Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

I’m doing it week after next 👍🏼

Nice one,

we did it backwards and went up the west coast and finished coming down the east was really good, And wasn’t that busy really

be warned the midges along the north coast are horrible stayed around tongue for a night and in the morning they are out in swarms  

1 hour ago, Werder barmen said:

Nice one,

we did it backwards and went up the west coast and finished coming down the east was really good, And wasn’t that busy really

be warned the midges along the north coast are horrible stayed around tongue for a night and in the morning they are out in swarms  

Yeah I’m staying in tongue as well for a night. They don’t bother me midges at all but they terrorize the missus so I’ve warned her to be prepared. 

just hope we get fair weather 

• Members

A week in the Pilbara next week. Just me and the missus. High twenties Celsius, unbeatable seafood, extraordinary scenery and wildlife (all the bouganvillea of different shades in bloom and masses of various parrots avoiding the winter climes further south).

Wish it was for a month but too hectic in the iron ore industry at present having to make up the shortfall from Brazil what with Vale being crippled by the Covid situation.

You won't have to put up with me next week and I shall be thinking of you all whilst sipping a Moscow Mule on Cossack beach. Honest.

Edited by bolty58

3 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

A week in the Pilbara next week. Just me and the missus. High twenties Celsius, unbeatable seafood, extraordinary scenery and wildlife (all the bouganvillea of different shades in bloom and masses of various parrots avoiding the winter climes further south).

Wish it was for a month but too hectic in the iron ore industry at present having to make up the shortfall from Brazil what with Vale being crippled by the Covid situation.

You won't have to put up with me next week and I shall be thinking of you all whilst sipping a Moscow Mule on Cossack beach. Honest.

From "covid stricken" Victoria I'm envious, enjoy. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Cheers pal. Staying in East Gippsland which has the grand total of 1 active case. Numbers coming down now so hopefully over the worst. 

Hope so mate. We've been very good over here. If it wasn't for cruise ships we'd have been almost completely free of it.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Yeah I’m staying in tongue as well for a night. They don’t bother me midges at all but they terrorize the missus so I’ve warned her to be prepared. 

I reckon you've been genetically modified. Downside is vaccines bugger you up.

Let us know about your trip. Spoke to a lady doing the road trip soon too. Seems a bit of a thing to do.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Definitely. My lad flies back from Crete on Saturday, lands in Manchester at around half past midnight on the Sunday morning. What’s the betting that midnight becomes the cut off?

One of the place in the suns this week ended in gouves

Should be on catch up

18 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Lord tea bag slumming it in a caravan eh

had a look other day and some caravan parks ain’t cheap to say the least 

Depends what you want and where it is. If you're good for a few nights without electric then its lovely and cheap. On sites with full amenities then it can get pricey, the main cost is the outlay on gear. Taken us a few years to get full week kit (8 man blow up beam tent, full kitchen etc) and weekend stuff (smaller tents, decent and small gas hobs) 

The good thing about down South is that the weather is generally better so the season is longer, next week it'll only by 20/22 but at night you don't get that bite you get up north and we'll go on booking places into October.

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Depends what you want and where it is. If you're good for a few nights without electric then its lovely and cheap. On sites with full amenities then it can get pricey, the main cost is the outlay on gear. Taken us a few years to get full week kit (8 man blow up beam tent, full kitchen etc) and weekend stuff (smaller tents, decent and small gas hobs) 

The good thing about down South is that the weather is generally better so the season is longer, next week it'll only by 20/22 but at night you don't get that bite you get up north and we'll go on booking places into October.

Kids been chewing my ear to go camping my only reservation is getting all the gear and then it gets dumped in the garage after being used once and like you say won’t be cheap

its certainly an option though and no doubt some lovely places to go 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Kids been chewing my ear to go camping my only reservation is getting all the gear and then it gets dumped in the garage after being used once and like you say won’t be cheap

Blacks do some decent deals I found 

23 hours ago, Escobarp said:

this is what it was like in tongue 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

why don't you get a couple of the quecha pop up tents. We use them for weekend stuff. Camp is up in 15 mins. £30 for a two man I think. Worth getting some camping windbreaks as well - only £15. Give you some privacy.

Its the cooking gear that can cost you, but campingaz do a range of decent grill stoves. Small gas cannister just clips on the bottom. Ours should have been bout £120 but there was a small dent so got it for £20. Poundland do decent kettles, water bags, groundsheets for your first time out and tesco do cheap camping chairs. Get a small folding table from go outdoors, cheap cutlery set from wilko and you're away.

And pack loads of fucking noddles if with kids - cheap and helps fill them up as a snack.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We got all the gear for a few weekends with my lads football team parents

Used about half a dozen times

Daughter lost the tent at a festival but you are welcome to use any of the equipment we have in the garage

Let me know if you want me to see what we have got

Theres definitely a stove

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Camping is fucking shit. Don’t do it