Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

No matter how desperately we want to get out of this mess the facts are there about Bassini. If he takes charge on his own funds we’re back where we are now in less than 9 months.

The guy is Walter Mitty on crack ...... it’s not his fault he’s got a serious personality disorder and he’s taking us all with him.

if he’s ken or some Thai crack dealers puppet it’s not far off the same as Spazzy Daz being asked to show his arse to the away end while the paddock chuckled away

if Howard’s done nowt else he’s shone a floodlight on just how filthy football is - he’s done a much better job than panorama 

Edited by onlyoneawalker

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If he can’t provide proof then we are in the shit

because Howard’s mob aren’t stepping up. If that was still a possibility she’d be lingering around. But, she’s flashed her gash and fooked off 

🤣🤣🤣

If Bassini is telling the truth and he's using his own funds, it seems there's only a few options.

1. He's telling the truth and he's made a fuck load of money somehow.

2. He's lying and working with KA/PA to still try and push one of the other interested parties into an offer. Wouldn't need any backers.

3. His backers don't want to be associated with him until it's confirmed. Can't blame them for not wanting to publicly be linked with him when it might not even happen. Either that or they're more dodgy than he is so want to keep it quiet until it's done. 

If Howards right and one of the supposed consortium has links with Seattle Sounders , could this chap be one of the consortium, hes invested in Cambridge United has a big interest in football and also has a venture capital company, so ticks a lot of boxes.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Hanauer

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

Definitely potential that they've taken the money. But there is absolutely no need for Bassini to pay it until Tuesday if he's so close to completing.

Howard doesn't mention them potentially taking the shares, so there could be a deal. May just be he doesn't see it reaching that point.

You might well be right.

My thinking though is why would H concede at this stage unless the money has been paid in full £8m (maybe even more?) or they've been paid a consideration to delay until Bassini's money is finally in place (which would I guess be after the 14 day notice had expired - otherwise they would have taken the shares and put ICI into Admin as H stated would have happened?).

If they haven't received the £8m and assuming Bassari can't get his money before next Tuesday, then why are they not enforcing the 14 days and conceding now unless it is in their own interest which I assume would be a payment to delay the 14 day notice?

I haven't a clue really just guessing.

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If Howards right and one of the supposed consortium has links with Seattle Sounders , could this chap be one of the consortium, hes invested in Cambridge United has a big interest in football and also has a venture capital company, so ticks a lot of boxes.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Hanauer

OOh so close.  I thought it was going to be this bloke.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Cronauer  The PA might be more interesting.

18 minutes ago, onlyoneawalker said:

No matter how desperately we want to get out of this mess the facts are there about Bassini. If he takes charge on his own funds we’re back where we are now in less than 9 months.

I don't know how much money he does or doesn't have access to, so difficult to comment on how long it'll take us to be back where we are now

However, of the choice is limp along for another 9 months, or be liquidated, then I'll go for another 9 months, and hope something else comes along

Believe it or not, there are some móngs on Twitter, who are saying they would rather we were liquidated than have Bassini in charge......proper nobbers

2 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

You might well be right.

My thinking though is why would H concede at this stage unless the money has been paid in full £8m (maybe even more?) or they've been paid a consideration to delay until Bassini's money is finally in place (which would I guess be after the 14 day notice had expired - otherwise they would have taken the shares and put ICI into Admin as H stated would have happened?).

If they haven't received the £8m and assuming Bassari can't get his money before next Tuesday, then why are they not enforcing the 14 days and conceding now unless it is in their own interest which I assume would be a payment to delay the 14 day notice?

I haven't a clue really just guessing.

Well H himself said money needs to be transferred by 1530. So I assume we will know of a deal or not soon. Otherwise it's over to monday again and very close to the share recall option.

Maybe he'll be back on here to explain their position if we hear nothing.

