Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

29 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not even on the bench at Derby last night - Millwall have sussed he's crap

I expect the Derby fans coudn't get over 'the three amigos' sitting on the opposition bench.

http://twohundredpercent.net/100-owners-number-74-the-three-amigos-derby-county/

Did the three Tory defectors come up with that name for themselves?

Edited by Chris Custodiet

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

So you think its going to be all hunkydory when the next lot takes over, do you?

one thing is for sure, if things don't go well, KA fans will blame KA haters for hounding him out

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

one thing is for sure, if things don't go well, KA fans will blame KA haters for hounding him out

I'm not sure that there's any KA fans. I think that we all understand that he's only ever been here to try & make a quick profit. Some people also understand that there has not been anyone else ready to juggle the finances & that we would have been in an even worse position if he hadn't been his cunty self.

8 hours ago, royal white said:

1.7 million seems fair enough 

I’m not so sure 

Are we in that much more of a stronger position than we were when he bought us for £1 three years ago? Football wise we are in a very similar boat, doomed at the bottom of the championship 

Off the field I appreciate our outgoings are much lower but our incomings are as well now we have no parachute money. Most the big earners left that first summer so anyone could have come in and reduced the wage bill quickly 

We still seem to be living hand to mouth with cash flow issues left right and centre. If it wasn’t for some of the old faces like ED and the Prescot guy chipping in with loans then we would have gone to the wall many times over during Ken’s reign

For me, I can’t see that he has done much more than a consultant such as Trevor Birch would have done had he continued in his position. I certainly don’t see how Ken can ask a great deal more for the club than when he took it on which £1.7m is 

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I’m not so sure 

Are we in that much more of a stronger position than we were when he bought us for £1 three years ago? Football wise we are in a very similar boat, doomed at the bottom of the championship 

Off the field I appreciate our outgoings are much lower but our incomings are as well now we have no parachute money. Most the big earners left that first summer so anyone could have come in and reduced the wage bill quickly 

We still seem to be living hand to mouth with cash flow issues left right and centre. If it wasn’t for some of the old faces like ED and the Prescot guy chipping in with loans then we would have gone to the wall many times over during Ken’s reign

For me, I can’t see that he has done much more than a consultant such as Trevor Birch would have done had he continued in his position. I certainly don’t see how Ken can ask a great deal more for the club than when he took it on which £1.7m is 

If it wasn’t for KA spinning plates,we could possibly have gone under 2 years ago.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I’m not so sure 

So I can understand your logic but look at it a different way and take Ken’s profit out the equation for a minute. So your argument/point is the club is virtually in same position as when ken took over?

at that time the value of the club , being of  course equal to the the amount that a wiling bidder would pay , was £1. In reality it was more than £1 as some of the debts and creditors needed dealt with and wasn’t a clean slate but that’s pedantics  

Fast forward and again leaving kens share of the sale price out, we believe it’s been agreed to be sold to a seemingly savvy and commercially astute consortium for maybe £27m. They are not buying the club if it’s in the same situation as was when ken took over for a vastly inflated sum. So the inner workings and cash flows must be better than they were and they must see a huge upside in the deal even at the prices quoted. 

Trevor birch would have been paid a huge sum across the period as his is stature in the game  he would also not have put a penny of his money in to even bridge wages or anything  nothing at all. So comparing the two is for me off the mark here 

Again it it boils down to the fact that we never really knew how fucked the club was before ken took over and even now we are all just surmising as to the state of Of the club etc 

but the overwhelming fact is the club is worth today what someone is willing to pay for it. And if that means the greasy sweaty bastard from Monaco trousers £1.7m then so be it if it leaves us in a better position what are we actually moaning about?

I am not pro ken and not anti ken I’m just looking at it subjectively  

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

The difference being he’s not a consultant like Trevor Birch. He’s the owner.

I think you underestimate the car crash in which he took on.

I know he’s the owner, so was ED when he sold it for £1. Are we any further on than then? Not for me 

He’s only managed to ‘spin plates’ as ED has injected money as and when. How’s that much different from where ED was owner and Trevor Birch was the one trying to balance the books? 

Its my opinion of course but I can’t see any reason why the club is in a better state now than it was three years ago. As Mounts says it’s still a car crash, without any investment it appears that we are likely going to go bump. The can has been kicked down the road for three years on the back of Clough, Madine and loans from ED amongst other supporters 

I’m not a Ken hater, I don’t expect him to put any of his own money in or out daft like that but on the flip side I don’t see that he has done enough to turn his £1 investment into £1.7m. If we looked like we were safely going to stay in this league then he would have a case of course 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

but the overwhelming fact is the club is worth today what someone is willing to pay for it. And if that means the greasy sweaty bastard from Monaco trousers £1.7m then so be it if it leaves us in a better position what are we actually moaning about?

Your right, it’s worth what someone will pay, as things stand a deal hasn’t been done so we don’t know. Even if it’s done then we will still probably not get a full breakdown of the deal 

I guess another way to look at it, based on what has been reported is that if Ken doesn’t sell soon then it’s likeky that we will go into admin and an administrator will sell it off without trying to secure £1.7m profit for him. So in effect the new owner could wait for admin and save most of that £1.7m (less costs of administration) but inherit a 12 point deduction. 

In effect you could say Ken is saying give me £1.7m profit or save that and take the points deduction 

• Site Supporter

Ken may have kept the wolf from the door, but the name of the club has been tarnished.

If he can get himself a good pay out, then good for him, but I'll never be convinced he's got anywhere near to making us more sustainable. We all know it's been a tough job, but as birch says, the club doesn't seem to be in any better shape now.

51 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Your right, it’s worth what someone will pay, as things stand a deal hasn’t been done so we don’t know. Even if it’s done then we will still probably not get a full breakdown of the deal 

I guess another way to look at it, based on what has been reported is that if Ken doesn’t sell soon then it’s likeky that we will go into admin and an administrator will sell it off without trying to secure £1.7m profit for him. So in effect the new owner could wait for admin and save most of that £1.7m (less costs of administration) but inherit a 12 point deduction. 

In effect you could say Ken is saying give me £1.7m profit or save that and take the points deduction 

Absolutely correct. He pushes every thing to the limits. It’s his nature and there are thousands out there in business just like him. Only the ones who know when enough is enough come out unscathed. Kenneth will hopefully get what’s coming to him at some point but let’s hope that’s on another investment and not our club 

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ken may have kept the wolf from the door, but the name of the club has been tarnished.

Whilst I get that view and have said it myself in the past I’m now completely of the belief that every Cnut in the football world are in it for themselves anyway 

Ken’s just another one in a long long line of devious, underhanded characters who would sell their own mother to get ahead 

whilst his own reputation may not be recoverable the other self progressing fuckers who want to milk a football club for all its worth will quickly forget what went on when the new fellas start delivering the readies as agreed. The club will be fine