Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

but that route is to Southern Ireland which is not, so a UK/France agreement which mounts spouted on about is bollocks

It’s a bbc article talking about patrols being upped to stop migrant boats. How is that bollocks? It’s factual. Thick you say?

1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

but that route is to Southern Ireland which is not, so a UK/France agreement which mounts spouted on about is bollocks

Mounts is capable of defending himself here but I think his reference to the link is what came out in the news a short time ago, I don't think he was replying directly to you or Spider.......carry on Brexit.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Oh....look Mr Geography

You fuck off

https://www.stenaline.co.uk/routes/rosslare-cherbourg

The one chance we had was transport

The suppliers in Holland are currently driving kit past our factory to the Irish customers.

A load of direct shipping lines shuts any door that may have creaked open, firmly shut.

Obviously, it’s just little old us, the main thing is sovereignty and haddock, so ignore a UK manufacturer with 30 years in the bank 😁

• Site Supporter

There have been direct routes between Europe and Ireland since time began. 
this one probably been added to allow another choice for those wanting to avoid any potential customs delays and costs etc 

the choice to go direct or via Britain will still be based on cost effectiveness as it is now and what happens in Britain’s ports to European traffic will determine that in part 

• Site Supporter

You’re all dealing with Irish and Dutch suppliers and customers i take it?

If so, I’ll spare you the particulars of what actually happens, and let you all just crack on using twitter as the business gospel for the metal industry.

No offence, but you know fuck all about my business.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

The one chance we had was transport

The suppliers in Holland are currently driving kit past our factory to the Irish customers.

A load of direct shipping lines shuts any door that may have creaked open, firmly shut.

Obviously, it’s just little old us, the main thing is sovereignty and haddock, so ignore a UK manufacturer with 30 years in the bank 😁

Ignore the route which is closer and been running for years.

In your words....fuck off

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, fatolive said:

There have been direct routes between Europe and Ireland since time began. 
this one probably been added to allow another choice for those wanting to avoid any potential customs delays and costs etc 

the choice to go direct or via Britain will still be based on cost effectiveness as it is now and what happens in Britain’s ports to European traffic will determine that in part 

The UK was an easier route to ireland from the continent because we simply waved trucks through.

This is likely to be a much more difficult and costly process so a load more shipping routes between EU countries gets round a problem that only begins on January 1st.

Geography and politics are uneasy bedfellows at times.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

You’re all dealing with Irish and Dutch suppliers and customers i take it?

If so, I’ll spare you the particulars of what actually happens, and let you all just crack on using twitter as the business gospel for the metal industry.

No offence, but you know fuck all about my business.

no we are not pal. We are merely saying a better route has been in place to Rosslare for many years already. Please don't even try and save that ugly angry face of yours

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Where are the customers and suppliers I’m on about?

Listen fella, look at your reaction when Gonzo posted the link.

Your reaction said it all, don't try to twist the story or blame us because we already knew about those routes already in place.

Mind you, you don't travel further than Jockland.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

The UK was an easier route to ireland from the continent because we simply waved trucks through.

This is likely to be a much more difficult and costly process so a load more shipping routes between EU countries gets round a problem that only begins on January 1st.

Geography and politics are uneasy bedfellows at times.

Not disagreeing, but people ( not on here) are treating this as if it’s some brand new bypass of the UK 

It’s not, the option has always been there and depending on where your going / coming from depends the best route, but I agree that any delays they would encounter may sway more to go direct , however , if they were only going to Ireland anyway it doesn’t make much difference surely ? 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

no we are not pal. We are merely saying a better route has been in place to Rosslare for many years already. Please don't even try and save that ugly angry face of yours

Looks like I’m going to have to do the Ladybird version for you.

Before brexit, we put our goods on a lorry in Shropshire. It then drove to Holyhead, got on a ferry and ends up in County Offaly. No dramas, no tariffs, no problem.

Since 2016, and even as I type in November 2020, there has been no assurance from anyone that we will be able to maintain this cosy arrangement.

Our Irish customers have therefore sourced their goods from Holland (Breda to be precise). They know 100% that there will be no future supply or transport issues.

Adding ever more convenient shipping routes simply puts our chances of pulling them back even further out of reach.

There was always a glimmer of hope but little by little the Europeans are manoeuvring themselves to secure the business.

Tell me what I’m missing.

I’ll wait, and you can thank me later when you realise Brexit has fucked us. Just us. 

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Looks like I’m going to have to do the Ladybird version for you.

Before brexit, we put our goods on a lorry in Shropshire. It then drove to Holyhead, got on a ferry and Andes up in County Offaly. No dramas, no tariffs, no problem.

Since 2016, and even as I type in November 2020, there has been no assurance from anyone that we will be able to maintain this cosy arrangement.

Our Irish customers have therefore sourced their goods from Holland (Breda to be precise). They know 100% that there will be no future supply or transport issues.

Adding ever more convenient shipping routes simply puts our chances of pulling them back even further out of reach.

There was always a glimmer of hope but little by little the Europeans are manoeuvring themselves to secure the business.

Tell me what I’m missing.

I’ll wait, and you can thank me later when you realise Brexit has fucked us. Just us. 

Save your fingers and breath lad....

Just now, Spider said:

Generally a sign that you have no real objection to the points I’ve made.

I wish I was wrong, for what that’s worth.

Maybe you should have said that in the first place then instead of implying a "new" ferry service was the problem, when a quicker ferry service already exists.

You could see this coming from a mile off in 2016, with Cameron being spooked by that no hoper Farage and offering a vote to leave or stay and the opportunist Johnson taking over after May had cacked her pants. I just hope you voted the right way for the good of the country and led us the way like the red bus told us.

19 minutes ago, leigh white said:

You could see this coming from a mile off in 2016, with Cameron being spooked by that no hoper Farage and offering a vote to leave or stay and the opportunist Johnson taking over after May had cacked her pants. I just hope you voted the right way for the good of the country and led us the way like the red bus told us.

As opposed to the corrupt and lying blue gravy train 🇪🇺