Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

What’s he done wrong saw an opportunity to buy a football club on the cheap and flip it ASAP knowing full well he’d have to do it by the seat of his pants at times - brinksmanship is not illegal. So this deal gets done mission accomplished? 

Oh and in the meantime got us back in the championship.

12 minutes ago, onlyoneawalker said:

What’s he done wrong saw an opportunity to buy a football club on the cheap and flip it ASAP knowing full well he’d have to do it by the seat of his pants at times - brinksmanship is not illegal. So this deal gets done mission accomplished? 

Oh and in the meantime got us back in the championship.

And half way back out of the championship. 

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

BWFC doesn’t exist without Ken utter tripe. I have given him credit perhaps you’ve not read my post properly. I’ll wait until the deal goes through and accounts show the true picture before I blow smoke up kens arse. 

if it just been Holdsworth, we would now be an ex football league club

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Yeah and we would be re-born as AFC BOLTON in the National League North :D 

Careful, you'll upset the non league aficionados thinking you can reboot at such a high level 

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And half way back out of the championship. 

We’re in the same position we were last season.

we had similar catastrophic runs last season. 

Again you severely underestimate the job in hand when he took over.

44 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

BWFC doesn’t exist without Ken utter tripe. I have given him credit perhaps you’ve not read my post properly. I’ll wait until the deal goes through and accounts show the true picture before I blow smoke up kens arse. 

Why is it utter tripe?

who else wanted us and wanted to undertake the challenge?

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Aye they entered the high court hoping HMRC would file for admin. They said fuck off we want insolvency.

The judge agreed and that was the only way it was heading.

at the time ED had simply had enough. Fresh from the death of Gartside and his fortune already been pissed away, with the KA we were gone.

...and without KA we’d have been gonners 2-3 times since. There’s more to running a multi million business than simply putting cash in.

Honeslty people are so naive. 

Weve all heard from the horses mouths what a state the accounts were in. We had forensic accountants going through the books, We were losing an absolute fortune in a daily basis and nobody in the land wanted the job to sort it out apart fro KA, in which he did. 

He fucked a lot of people over and upset plenty in doing so but he’s achieved his remit which was to stabilise the clubs cash flow and outgoings and make the business into a sellable or investable business. We weren’t but now we are. Simples really.

forget the chairman’s notes and all the other circus generated in social media. He’s done or nearly done what he was asked to do. He never said he was going to do anything else. 

Fair fucks to the guy. If he wanted to screw us over and rinse us he could have easily done so. But he didn’t, he remained diligent in spite of all the bile he faced.  

Target achived ken. Well done i say. 

Nailed it there.

Alas, some folk are so entrench in their views they refuse to believe the facts. They'll just pick and choose the negatives and repeat them.

You're wasting your time. I gave up a long time ago.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

apparently ken has been spotted coming out of kathy's colonic irrigation clinic

• Moderators
Just now, Escobarp said:

Not sure it sits on the books. It’s a contingent liability so whilst it may be recorded in the notes it shouldn’t show on the balance sheet when we finally see an upto date set of account. 

I bow to your knowledge of accounting terms

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Nailed it there.

Alas, some folk are so entrench in their views they refuse to believe the facts. They'll just pick and choose the negatives and repeat them.

You're wasting your time. I gave up a long time ago.

As I have said all along I’ll wait until KA has sold and left the business before I jump to the conclusion Gonzo has in his last paragraph above.