Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

Possibly mate but looking beyond Red Bull as a serious rival is anyone’s guess. Hamilton, Bottas, Max on the podium with the odd interloper for me. Could so easily be wrong though. One thing I wilL predict though is that Ferrari will barely trouble the scorers

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Possibly mate but looking beyond Red Bull as a serious rival is anyone’s guess. Hamilton, Bottas, Max on the podium with the odd interloper for me. Could so easily be wrong though. One thing I wilL predict though is that Ferrari will barely trouble the scorers

Correct re Ferrari. They were going to be really competitive this year I believe with the new rule changes . But as they’ve been postponed it will be a Lewis procession again. 

• Site Supporter

Another procession for Lewis.

Last season for Bottas in the Merc I reckon. Think they’ll put Russell in that seat in 2022 alongside Lewis for his last hurrah before he goes to Ferrari in 2023 for his last 2 years.

• Site Supporter

Fuck Ferrari full fucking stop. Biggest cheating cunts ever. Not because others don't also, many have done so over the years but they use their status to bend the rules or break them with little punishment compared to other teams.

This year I am hoping Russell can get some points, McLaren improve and Perez keeps Max on his toes.

Lando and Danny should be entertaining post race.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Another procession for Lewis.

Last season for Bottas in the Merc I reckon. Think they’ll put Russell in that seat in 2022 alongside Lewis for his last hurrah before he goes to Ferrari in 2023 for his last 2 years.

Will retire when he leaves merc IMO 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Probably, but I just think he’d be tempted if the Ferrari is competitive by then.

It would have to be more than competitive for him I think. He’s only going elsewhere if he’s going To have a proper chance of winning it. He’s an egomaniac. He isn’t going to tarnish his legacy I don’t think. 

I would love to see him winning races in the Ferrari though. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, MancWanderer said:

Wins this season and he’s gone for good. No way will he take the chance in an inferior car. Russell in to replace him for definite for me. Bottas takes second place can see Merc giving him a shot at the title in 2022. He deserves it

I am not sure yet. Going to be an interesting year with all eyes on the future. If Bottas gets a good start to the season then he has a shot at lead driver for 2022, if he doesn't then I think he is toast.

Hamilton I think is 80% retiring but at the same time that 20% would not be too much of a surprise, especially if he sees potential in the new car. Plus there is always the chance of some stupid offer from another team.

I just really hope some of the other drivers shine this year; Russell, Perez, Riccardo and Norris. Would be funny to see Alonso shaking it up too.

• Members
8 hours ago, Spider said:

Probably, but I just think he’d be tempted if the Ferrari is competitive by then.

Ferrari are miles off. 
Not even the car but the mess behind the scenes. Merc are successful because of such a strong behind the drivers 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You won’t find a better shine anywhere and not a magic tree in sight 😍

Wanted to be a F1 mechanic as a kid, when I got older I realised they were madder than the drivers 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Wanted to be a F1 mechanic as a kid, when I got older I realised they were madder than the drivers 

Looks all good travelling the world and seeing places dont it. Read something a while back were one of em eas saying in reality you dont get to see anywhere, its hotel then track, repeat for a few days then fly off again. Divorce rate in the paddock through the roof apparently as well.

Definitely earn their money.

• Members
1 hour ago, boogs said:

Looks all good travelling the world and seeing places dont it. Read something a while back were one of em eas saying in reality you dont get to see anywhere, its hotel then track, repeat for a few days then fly off again. Divorce rate in the paddock through the roof apparently as well.

Same with football coaches, go to these great cities and then get asked what’s it like? Err well the hotel was nice 

2 hours ago, boogs said:

Mrs Sweeps cousin is a mechanic for one of the Superbike teams, travels all over the world, never gets to see any of it - he's been doing it for about 30 years, which is why he's still single, it's not the sort of life you can lead and hold down any sort of relationship - he does reckon there is top level shagging to be done though on or around race day, as numerous groupies want to try and get access behind the scenes to pit lanes etc

• Moderators
On 05/03/2021 at 10:59, Sweep said:

Mrs Sweeps cousin is a mechanic for one of the Superbike teams, travels all over the world, never gets to see any of it - he's been doing it for about 30 years, which is why he's still single, it's not the sort of life you can lead and hold down any sort of relationship - he does reckon there is top level shagging to be done though on or around race day, as numerous groupies want to try and get access behind the scenes to pit lanes etc

Yeah but all the groupies are blokes