Another thought is that Hs lot have told him to keep quiet as if Bassini does not do certain things their share option kicks in. He came on here because they wanted certain things publicising. It is not crazy to think he has gone as they want things kept quiet for a while. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

3 year plan to get us into the prem? I reckon it'll cost him about 100 million - and he's not even allowed to spend that much even if he's got it - which he's not.

This.

Grandiose statements are all well and good, but there are no guarantees. Plenty of clubs to look at for that.

Right now I'd settle for paying bills and players, a little for spending on some new players, and investment in youth.

Get more kids coming through and use this to generate income to make us genuinely sustainable.

And an owner not being such a cock about everything.

27 minutes ago, Daveh said:

Sorry chaps, that’s the most cringeworthy interview I’ve heard for a long time.

‘His love and affection for the club’

Watford captain phoned him to say ‘You’re the best owner we’ve ever had’

He appeared at the Watford training ground most days ‘the money side doesn’t interest me that much’ - f*ck me it should, you’re the owner!!

Who knows what the future holds for our club, but this was embarrassing...…

I agree entirely - this interview was cringeworthy but to be fair to him he was ambushed at his birthday bash by talksport so he didn't exactly look for the publicity.

However when he stated the investment millions where all his own, the bull shit started to flow as fast as the plonk he was quaffing.

If my hunch is wrong and he turns out to the buyer lets hope "One of Londons biggest property firms" who he says he's made  millions with is David and Simon Reuben who were not long since sniffing round St James park.

Lots of intelligent comments from you lot today!

If what Howard says is true about Ken reading the forum, it gave me some light relief, laughing at the fact Ken will have seen everyone calling him "sweaty" and a "CUNT".

Agree entirely with the cynicism of Bassini's funds. How's he going to pay off 30 mill, and fund the club into the prem without breaking Financial Fairplay?

As for the looming embargo, I reckon Ken will last minute pay the players to avoid that. Although I might be giving him too much credit.

H could well still be playing the game and stepping back as a ploy to get Ken to come back to them. Equally, it could be that they've accepted Bassini's compensation.

As for the comments on the interview, I also found it cringey with the comments about "best owner we've ever had." and going to the training ground most days and not being so interested in the money seemed odd. However, he didn't strike me as a total nutjob, but neither did Ken when he came in...

The waters feel very muddy again, just as it seemed they were becoming clearer. Everyone seems to have a different opinion.

I'd put my opinion in but I'm not sure I have one anymore...

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Agree entirely with the cynicism of Bassini's funds. How's he going to pay off 30 mill, and fund the club into the prem without breaking Financial Fairplay?

If he's not chatting shite then he's probably happy taking a fine as the cost for being back in the Prem.

Just now, SilentBob said:

If he's not chatting shite then he's probably happy taking a fine as the cost for being back in the Prem.

Could be a fine, could be an embargo plus a fine. What's the point getting to the Prem if we can't sign any players when we're there?

Anyway, in my opinion if we get Bassini as owner, it's very unlikely we get promoted in 2-3 years so it's irrelevant. Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think you go shouting about getting to the Prem before you buy a club, unless you're a bit mental/trying too hard.

It's either that or he's definitely got the funding to do it. But I think that's less likely that him being a nutjob.

Bassini didn't sound at all convincing to me. Maybe he's a stalking horse and there's a colossal game of chicken ongoing with a bidder(s) waiting in order to put more and more pressure on KA to concede ground who in return is suggesting that Bassini is nearly over the line. Or perhaps he really is the only show in town. Which on the basis of his past record doesn't bode particularly well. 

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

My guess - and that is all it is - was when H earlier signalled that he expected Bassini to complete today that either H's client had been paid the £8m for the shares or accepted a payment for delaying them to be called in.  Since then though Bassini claims he IS the money man and there is no consortium behind him (what about Dave Richards, John Williams et al?).  So has Bassini stumped up £8m out of his own newly created millions?

