Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • miamiwhite

    4734

  • Mounts Kipper

    3418

  • boltondiver

    2927

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2815

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll even name names. The following are massive cunts: Me. Bolty. Miami. Cheese. Kent. Casino. Kipper. Royal. Labour. Tories. Scotland. The Welsh. The EU. Americans. People from fucking Yorkshire

My last comment on this... There are people on here who apart from being Bolton fans I have nothing in common with & whose opinions I wheheartedly disagree with, however I would fight for their ri

The tories are fucking this country up good and proper. Not taking into account all the shit they're screwing up at home.   They took us into Brexit without any real plan of what it meant and have

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Remain

unchanged since January

Apologies if we've discussed this before, but how do you think that is going to happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Apologies if we've discussed this before, but how do you think that is going to happen?

No need to apologise

GE

The country bottles it, back to 48/52 and we stay.

 

Edited by boltondiver
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 hours ago, boltondiver said:

No need to apologise

GE

The country bottles it, back to 48/52 and we stay.

Seems highly unlikely to me, but you may be right. Who wins the election in your scenario? Another coalition?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not do a referendum ever again please 

I’m happy enough with the deal on the table 

Gives the voters what they voted for, limits damage, move onto pastures new 

potential time limit the back stop so some ardent Beexiteers can save face 

Move on, that’s the main thing here 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Let’s not do a referendum ever again please 

I’m happy enough with the deal on the table 

Gives the voters what they voted for, limits damage, move onto pastures new 

potential time limit the back stop so some ardent Beexiteers can save face 

Move on, that’s the main thing here 

By definition, the "backstop" cannot have a time limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cheese said:

By definition, the "backstop" cannot have a time limit.

If it said ten years for the sake of getting the thing over the line, who gives a fuck 

We would face another potential cliff edge in 8 years or so but we can move on now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

If it said ten years for the sake of getting the thing over the line, who gives a fuck 

We would face another potential cliff edge in 8 years or so but we can move on now 

By definition, that would not be a "backstop".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Instead of a time limit on the backstop why not just change the wording along the lines the backstop remains in place until a technological solution is delivered. 

That's along the lines of what was brought back to be voted on, and they kicked it out.

Technical arrangement discussions were proposed to start immediately, and separate from the trade negotiations.

It was a bit wishy washy and didn't fly.

Something a bit more concrete I reckon would get through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Casino said:

Out of interest, what's 2.4b as a percentage of gdp

A good article about what a billion can buy. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32309311

my favourite being 167,000 hip replacements as I need one. 😂

Seriously though 2.4 billion would pay for over 50,000 nurses, 25,000 doctors, 4 flagship hospitals. 

It’s utterly ridiculous pissing it into the EU black hole. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

A good article about what a billion can buy. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32309311

my favourite being 167,000 hip replacements as I need one. 😂

Seriously though 2.4 billion would pay for over 50,000 nurses, 25,000 doctors, 4 flagship hospitals. 

It’s utterly ridiculous pissing it into the EU black hole. 

Not to mention the £30b of extra govt borrowing per year that we would have to do if we leave with no deal. The 167000 people could have everything replaced and we would still have change left over. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Not to mention the £30b of extra govt borrowing per year that we would have to do if we leave with no deal. The 167000 people could have everything replaced and we would still have change left over. 😂

I’m sure you’ll agree we get a deal, leave and keep the money would be the correct and sane course of action. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.