Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phil Parkinson

Mounts Kipper

30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s got to find a tweek  to his tactics and formation at home to find wins,  but the current away record is fine.  Now is not the time to get rid of the best manager we’ve had since Sam.

The trouble is we don’t have the personnel to change much. We have 3 big lumps as attacking options.

folk are calling for oztumer but I’m not sure what use he’d be threading balls through to any of our strikers unless he’s pushed more forward to play off them. I’ve not seen enough of him to know if he’s good enough to do that. 

We just seem so reliant on ameobi.

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The trouble is we don’t have the personnel to change much. We have 3 big lumps as attacking options.

folk are calling for oztumer but I’m not sure what use he’d be threading balls through to any of our strikers unless he’s pushed more forward to play off them. I’ve not seen enough of him to know if he’s good enough to do that. 

And there for me is the issue. Ameobi isn't that good. Looks to have all the ability but far too often not enough end product. Great when he does but as he said in interview, Parky wants him into the box more and for me he doesn't make enough runs without the ball.

For the team to be reliant on him is wrong. The likes of oztumer give another option which may free up a bit more space for ameobi to exploit.

Whichever way we discuss formations, until the players pass the ball to each other better we'll struggle.

Setting off to not get beaten is painful to watch.

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

And there for me is the issue. Ameobi isn't that good. Looks to have all the ability but far too often not enough end product. Great when he does but as he said in interview, Parky wants him into the box more and for me he doesn't make enough runs without the ball.

For the team to be reliant on him is wrong. The likes of oztumer give another option which may free up a bit more space for ameobi to exploit.

Whichever way we discuss formations, until the players pass the ball to each other better we'll struggle.

Setting off to not get beaten is painful to watch.

Agree with most of that. Ameobi is inconsistent. Unplayable on his day but he doesn't have his day often enough which is why he's playing for us.

Oztumer does look class but he will need a run of games before we will properly know how good he is and at home at least we need to find a place in the side for him.

Given our great start, Parky had an opportunity to be a little more adventurous in games we have subsequently lost anyway. That opportunity is rapidly ebbing away as we now need any result again to get us back on track.

8 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s like with Parkinson when the heads go down that’s it,

we get a great battling point at pne and you think with the break we would be fired up for qpr far from

Not really a normal week before QPR though.

Administration threat, death of former owner, player retiring through motor neurone disease. 

Do you not cut him any slack for that ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2018 at 09:09, gonzo said:

Well you got that one a bit wrong.

On 29/09/2018 at 20:07, ZicoKelly said:

Said I'd give him 10 games

Happy overall so far

He can have another 10

Years? The man deserves whatever he wants. What he's done for the club is absolutely huge. The fact anyone would suggest we should even be considering his position astounds me. Very few managers who have come through the last two years, most would have worked, or crumbled Lennon style. Even Mourinho with his 300M plus budget cannot cope with a few trying off-field circumstances.

Parky might not being some flamboyant character. He might prefer pragmatism to entertainment or wanky "projects". But he's saved this football club. The lack of appreciation for the job he's done from some of our fanbase is absolute nonsense. In my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Years? The man deserves whatever he wants. What he's done for the club is absolutely huge. The fact anyone would suggest we should even be considering his position astounds me. Very few managers who have come through the last two years, most would have worked, or crumbled Lennon style. Even Mourinho with his 300M plus budget cannot cope with a few trying off-field circumstances.

Parky might not being some flamboyant character. He might prefer pragmatism to entertainment or wanky "projects". But he's saved this football club. The lack of appreciation for the job he's done from some of our fanbase is absolute nonsense. In my opinion. 

Totally agree. I think it is quite likely we would now be struggling in league 1/2 without PP and his team. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

tumblr_nz7uufbc5n1uctmgoo1_500.gif

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Members
3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

The man really isn’t by cup of tea however top marks so far and may it continue 

He’s brought in some decent players and utilising them well 

ok we will get smashed now and again but he’s going in the right direction 

Which, in our current financial situation, is both commendable and more than we could have really hoped for.

Surprised and delighted with our early season results. No doubt there will be those who want to pick the fly shit out of pepper and whinge about the QPR result or similar but I will be concentrating on the good results we have had like Derby at home and WBA away.

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Which, in our current financial situation, is both commendable and more than we could have really hoped for.

Surprised and delighted with our early season results. No doubt there will be those who want to pick the fly shit out of pepper and whinge about the QPR result or similar but I will be concentrating on the good results we have had like Derby at home and WBA away.

Those 2 games have been the two best performances/results of the season thus far.

What did they have in common? A willingness to attack in the first half where/when possible, leading to an early goal. This meant we've beaten two of the better teams in the league and must surely show Parky the way the team needs to evolve.