Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Nightmare

Zico

Could be worse if the coach was that Barry Bennell.

:)

In all seriousness I was in Thailand when the lads first went missing. I really didn't expect they would find them alive - and seemingly in good spirits. Must be anguish for the parents - but can you imagine the elation at knowing they were safe.

Based on my extensive experience of once potholing for a day in Wookey Hole - I reckon they'd be better the wait for the flood waters to subside than try and teach them to dive their way out.

• Site Supporter

I've been studying your avatar for some time now and would like to announce the following statement:

Boobies

Absolutely Fookin marvellous aren't they. Better than the spaniel's ears.

If she was walking up the road whilst I was driving there'd definitely be an increased crash risk

Absolutely Fookin marvellous aren't they. Better than the spaniel's ears.

If she was walking up the road whilst I was driving there'd definitely be an increased crash risk

Not half, phew, getting a sweat on here!

haven't a clue who it is mind but she looks like she would drain me to prune like levels (not so keen on the short bob though but I'd let it slide) :) 

Not half, phew, getting a sweat on here!

haven't a clue who it is mind but she looks like she would drain me to prune like levels (not so keen on the short bob though but I'd let it slide) :)

She’s a mate of mine from Daubhill....told her to be careful walking about round there like that......she needs to use Factor 50....

She walks down St Helens Road into town everyday at 10-30......

One of the divers has died trying to rescue them

Blimey,and he's a professional as well, shows how dangerous the whole situation really is. I hope this doesn't end as badly is it looks like it could. Are the flood waters still rising ?

Blimey,and he's a professional as well, shows how dangerous the whole situation really is. I hope this doesn't end as badly is it looks like it could. Are the flood waters still rising ?

They pumped water back in by mistake yesterday ffs

Edited by L/H White

Re the OP question: 

I have a bizarre fear of being stranded in the middle of the ocean.  Nothing and no-one for God knows how far and a dark watery abyss below where everything is waiting to take a chomp out of you, dead or alive . . . shivers

That lass that was half sucked out of the plane window a while back was pretty grim.

Was it on here recently about those English divers (80's) in Scandinavia who were basically sucked through a pipe due to pressure when diving off a rig.  My word, I had a google and the pictures are ones I now wish I hadn't seen .

Re the OP question:

Was it on here recently about those English divers (80's) in Scandinavia who were basically sucked through a pipe due to pressure when diving off a rig. My word, I had a google and the pictures are ones I now wish I hadn't seen .

Feck me that made for grim reading. I've never heard that story before. Googling Scandinavian and sucking yielded some interesting stuff mind

Feck me that made for grim reading. I've never heard that story before. Googling Scandinavian and sucking yielded some interesting stuff mind

Horrible isn't it - they say it would have been instantaneous but even so . . .

Sure I read that a chap wearing one of the early diving suits was completely sucked back through the air pipe when someone on land reversed the pressure.  Like that scene out of Under the Skin . . .

As for the last bit that's purely for the fuzzy tingle times

Edited by madthatter

Horrible isn't it - they say it would have been instantaneous but even so . . .

Sure I read that a chap wearing one of the early diving suits was completely sucked back through the air pipe when someone on land reversed the pressure. Like that scene out of Under the Skin . . .

As for the last bit that's purely for the fuzzy tingle times

Link

Link

Can't find a link for the diver but sure I read it in Bill Bryson's History of Everything and iirc MythBusters did a thing on it as well.

Pressure change was so fast their fat separated from their blood . . .

Edited by madthatter

Here's a link of the naked Scarlett Johannson scenes as well, just for laughs :)

https://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jihad/scarlett-johansson-skin-nude-scene-hd-brightened

I'll say that discovering she had a robotic twodge just as you're about to enter her would also be top of my worst nightmare list

Edited by madthatter