Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull away

radcliffe white

Not sure about the lack of quality angle everyone keeps using

Parkinson got out of gaol last season,started well this season then started messing with team selection at Stoke when we had kept 4 clean sheets in a row bringing in Wilson,from that moment on he hasn't known what his best team is

His tactics are so defensive,the ball is always in the air and the statistics speak for themselves

the only question I have is who signed the players like Grounds,Donaldson,Wilson,Buckley,Williams who have not produced was it Parky or Anderson

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

I was angry at 4 and 5. By 6 they weren’t even worth the anger. If they can’t be arsed then why should I. Parky was great in League One (from January onwards), performed wonders last year (by the skin of his teeth) and it’s a minor miracle that we aren’t cast adrift at the bottom this season, but there really isn’t a way back for him after today. More worrying is who on Earth comes in or more to the point who would want to?

I go along with much of what you say Matt but no way was Parky great at any point in league one. It was dire for the most part. It felt like we got promoted on the back of that freakish start when we still had mark Davies, the Christmas period and the run of games when Morais kept assisting. Think Tom Thorpe, Trotter and Wilkinson.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I go along with much of what you say Matt but no way was Parky great at any point in league one. It was dire for the most part. It felt like we got promoted on the back of that freakish start when we still had mark Davies, the Christmas period and the run of games when Morais kept assisting. Think Tom Thorpe, Trotter and Wilkinson.

That’s where my ‘January onwards’ disclaimer comes in. Scoring four goals for three consecutive games (two of them being lengthy midweek trips to Oxford and Gillingham) was ace. Would take us 20 games to score that many now. 

We’re up to our nostrils in shit that’s 100% certain without investment we’ll be in admin was Jans money runs out ..... we might limp on if we sell Vela get a decent cup draw etc but without Sheik al Macwallet it’s when not if.

IMO the squad is better than last year and therefore should be doing better they’re worse so it’s Parkes fault he’s now going backwards whatever club circumstance that’s a pre-requisite to get rid has to be

24 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Odd thing was; the bingo machine wasn’t present for the starting line up today.

just when you’d expect a bit of rotation after games in a short period.

KA, PP, the players....they ALL need to be held accountable 

He needs to explain Oz for Wilson at half time. That change handed them the game. 

2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

In theory, at 1down at half time, chucking on a creative midfielder for a defensive m/f is sensible enough.......in practice it was disastrous.

You have to question Parkys thought process throwing Otzumer on in a difficult away game and at half time when hes failed to even pick or bring on Otzumer for home games when it’s been tight. 

2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

In theory, at 1down at half time, chucking on a creative midfielder for a defensive m/f is sensible enough.......in practice it was disastrous.

After the change we had Doige uo front supported by Sami and Donaldson 

Oz behind to ‘open up the game’. Could argue he succeeded in that. 

This left 2 in midfield Vela and O’neill Who got totally over run  Vela is not a central mudfield player simple as  

Sick of hearing him highlight the quality of the other team. Yes we know the majority of teams have more quality than us but begs the question, why set out so defensively week in week out? Surely your accepting the fact your going to be under pressure time after time and the majority of teams will punish you. It’s fucking madness 

last 10 games, 22 shots on target, 6 goals and 6 points. Conceded 16. 

The 2 games where we’ve shown a degree of intent recently we got 4 points. It isn’t fucking rocket science to me. Yet we ship goals for fun in spite of being so defensive yet Parkinson can’t see it. 

Setting up to not concede and hoping his attackers “produce a bit of magic” isn’t a fucking tactic. It’s a hope and prayer job

He has no idea on how to challenge, break down and beat teams regularly at this level. It’s embarrassing. We either beat the equally shit teams around us and even then make that look like a struggle or grab something from the others who are having an off day. You’ll never accumulate enough points over the season to save you. 

He won’t change, it won’t change until Ken makes a change. It might not work but can  it be any worse than it is now? Not a chance 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

After the change we had Doige uo front supported by Sami and Donaldson 

Oz behind to ‘open up the game’. Could argue he succeeded in that. 

This left 2 in midfield Vela and O’neill Who got totally over run  Vela is not a central mudfield player simple as  

Then you need to question the person who set them up that way.

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You have to question Parkys thought process throwing Otzumer on in a difficult away game and at half time when hes failed to even pick or bring on Otzumer for home games when it’s been tight. 

Agree with this, if he didn't think he'd suit a game against Rotherham home or away what did he think he'd be capable of away at Hull and a goal down. Or against anyone for that matter if that's the case.

Just making it up as he goes along hoping something sticks.

Phil will bemoan the attacking change. No Phil from 1 to 11 the team we were wank. Oztumers influence on this defeat? No more than anyone elses. He will never try an attacking sub again. Well done everyone at the club from top to bottom a real team effort today.

They were there for the taking again in the first twenty but I'm glad we didn't have a go as according to Phil it would of been 12-0.

• Site Supporter

Oz on at halftime wasn't the issue.  It was Oz on for Wilson that was the issue. 
If youre chucking on an all out attacking player like that (for all the will in the world he's no chance at the other end of the pitch) you need to keep it tight.

Take off an attacking player having no effect at all on the game, there were a few to choose from but let's be honest, there was one in particular.

Two good things about today: 

A walk round Beverley en route and a good pint in the White Horse (cracking old pub if you've never been)

Finding a good parking spot and getting away that easily I was back having my tea in Royton by 6.45

That's it I'm afraid. A humiliating capitulation against a modest team who, while having a handy front four and one top class operator (on his day) in Grosicki, were not, Phil, choc full of world class strikers

3 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Oz on at halftime wasn't the issue.  It was Oz on for Wilson that was the issue. 
If youre chucking on an all out attacking player like that (for all the will in the world he's no chance at the other end of the pitch) you need to keep it tight.

Take off an attacking player having no effect at all on the game, there were a few to choose from but let's be honest, there was one in particular.

I'd say Donaldson not being able hit a barn door probably played a part or our useless defending (the first one) where Bowen fell over yet we still let him get up then pass to free man was another issue.

I agree it may of had a bearing on the landslide to a degree and you are right to point a system issue over personnel but from top to bottom they all played their part.

PPs interview after was predictable and again no accountability taken, he in facts looks the previous 2 great performances that I cant remember and explains the players were spent. Take some ownership. No one at bwfc does.