Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

I thought that too at first, and it makes sense. Could it not be a case that they involved him to be that guy, but he actually is interested? Not sure who they're keeping the show up for if it's the case. Basran's team are out (or not, depending on who/what you believe), Howard's buyers can't do anything until next week, Gaspard are apparently time wasters.

Who does that leave that they want a better deal from? 

Someone posted earlier saying they think Bassini is 2nd in line. Probably leaving Gaspard as first. Not sure how they're going to get in though, they've been through moonshift allegedly.

Howard seemed more confident Bassini would get it today though

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

If you search for the registered office of Gaspard it comes up with a caravan site, assumed it was a reference to that.

It's the farm house across the road.

Thanks for the input @Howardroark! Been greatly appreciated over the last few weeks!! Let’s hope your message is not the last on here and that your message is because your taking over and not Bassini .. interesting you posted that and then Nixon tweeted about someone else! If not take care! I will look forward to the Dropbox 👍🏼

1 hour ago, DLH said:

Is it? Not that I want to give Nixon too much credence, but the BeN has Gaspard as there bankers... they're in the public domain aren't they.... Nixon's saying this lot need to come out into the open... Nixon's also alluding to it being the original court case lot on one of this responses...  

Unconvinced it’s gaspard. I only know that an employee of BBC radio Manchester told me that the BN think it’s most likely that a group other than Bassini will take over. That it’s someone who has been off radar but known for a while.

Looks like Bassini then 

Dont get me wrong, literally anything is better than where we are now, without somebody tipping tens of millions in within days / weeks we don’t have a football club 

IF Howard’s guys were who he said (I have no reason to doubt him on it) I’d have liked to have seen them get control 

Don't get me wrong, if you said to me a month back that we would be getting taken over by a rich firm with money from Thailand or London property magnates with the aim of PL, ex Blackburn chairman Williams involved then I’d have been ecstatic. It’s just the Basinni link, if you had money then why let that cretin anywhere near it? Nervous that it’s a situation like Birmingham where the ownership becomes a circus 

But then again, it’s better than playing Athy Coll’s in our opening game in August as a Phoenix club  

Wheres Jordan Rhodes these days 

Just listened to the talkSport interview with Bassini. He doesn’t actually sound as mental as I imagined. Spoke quite well apart from saying “right” after every other sentence.

cant even bring myself to imagine that he’s in cahoots with Ken as Boothy suggested but could definitely be a possibility.

Whatever is happening at least we’re slowly but surely getting closer it seems. If Bassini takes over let’s pray it’s not all bollocks and he does have money to take the club forward.

Not sure who owns what bits of land, but can see the land is valuable - the whole M61 corridor from M60 to J6 is in scope for logistics and housing.

Might be me being thick, but why hasn't Ken been able to leaverage its value or get another investor/partner like James to come on board and invest in the existing set up?

7 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

I thought that too at first, and it makes sense. Could it not be a case that they involved him to be that guy, but he actually is interested? Not sure who they're keeping the show up for if it's the case. Basran's team are out (or not, depending on who/what you believe), Howard's buyers can't do anything until next week, Gaspard are apparently time wasters.

Who does that leave that they want a better deal from? 

Didn't Ken say that the deal was worth less than the amount (£472K) that he spent on the shares? Or to be a litlle more explicit, BWFC spent on buying out Holdsworth and preventing  a Blumarble foreclosure?

As for Howard, his info was most interesting and useful but he never seemed entirely averse to chucking in one or two iffy bits or what some might call fibs.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Not sure who owns what bits of land, but can see the land is valuable - the whole M61 corridor from M60 to J6 is in scope for logistics and housing.

Might be me being thick, but why hasn't Ken been able to leaverage its value or get another investor/partner like James to come on board and invest in the existing set up?

Would you want to deal with ken?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Can't wait for Bassini's notes, I wonder what attire he will be donning?

I'm thinking shiny suit and black shades, holster with a pistol and silencer.

