Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Derby

miamiwhite

Been a bogey team as long as I can remember, sure we were on live telly at Baseball Ground in 90s in that red/blue striped kit and got pumped that day too.

Great moment when Gardner (happy 40th today too) scored that screamer against them in first season back up, only for us to lose 3-1 and look certain to go back down

12 hours ago, tomski said:

A few of us are away this weekend watching Hamburg v St Pauli I've passed my ticket on but if any of the others haven't, I'll ask and fire over the CR's

Agree on score as well. Sadly I fear it will play out much like last seasons fixture. Prove me wrong whites

12 hours ago, jules_darby said:

I’m away in Beefa on a conference thingy; let me check to see if my Dad has promised my seat to anyone. If not it’s all yours pal.

I fancy a return to winning ways. 2-1 to the Wanderers

Erm, what I just said... 

(Must embrace change)

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

There’s only Fulham I can think of that come close to this lot in terms of I don’t think I’ve encountered a single joyous moment involving them bar the goals in the draw during that first season at the reebok. 

The only game worthy of remembering was the 1976 1/4 final what a night. 

• Site Supporter

Sadly, can't see anything other than another dullard defeat.

For the first time at a match against QPR lad was really getting into it, actually said it's getting tense this, as we pulled one back. A bit of attacking play works wonders.

He came away convinced he was a bad omen!

9 hours ago, captainmed said:

Based on PP complaining about Sheff Utd not playing the mid-week before playing us and Ipswich getting more rest by a day, then this weekends game should now be a home banker. 

Spot on mate. I fear it won't be as big an issue for derby in September 

23 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Been a bogey team as long as I can remember, sure we were on live telly at Baseball Ground in 90s in that red/blue striped kit and got pumped that day too.

Great moment when Gardner (happy 40th today too) scored that screamer against them in first season back up, only for us to lose 3-1 and look certain to go back down

Same day Gabiadini broke simon Coleman’s leg. 

Last decent result I can remember against these lot is in 1981/82 after the QPR debacle on the plastic pitch.

won 3-2, last minute goal for us from either Wayne Foster or Chris Thompson IIRC...could even actually have even been Dave Hoggan.

beat Sheff Weds the Saturday after to stay where we are rooted now.

burnden was heaving that Tuesday night, a good 5,000 on.

43 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Last decent result I can remember against these lot is in 1981/82 after the QPR debacle on the plastic pitch.

won 3-2, last minute goal for us from either Wayne Foster or Chris Thompson IIRC...could even actually have even been Dave Hoggan.

beat Sheff Weds the Saturday after to stay where we are rooted now.

burnden was heaving that Tuesday night, a good 5,000 on.

We had a great win in 1985 against them when Charlie Wright was caretaker manager. I think it was 3-1 and sealed his appointment on a full time basis. Full time whistle also signalled a pitch invasion from the Burnden Paddock