Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Alf

superjohnmcginlay

A little understanding needs to be applied S. If you lived in a terraced house in Halliwellistan and some jammy bugger lives in Mullaloo watching the sun set on the Indian Ocean from his balcony whilst sipping a long G&T, wouldn't you fire barbs?

DIfferent for you in your up market 'burb matey  ;)

You're such a tit.

Not lived in Halliwell since I was 11. Not lived in Bolton since I was 18.

Of course Mounts :blum: . Every bullshit post is "fishing" after the event.

I knew you’d be right on it.???? once again for those folk hard of thinking I’m 100% behind Ken and Lee they are doing a very decent job for the club, long may that continue, however that does not mean I will support everything they do or say and I’ll reserve my final judgement until the day they leave the club.

And by the way it wasn’t a bullshit post the point stands why has LA not thanked Alf? I’ll guess he’s less than best pleased.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Good luck to the lad

Players come and go it's not the end of the world

I couldn't give 2 fucks about the timing, the club did it before he did it, if they hadn't all the moaning fuckers would be up in arms, so they can't win either way

Get over it and move on because i certainly will

Good luck to the lad

Players come and go it's not the end of the world

I couldn't give 2 fucks about the timing, the club did it before he did it, if they hadn't all the moaning fuckers would be up in arms, so they can't win either way

Get over it and move on because i certainly will

In one.

The story was breaking, so Bolton broke it.

I find the hero worship some are indulging with on twitter really odd. Apparently he was the only reason we went up and stayed up. In spite of the fact he wasn't top scorer across the two seasons.

He was a good player for us and contributed well. But so did others who have gone. 

He didn't really fit into our team for this league and whilst his goalscoring ability is never in question, how you use it definitely was. He wasn't being chased by championship sides. I find it ironic that the same fans were clamouring for Garner, a player who would have relegated ALF even further from the 1st team.

Decent player who served us well. But the "we didn't get to say goodbye" stuff is way overboard IMO. 

To me he will be remembered as an owen coyle type cult figure ...pre management obviously.

Had a catchy song, scored some important goals and always put a shift in. But never quite made it as a legend. Just fondly remembered.

I find the hero worship some are indulging with on twitter really odd. Apparently he was the only reason we went up and stayed up. In spite of the fact he wasn't top scorer across the two seasons.

He was a good player for us and contributed well. But so did others who have gone. 

He didn't really fit into our team for this league and whilst his goalscoring ability is never in question, how you use it definitely was. He wasn't being chased by championship sides. I find it ironic that the same fans were clamouring for Garner, a player who would have relegated ALF even further from the 1st team.

Decent player who served us well. But the "we didn't get to say goodbye" stuff is way overboard IMO. 

This

To me he will be remembered as an owen coyle type cult figure ...pre management obviously.

Had a catchy song, scored some important goals and always put a shift in. But never quite made it as a legend. Just fondly remembered.

And this

I've never felt the urge / need to say goodbye to a player

and if you wanted to, you could tweet him whatever farewell message you felt like

There are plenty I’d like to have said goodbye to!