage has been of great service to them by asking which British people they were and what he's done to serve them. Those questions have been answered, so we can all move on. 

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

Why on earth would you think I wouldn't believe that?

17 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Right... I've looked back over my original posts to @wanderer1984 to see what all the gammons were screeching about. And to be fair they do come across as pretty arrogant - for that I'll give him an apology & a promise of a pint if I ever see him at a game. 

But that follow up post from Paul reeks of hypocrisy. As do the crescendo of Rees-Mogg esque  Bravo's that followed it. Wanderer 1984s excitable chanting in his living room made my day. How adorable.

I haven't got a fucking clue what @miamiwhiteis talking about or what point he's trying to make. He's never even bothered to ask how I voted in the referendum or my views on the EU. I'll leave him to his wierd rants about ex posters👍

@Boby Brno- it was a fairly simple point re the British people. Just responding to the argument that Farage has been of great service to them by asking which British people they were and what he's done to serve them. Those questions have been answered, so we can all move on. 

Why on earth would I ask you how you voted or your views on the EU, especially when you mentioned one of them earlier today   🤔 

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I wouldn't disagree with anyone that the EU is bureaucratic & undemocratic. I only wish we'd cracked on with it sooner once the referendum was done. 

Thankyou for your absolute tosh of a response regarding moral high grounds. I'm not claiming the high ground over anyone. Just asking some perfectly reasonable questions about Nigel Farage & British nationality.

Have I concluded anyone is bigot? Have I called anyone a racist? I'm impressed by how well you seem to know what I think & assume. At the same time as assuming I'm putting people in boxes your doing exactly the same the other way round. Bet you've got a pretty little woke snowflake picture painted in your head right now.

I don't know @wanderer1984 - so I wouldn't go accussing him of a anything. All i asked was some genuine questions. He did post an absolute turd of a video months back of a proven neo-Nazi ranting about the loss of British identity. But when asked about the source he simply said he didn't know who he was, just agreed with some of his points. An honest mistake it seems, so we moved on. 

Before evidence is asked for, here it is 😃 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I see Paul, whilst making one or two valid points, has once again overwhelmingly and very amusingly contradicted himself on several occasions.

If you are going to make accusations of “screeching”, it’s probably best not to do it whilst writing in a manner that is so partisan and narrow in its content that it redefines what screeching is.

You are, it seems, the Hughmungus of the politics thread.

One of your principle issues seems to be that “the left” immediately shut down anyone with an opinion they don’t like.

Please feel free to read your posts back and tell me where you differ (spoiler alert - you don’t.)

You’re starting to shift so far right that I’m considering buying you a nice shiny pair of knee length boots, luv.

Stay calm. It’s healthier. Xxxxx

I'm on a forum debating/arguing ... whatever word you want to use. I have strong opinions. So do others on here. How is that shutting down free speech? If anything it is the antithesis of closing down free speech. 

Here is what the woke warriors to whom I address my comments indulge in. 

* No platforming - denying a person or organisation the right to speak because you have given yourself the powers to deem their views unacceptable. Most often found on University campuses.

* Cancel culture - ostracizing people from public discourse or professional life because they have views deemed unacceptable - usually following a kangaroo court on channel like Twitter. Rowan Atkinson recently compared this to a "medieval mob looking for someone to burn". JK Rowling has been another high-profile victim due to the fact she has views on transgender rights.

* Democracy-denying - spending two years in parliament  brazenly trying to prevent the 2016 Brexit referendum result being enacted. Something that will never be forgotten by those who witnessed it with increasing amazement  - as evidenced by the fact that places like Leigh and Hartlepool are voting Conservative in huge numbers. Unthinkable for decades. Do not under-estimate how deeply this is still felt.

* Seeking to re-write history - the toppling of statues of people deemed to be "unacceptable" in woke culture, attempting to destroy/erase large parts of British history or put a slant on it that dilutes accuracy. 

* Seizure of language - awarding yourself the power to decide which words it is or is not acceptable to use and then seeking to ostracize those who won't play ball, as per point two. 

* An overall aversion/allergy to anything British, any hint of patriotism.

I don't do any of the above. I argue with people on a forum.

There's a world of difference.

11 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Why on earth would you think I wouldn't believe that?

Because you use the phrase Gammon. 
It’s a stereotypical phrase used by some to categorise the type of people who voted out.  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Just over 50% then- that was enough. And you were one of them! Crikey. 😁