Bassini hasn't acquired the club yet despite all the publicity and it seems to me there are a few more twists and turns to come yet.

I don't think someone is entirely telling the whole truth, so it seems more likely to me that if H has stepped back that they are more likely to have done so for receiving a payment to delay rather than in receipt of the £8m - otherwise if Bassini has got that sort of money - and is spending it, presumably in this country, then why hasn't the sale been completed and announced rather than it be sweating on the money coming through?

Is the 8 million figure just a guess based on the 2 million that was initially quoted and the 12 million that H said his people would consider?

I think Dave Richards and John Williams would be there in a football capacity but not part of a consortium. I agree more twists and turns to come.

Someone's definitely fibbing though. Something doesn't add up, I just don't know which bit. Bassini says he's his own backer, Howard reckons he's got help from abroad. A very good comment on why the sale hasn't been completed yet if it's his own money.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Ken's office.

Could be a fine, could be an embargo plus a fine. What's the point getting to the Prem if we can't sign any players when we're there?

Anyway, in my opinion if we get Bassini as owner, it's very unlikely we get promoted in 2-3 years so it's irrelevant. Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think you go shouting about getting to the Prem before you buy a club, unless you're a bit mental/trying too hard.

It's either that or he's definitely got the funding to do it. But I think that's less likely that him being a nutjob.

Exactly, there's no guarantees and he's probably talking out of his arse. But being in the Prem is almost worth any punishment.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What about points deductions though? Changes the ball game completely.

Wouldn't come out until books are shown, I imagine. If what Howard said is true and there's a big hole that Ken has left that will allow him to spend more on players, that works in his benefit. The year after the books might end up being 'late' and if we're already in the Prem by then it wouldn't matter. Prem money covers almost any punishment. If we don't get in the Prem that's a different story. 

Is the 8 million figure just a guess based on the 2 million that was initially quoted and the 12 million that H said his people would consider?

I think Dave Richards and John Williams would be there in a football capacity but not part of a consortium. I agree more twists and turns to come.

Someone's definitely fibbing though. Something doesn't add up, I just don't know which bit. Bassini says he's his own backer, Howard reckons he's got help from abroad. A very good comment on why the sale hasn't been completed yet if it's his own money.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Ken's office.

Mate no offence but you do get a bit trying after a while - particularly since you've claimed to have read the whole thread on more than one occasion.

This is basic stuff you should really know by now.

Davies loaned KA personally £5m against the ownership of the clubs shares.

Howard states that there was an additional £3m loaned also.

Dark Horse bought this debt from Eddies estate and that is why they have been able to call the debt in and when the notice period is expired and the debt not settled, take control of the club.

To stop that happening KA needs to settle before the 14 day notice is up OR for someone to pay a consideration to delay the 14 days.

H has clearly stated that they require the full £8m owed.

That is why I've referred to the £8m above.

The consideration is whatever is agreeable between whoever wants to pay it and H's client.  H has stated that £2m had previously been offered and was not enough to be considered by his clients.

4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Mate no offence but you do get a bit trying after a while - particularly since you've claimed to have read the whole thread on more than one occasion.

This is basic stuff you should really know by now.

Davies loaned KA personally £5m against the ownership of the clubs shares.

Howard states that there was an additional £3m loaned also.

Dark Horse bought this debt from Eddies estate and that is why they have been able to call the debt in and when the notice period is expired and the debt not settled, take control of the club.

To stop that happening KA needs to settle before the 14 day notice is up OR for someone to pay a consideration to delay the 14 days.

H has clearly stated that they require the full £8m owed.

That is why I've referred to the £8m above.

The consideration is whatever is agreeable between whoever wants to pay it and H's client.  H has stated that £2m had previously been offered and was not enough to be considered by his clients.

This has made more sense in the 30 seconds it took me to read it than the pages and pages of crap we have had over last few days. Sluffy Sir I thank you.

Edited by hughmungus