Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

After reading that it seems its still early days and is not legally binding so I do not expect a quick resolution.   

Not legally binding, but says costs agreed etc. If he wants out and has agreed a price then I feel it won't be too long.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Heads of terms being signed is a big thing. Usually means agreement in principle on how to treat the big ticket items. The rest should just be smaller negotiations either way.

58 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

After reading that it seems its still early days and is not legally binding so I do not expect a quick resolution.   

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

So someowhere in middle then?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Short & to the point not like Ken at all although he did flatten the Turkish & Russian rumours thankfully.

We live in hope......

This. I quite liked his statement for a change as it was more "statesmanlike" as I would expect from someone in his position.

Fingers crossed.

I know all about rumours but fwiw i heard that an agreement had been reached between a consortium (with a local connection) £27 million mentioned as purchase price. After set to be announced Sweaty came back and said he expected the new buyers to foot the corporation tax on the deal again a figure of £400k indicated. Consortium said no and gave ken 10 days to reconsider or they abandon deal altogether. They gambling ken needs to sell now as more loans/wages/bills due soon and that he would come back to them.Friday last ken asked for talks to resume. 

Could all be bollocks but think its getting to shit or get off the pot time

Source has been named on WW before but not as prospective buyer but usually reliable tbf

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

maybe not, but I don't expect any more rallying calls on his column or for him to come to a (home) match again

18 minutes ago, snowball said:

I know all about rumours but fwiw i heard that an agreement had been reached between a consortium (with a local connection) £27 million mentioned as purchase price. After set to be announced Sweaty came back and said he expected the new buyers to foot the corporation tax on the deal again a figure of £400k indicated. Consortium said no and gave ken 10 days to reconsider or they abandon deal altogether. They gambling ken needs to sell now as more loans/wages/bills due soon and that he would come back to them.Friday last ken asked for talks to resume. 

Could all be bollocks but think its getting to shit or get off the pot time

Source has been named on WW before but not as prospective buyer but usually reliable tbf

I’m pro Kenneth but if he’s gambling this deal over a £400k tax bill he needs to sort his head out. 

38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I’m pro Kenneth but if he’s gambling this deal over a £400k tax bill he needs to sort his head out. 

Not sure how this got out if there were NDAs in place but if the corporation tax were £400k it would imply a pre-tax gain of £2.1m for Inner Circle Investments.

I wouldn't begrudge KA summat for his efforts (Holdsworth got a lot for nowt) but I hope the 'investors' stick to their guns.

Edited by Chris Custodiet