We are gonna have to be extremely careful what we say from now on, or we maybe waking up to a cow's head in the bed 🤔

It'll be a condition of sale, and a parting shot, that all interviews must be conducted whilst wearing a thank top.

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Proof of the pudding for Bassini will be when it's time to show what funds he has, how he got the funds and what his investment strategy is.

This isn't over yet.

Isn't this the only thing we've been waiting on for the last week? Funds?

If he can’t provide proof then we are in the shit

because Howard’s mob aren’t stepping up. If that was still a possibility she’d be lingering around. But, she’s flashed her gash and fooked off 

Edited by barrycowdrill

The comments Bassini made this morning about him being the sole buyer of the club, there is no way he can bail out the debt, pay off KA and have the cash to take the ongoing payments of wages etc, he has either got backing or in my opinion and more likely this wont happen.    

• Site Supporter
Just now, barrycowdrill said:

If he can’t provide proof by the 10th then we are in the shit

because Howard’s mob aren’t stepping up. If that was still a possibility she’d be lingering around. But, she’s flashed her gash and fooked off 

Or was it a final dice roll, we saved the club once, can do so again, and here are our plans.

Not much more he/she can do now whether genuine or not. Crunch time is here.

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Do we think Howard’s group accepted the compensation then? Or do we reckon that they just don’t see it going to the 10th.

hope they haven’t pulled out entirely

My guess - and that is all it is - was when H earlier signalled that he expected Bassini to complete today that either H's client had been paid the £8m for the shares or accepted a payment for delaying them to be called in.  Since then though Bassini claims he IS the money man and there is no consortium behind him (what about Dave Richards, John Williams et al?).  So has Bassini stumped up £8m out of his own newly created millions?

Bassini hasn't acquired the club yet despite all the publicity and it seems to me there are a few more twists and turns to come yet.

I don't think someone is entirely telling the whole truth, so it seems more likely to me that if H has stepped back that they are more likely to have done so for receiving a payment to delay rather than in receipt of the £8m - otherwise if Bassini has got that sort of money - and is spending it, presumably in this country, then why hasn't the sale been completed and announced rather than it be sweating on the money coming through?

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Howard’s mob aren’t stepping up. If that was still a possibility she’d be lingering around. But, she’s flashed her gash and fooked off 

Must have missed that bit.

Now i can't stop singing singing "Clopper time" in an MC Hammer style 

3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

My guess - and that is all it is - was when H earlier signalled that he expected Bassini to complete today that either H's client had been paid the £8m for the shares or accepted a payment for delaying them to be called in.  Since then though Bassini claims he IS the money man and there is no consortium behind him (what about Dave Richards, John Williams et al?).  So has Bassini stumped up £8m out of his own newly created millions?

Bassini hasn't acquired the club yet despite all the publicity and it seems to me there are a few more twists and turns to come yet.

I don't think someone is entirely telling the whole truth, so it seems more likely to me that if H has stepped back that they are more likely to have done so for receiving a payment to delay rather than in receipt of the £8m - otherwise if Bassini has got that sort of money - and is spending it, presumably in this country, then why hasn't the sale been completed and announced rather than it be sweating on the money coming through?

Definitely potential that they've taken the money. But there is absolutely no need for Bassini to pay it until Tuesday if he's so close to completing.

Howard doesn't mention them potentially taking the shares, so there could be a deal. May just be he doesn't see it reaching that point.

Think the 'game' is still being played out & that eventually it wont be Bassini but Howard's 'mob' who take over 

No concrete evidence for that just the extensive goodbye letter from Howard.

Still on PR duty.

If Bassini completes today like Howard said I'll be surprised to say the least

Sorry chaps, that’s the most cringeworthy interview I’ve heard for a long time.

‘His love and affection for the club’

Watford captain phoned him to say ‘You’re the best owner we’ve ever had’

He appeared at the Watford training ground most days ‘the money side doesn’t interest me that much’ - f*ck me it should, you’re the owner!!

Who knows what the future holds for our club, but this was embarrassing......