Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Last two published accounts showed that it was losing money.

why have 1 company losing money, and 1 making money?

you dont. you shift the profits to the other losing company.

basic accounting.

internally the hotel is successful, with potential. this is a fucking fact with a big fucking cherry on. i cant say why i know this. but i do

Edited by HomerJay

1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

why have 1 company losing money, and 1 making money?

you dont. you shift the profits to the other losing company.

basic accounting.

internally the hotel is successful. this is a fucking fact with a big fucking cherry on.

I think this is true. The club were using the hotel's facilities for free and this has somewhat hidden the true accounting picture. 

I don't think though that the hotel is successful enough for huge demand - suspect something is going on there. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think this is true. The club were using the hotel's facilities for free and this has somewhat hidden the true accounting picture. 

I don't think though that the hotel is successful enough for huge demand - suspect something is going on there. 

the hotel can provide the stadium with kiosks, catering and other facilities. easy money from the football world.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Gonk said:

If it is run as two separate businesses, does the hotel own the Premier suite? Otherwise it has no exhibition or conference spaces

Probably rents space from club. Hence invoices going both ways . The charge will be nominal as it could be argued it's dead space 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It feels like the situation is not in the hands of people who really care that much about a football club. 

Rest assured Michael James cares about BWFC ,he's been a supporter for a long time.

He likes to go about his business quietly.

Glad to have him on board,all being well.

11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Rest assured Michael James cares about BWFC ,he's been a supporter for a long time.

He likes to go about his business quietly.

Glad to have him on board,all being well.

I know that. But the hotel is not totally in James’ power. 

• Site Supporter

They’re buying a hotel and a football club that both lose money.

its not like they’re buying a tin of fucking beans from the co-op.

Until FV come out and say what’s happening, it’s happening.

the season starting next week is simply poor timing for what is ultimately a complex business transaction.

Edited by Spider

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

They’re buying a hotel and a football club that both lose money.

its not like they’re buying a tin of fucking beans from the co-op.

Until FV come out and say what’s happening, it’s happening.

the season starting next week is simply poor timing for what is ultimately a complex business transaction.

This.

If KA had put us into Admin 6 months ago,this deal would already be sorted and we'd all be looking forward to the new season.

7 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Mysteriously missing eh?

I suspect KA did pay himself something in 2017/18 as a reward for selling Madine for a small fortune, persuading Blumarble to accept £1m less and the club getting another year's Championship income but that 's not the reason the accounts are missing. Big problem over 'going concern' issues and auditors being unpaid are two rather more significant matters.

Could it be that Mr Maguire is another 'pot stirrer' in the Iles, Conn mould?

I may have missed something here but it appears to me that the management accounts have been quoted for 18-19 but not 17-18.

So while your points regarding going concern and auditors remuneration are valid in respect of published accounts for 17-18, I can't see how these issues would impact on the availability of management accounts for 17-18. 

Does it not seem odd to you that the most recent annual management accounts are available but the prior year isn't? 

Why do some people on here insist on trying to tell people what they should or shouldn’t say? You know who you are, yes you lot “The Usual Suspects”.

if you tried that nonsense down the pub you’d get a deserved slap..

1 hour ago, Ros Coe said:

Why do some people on here insist on trying to tell people what they should or shouldn’t say? You know who you are, yes you lot “The Usual Suspects”.

'Cos 'The Usual Suspects' have Crabs

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ros Coe said:

You’ve got VD

1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I may have missed something here but it appears to me that the management accounts have been quoted for 18-19 but not 17-18.

So while your points regarding going concern and auditors remuneration are valid in respect of published accounts for 17-18, I can't see how these issues would impact on the availability of management accounts for 17-18. 

Does it not seem odd to you that the most recent annual management accounts are available but the prior year isn't? 

Did someone say they are not? Probably submitted yonks ago to EFL.

Iles, McGuire and Conn all seem to be close to the Fake News business. No prizes for guessing what else they might have in common.

1 minute ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Did someone say they are not? Probably submitted yonks ago to EFL.

Iles, McGuire and Conn all seem to be close to the Fake News business. No prizes for guessing what else they might have in common.

The table in para 3.2 summarises audited accounts for the three years to end of June 17. 

Para 3.3 references a loss of £4.2m in the management accounts for the year to end of June 19.

I can't see any reference to 17-18 management accounts. Which I think is odd. Don't you agree? 

47 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Funny how it all went frantic on Monday with sky reporting a deal was close, just as Bassini was doing his little piece outside the ground.

There was also news on several players on trial that suddenly broke at the same time.

Funny that. 

23 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

The table in para 3.2 summarises audited accounts for the three years to end of June 17. 

Para 3.3 references a loss of £4.2m in the management accounts for the year to end of June 19.

I can't see any reference to 17-18 management accounts. Which I think is odd. Don't you agree? 

I do think that's odd. Very odd. There are a few things that are odd. As a qualified accountant you will know that its IMPOSSIBLE to produce reliable 2019 management accounts without producing reliable management accounts for 2018. Do you agree?

• Site Supporter

Kieran Maguire was complaining that the admins have charged £372.00 an hour.

What he wouldn’t answer - and I asked him - was how many people were working on it for that money.

Lets say it’s 20 people. Which I think is underestimating anyway.

Thats £18.50 an hour per person, most of whom will be graduates and professional types who have earned the right to charge that and more besides.

Im only guessing of course, but this Maguire seems to think they should do it for fuck all because other people have run a business into the bog.

He really need to focus his displeasure at Ken and the various other figures that have caused this.

It’s looking increasingly unlikely that this takeover will happen either before the EFL deadline (if that is tomorrow) or even before the season begins, would a failure to finalise the deal mean we’re not included in this seasons league or is there a way we can take our place in the league while in Admin? ;were blackpool in admin for part of the last couple of seasons? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper