Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

He forced the referendum that got us out of the deeply undemocratic, hidebound bureaucratic quagmire that is the EU. Then he helped win it and we got the hell out of there. 

Your last sentence is transparent. This is your opening gambit in trying to undermine and marginalise wanderer1984. You'll play with his answer irrespective of what he says and conclude that he is a racist/sexist/bigot or one of the other words you've put at the top of your lexicon to label anybody who doesn't see the world the way you do. All done from the moral high ground you think you've annexed for yourself and from the position of moral arbiter that nobody has appointed you too but to  which you believe you have a divine right.

The problem is people know your every move and tactic nowadays. It can be spotted mile off. It is a busted flush.

You’re to bright for these folk pal. Great reply. 👍

21 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Fuck me 😆

Could you give us an example of some of the things he has done to support the British people? 

Also, out of pure interest, what do you define as a British person?

Also available in superior vision

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s water of a ducks back. One day they’ll wake up and smell the coffee. 

Stay superior, be more clever, keep losing elections.

No link, obviously.

46 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Fuck me 😆

Could you give us an example of some of the things he has done to support the British people? 

Also, out of pure interest, what do you define as a British person?

30 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

He forced the referendum that got us out of the deeply undemocratic, hidebound bureaucratic quagmire that is the EU. Then he helped win it and we got the hell out of there. 

Your last sentence is transparent. This is your opening gambit in trying to undermine and marginalise wanderer1984. You'll play with his answer irrespective of what he says and conclude that he is a racist/sexist/bigot or one of the other words you've put at the top of your lexicon to label anybody who doesn't see the world the way you do. All done from the moral high ground you think you've annexed for yourself and from the position of moral arbiter that nobody has appointed you too but to  which you believe you have a divine right.

The problem is people know your every move and tactic nowadays. It can be spotted mile off. It is a busted flush.

What he said. 

41 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Bravo Paul 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

41 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You’re to bright for these folk pal. Great reply. 👍

Can you hear London sing?
No – oh! No-oh!
No – oh! No-oh!
Can you hear London sing?
I CAN’T HEAR A FUCKING THING!
No – oh! Oh-o! Oh! 🤫

31 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I wouldn't disagree with anyone that the EU is bureaucratic & undemocratic. I only wish we'd cracked on with it sooner once the referendum was done. 

Thankyou for your absolute tosh of a response regarding moral high grounds. I'm not claiming the high ground over anyone. Just asking some perfectly reasonable questions about Nigel Farage & British nationality.

Have I concluded anyone is bigot? Have I called anyone a racist? I'm impressed by how well you seem to know what I think & assume. At the same time as assuming I'm putting people in boxes your doing exactly the same the other way round. Bet you've got a pretty little woke snowflake picture painted in your head right now.

I don't know @wanderer1984 - so I wouldn't go accussing him of a anything. All i asked was some genuine questions. He did post an absolute turd of a video months back of a proven neo-Nazi ranting about the loss of British identity. But when asked about the source he simply said he didn't know who he was, just agreed with some of his points. An honest mistake it seems, so we moved on. 

5 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

No – oh! No-oh!
No – oh! No-oh!
No – oh! Oh-o! Oh! 🤫

I think this might be the funniest thing I've ever seen on here.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

No – oh! No-oh!
No – oh! No-oh!
No – oh! Oh-o! Oh! 🤫

What

the

fuck

is

this?

8 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

No – oh! No-oh!
No – oh! No-oh!
No – oh! Oh-o! Oh! 🤫

😆😁😆

Not in a singing mood fella, but you can have this for your wank bank later x

Miami posted a picture the other week of a miner as what Labour once stood for alongside one of Eddie Izard for what they represent now, or course it is extreme but the point is valid. 

Got drunk last Saturday with 3 people who I have known since we were at Uni. All of us would be described as 'left leaning' . Only one I would say is now a Labour supporter. The Labour Party has no identity. The Tories need to do very little to win. Can not remember the full conversation 🍺🍺 but pretty sure the other had voted in the week for alternatives to Labour. Unfortunately a weak opposition gives the Govt too much freedom. 

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Quite a judgemental post to use to accuse someone else of taking the moral high ground. 

14 minutes ago, Ani said:

Quite a judgemental post to use to accuse someone else of taking the moral high ground. 

Identity politics works both ways. Funnily enough I'd agree with pretty much everything he's posted about 'wokeness' and the Labour party and criticism of the EU. But he's already made his mind up.

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ani said:

Or based on the evidence provided by the post itself?

LW suggesting Farage has been of little influence is blind. Whether or not anyone agrees with farage is immaterial: a majority did and voted with him on the key issue of the day.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

One day they’ll wake up and smell the coffee. 

Rich coming from someone who just the other day labelled the entire world's Arab population as " a bunch of backward, inbred, war mongering murdering scum bags". Is this one of your enlightened facts that us 'lefties' need to wake up to?

Out of interest what do we need to wake up to? 

That identity politics is destroying the Labour party & distancing voters? I agee.

That Nigel Farage is some sort of saviour for the British people? jog on. 

• Site Supporter

I see Paul, whilst making one or two valid points, has once again overwhelmingly and very amusingly contradicted himself on several occasions.

If you are going to make accusations of “screeching”, it’s probably best not to do it whilst writing in a manner that is so partisan and narrow in its content that it redefines what screeching is.

You are, it seems, the Hughmungus of the politics thread.

One of your principle issues seems to be that “the left” immediately shut down anyone with an opinion they don’t like.

Please feel free to read your posts back and tell me where you differ (spoiler alert - you don’t.)

You’re starting to shift so far right that I’m considering buying you a nice shiny pair of knee length boots, luv.

Stay calm. It’s healthier. Xxxxx

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Or based on the evidence provided by the post itself?

LW suggesting Farage has been of little influence is blind. Whether or not anyone agrees with farage is immaterial: a majority did and voted with him on the key issue of the day.

I didn't question Farage's influence in Brexit politics or suggest he was irrelevant. 

I questioned what wanderer1984 meant by the British people. We're a bit of a broad church you see. And in my humble opinion I think you'd struggle to find a huge amount of people who think Farage has been of much service to any of our communities. Regardless of whether you voted leave or not.

Edited by London Wanderer